Rockwood Lady Tigers

TigersBball42

I think that Rockwood is an alright team..it has some good hitters..and all i have 2 say about Candace Gallaher is that she has gotten ALOT better than whenever i played with her..she was good then..now she is even better...And Lindsay and Chasity Smith are hitting good also. And so is Jamie Cofer..but if Brittany had pitched for Alcoa they probably would of had a harder time winning...but if they keep playn good and keep their head in the game they should do pretty dang good in the distict and maybe make it to regions and even state..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Candace is doing great... Lindsay may be sick right now... but she'll be back... Chastity ... shes great... and Jaime!!! what can i say ... well nothing... my father told me not to say anything or ill jynx it! but im sooo happy for her right now :D Congrats Ladies... youve put up some impressive wins... cant wait for our game in lovely KINGSTON!~!~!

ok, as a member of the lady jackets i would say rockwood is being shown more respect this year than they were last year. i would also say we didn't get shown much respect last year. but if you have problems with respect and say you guys have not been recieving it did you earn it last year? if you didn't earn it you dan't deserve it, respect doesn't come free, earn it and quit complaining, i know quite a bit of lady tigers and are friends with them but quit your complaining!!!! to tell you the truth i don't think that coalfield is a BIG win.

ok, as a member of the lady jackets i would say rockwood is being shown more respect this year than they were last year. i would also say we didn't get shown much respect last year. but if you have problems with respect and say you guys have not been recieving it did you earn it last year? if you didn't earn it you dan't deserve it, respect doesn't come free, earn it and quit complaining, i know quite a bit of lady tigers and are friends with them but quit your complaining!!!! to tell you the truth i don't think that coalfield is a BIG win.

825661052[/snapback]

Most of the talk on this subject has to do with regular season. How will Rockwood do if they make it to the Spring Flling, and how would they do? Who do you think will be there in single A, and could Rockwood hang??????

I'll honestly say that Rockwood or any Class A team from East Tennessee (Regions 1 & 2) would have very little chance at winning the state. Those privates schools are just loaded every year and they would be considered the favorites.

I'm not trying to stir up the public/private debate but just look at the past champions in Class A and you'll see that the privates have dominated.

I'll honestly say that Rockwood or any Class A team from East Tennessee (Regions 1 & 2) would have very little chance at winning the state. Those privates schools are just loaded every year and they would be considered the favorites.

I'm not trying to stir up the public/private debate but just look at the past champions in Class A and you'll see that the privates have dominated.

825661174[/snapback]

This is true....the odds on favorite for the Class A state is Goodpasture. Truthfully, Goodpasture may be the best team in the state at any division. Nothing against Rockwood...but this team is loaded from top to bottom with at least half of the starters playing for the Nighthawks 18U Gold team last year.....a team that competed at the HIGHEST level with much success. BUT, the 2005-2006 classifications makes changes which will put things more in line...Goodpasture will be AA next year, as well as several other tough private schools.

I dont think anybody said coalfield was a big win, it was an important win in clinching first place going into the district tourney. I fully agree with goose about the private schools dominating they are just too talented. However our goal is to make it to the tourney this year to get a taste and next year we will have basically the same team to make a run at the title. The girls are earning their respect on the field just like they should.

This is true....the odds on favorite for the Class A state is Goodpasture.  Truthfully, Goodpasture may be the best team in the state at any division.  Nothing against Rockwood...but this team is loaded from top to bottom with at least half of the starters playing for the Nighthawks 18U Gold team last year.....a team that competed at the HIGHEST level with much success.  BUT, the 2005-2006 classifications makes changes which will put things more in line...Goodpasture will be AA next year, as well as several other tough private schools.

825661259[/snapback]

With the ladie tigers bat's one of those teams better not over look them. I love under dogs.

With the ladie tigers bat's one of those teams better not over look them. I love under dogs.

825661635[/snapback]

Rockwood bat's hasn't seen pitching like they will see from the private schools. Just ask Unaka and CAK. Most all of your players for private schools, play "A" ball during the summer. Would love to see a team from East Tennesse(Knoxville area) do good in the 1A State.

Edited by Old Blue

I looked at the TSSAA Web site to see when a public school last one Class A and it hasn'r happened since 1986. In 86, and quite a few years before that, Memphis Skyview won the tourney and I don't know if they're public or private. If they're private then I think Richland was the last to win it around 1980.

Next year, however, a lot of those schools will play Class AA so that gives the publics more of a chance.

That being said, all streaks eventually come to an end and maybe a Class A public school like Rockwood, Midway or Harriman could go to Memphis and shock the state.

It's not likely... but you never know.

Most of the talk on this subject has to do with regular season. How will Rockwood do if they make it to the Spring Flling, and how would they do? Who do you think will be there in single A, and could Rockwood hang??????

825661133[/snapback]

Good job to them if they make it to the spring fling but if they keep hollering for RESPECT then all their focus will be on that and not on the game, the Lady Tigers have had a heck of a season and played very good but don't get to cocky because when people get cocky they tend to think they are better than everybody and tend to lose the game they are playing. Yeah rockwood could hang but they still have to play ball and not give up. And the whole thing about the underdogs, you had better watch out because talking about underdogs, well.....we won't even go there.