Oak Ridge Blunders Again

catscratch

This situation is beyond out of control.  The whole process for finding a new coach has failed.  The same people who want Gaddis back are the same people who were running him away a few years ago.  There is no reason Stevens should not get the job; people with hidden agendas have driven this process to keep him from getting this job.  There seems to be too many people who know everything about what's going on in the process.  For a hometown guy and a head coach who has proven himself he is not getting treated with respect.

825646623[/snapback]

He was treated with all the respect. He got an interview and WAS NOT selected. How much more respect do you want? The committee interviewed the candidates and selected Coach Gaddis. Not Coach Stevens.

I am sure if Coach STevens had performed well enough in the interview, he would have been offered the job. But COach Gaddis obviously outperformed Coach Stevens. Plain and simple.

It seems to me you have ONE person who wants Stevens and that is OUTGOING principal Ken Green. I guess the committee was just an honorary one at that. What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was treated with all the respect.  He got an interview and WAS NOT selected.  How much more respect do you want?  The committee interviewed the candidates and selected Coach Gaddis.  Not Coach Stevens. 

I am sure if Coach STevens had performed well enough in the interview, he would have been offered the job.  But COach Gaddis obviously outperformed Coach Stevens.  Plain and simple.

It seems to me you have ONE person who wants Stevens and that is OUTGOING principal Ken Green.  I guess the committee was just an honorary one at that.  What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825646630[/snapback]

The committee knew they did not want Stevens as the new head coach from the beginning of the process. If Gaddis is the man then he was strung along the whole time.

The committee knew they did not want Stevens as the new head coach from the beginning of the process.  If Gaddis is the man then he was strung along the whole time.

825646679[/snapback]

Strung along by who? From what I read on here, he was given just as much of a shot as every other candidate.

And if it is true that the committee knew they did not want Stevens, why would Stevens want to come to Oak Ridge?

Strung along by who?  From what I read on here, he was given just as much of a shot as every other candidate.

And if it is true that the committee knew they did not want Stevens, why would Stevens want to come to Oak Ridge?

825646686[/snapback]

What's going here on this site is public opinion. From what I read on this site it seems as though he was strung along. When the first guy turned the job down it should have been Stevens.

I thought OR doesn't contact coaches, and if Gaddis didn't apply who contacted who?

What's going here on this site is public opinion.  From what I read on this site it seems as though he was strung along.  When the first guy turned the job down it should have been Stevens. 

I thought OR doesn't contact coaches, and if Gaddis didn't apply who contacted who?

825646698[/snapback]

Oak Ridge doesn't contact coaches.

I am sure if Coach STevens had performed well enough in the interview, he would have been offered the job. But Coach Gaddis obviously outperformed Coach Stevens

I'm new to this post and I live in Oak Ridge and played for Oak Ridge under Coach Gaddis. I don't have a problem if that is there choice, but I do have a problem with the lack of consideration that they seem be giving coach Stevens.

It's comical to sit here and read this post about Ken Green blocking the selection and having a hidden agenda.

1. If anybody has a hidden agenda it's that so called committe. You place so much faith in it but since we don't know who's on it then how do we know that they don't have a hidden agenda. Why because you all say so or may be you all have the same hidden agenda.

2. Who says that that committee represents all Oak Ridge fans. Who, you all whom seem to think you know everything. My phone has been ringing off the hook with people who don't think this is the best route for Oak Ridge's future.

3. How do we know that Coach Stevens didn't perform well, oh yeah the committee that represents everyone says so. Like someone said before, I bet that some of the are the same individuals whom condemed him before, but for some reason he's the unanimous choice. I guess that in there mind, that choice is the best choice as long as it's not "Stevens"? I wonder what agenda that falls behind.

4. Like it or not Ken Green still is the principle. I don't think that any of you will find that in his contract it says stop doing your job since you will not be here next year. I don't remember hearing people complaining when the paper said that Mrs. Lussier would be leaving, but she would still be making decisions on teacher hirings next year. Oh but that doesn't count because it's only about our kids education, not who their football coach will be.

Who ever the next coach is I will support, not just because of "Football" but because of the kids playing football. Football has opened many doors for a lot of my friends and for that I am greatfull.

Edited by extremefury

No doubt Stevens is a good coach. Anyone that suggests he is a better coach than Coach Gaddis is either insane, ignorant, or delusional. This is not to say that he is not a good coach. But honestly, he is not a better coach than Gaddis. This post is not meant as a negative post against Coach Stevens. This post is aimed at the process.

This is sickening. A true crime has been committed against the community of Oak Ridge. It hurts to know that a man with ZERO interest in Oak Ridge football has blocked the decision of the committee (which, yes, is representative of the community). This decision comes from a man who never even cared about athletics when he was actually at the school more than 2 days a week. How can this happen? Where is our leadership? Where is our superintendent? He could do something if he wanted to. This is an outrage. I know people who support Stevens will disagree with this post, but the fact was, after the interviews, only ONE was impressive. He was offered the job and turned the job down. So, the committee turned elsewhere. They found another candidate more impressive than the rest. They voted to make him the head coach, and a man who doesn't support football and won't be in the school next year and who has never even met Coach Gaddis blocked him. It is a sad day in Oak Ridge. Even in today's meeting, Gaddis STILL WON a tainted vote. He won before the principal rejected him, and he won after the principal rejected him.

Don't our tax dollars pay the superintendent and the principal? Does it bother anyone else that we are paying them to serve themselves and not the people? If you have a problem with this as I do, call the schoolboard. Call the superintendent. The only way to make something happen is get to the people that are SUPPOSED to serve the community. Are we going to let this happen? I pray not.

I'm new to this post and I live in Oak Ridge and played for Oak Ridge under Coach Gaddis.  I don't have a problem if that is there choice, but I do have a problem with the lack of consideration that they seem be giving coach Stevens.

It's comical to sit here and read this post about Ken Green blocking the selection and having a hidden agenda.

1. If anybody has a hidden agenda it's that so called committe. You place so much faith in it but since we don't know who's on it then how do we know that they don't have a hidden agenda.  Why because you all say so or may be you all have the same hidden agenda.

2. Who says that that committee represents all Oak Ridge fans.  Who, you all whom seem to think you know everything.  My phone has been ringing off the hook with people who don't think this is the best route for Oak Ridge's future.

3. How do we know that Coach Stevens didn't perform well, oh yeah the committee that represents everyone says so.  Like someone said before, I bet that some of the are the same individuals whom condemed him before, but for some reason he's the unanimous choice.  I guess that in there mind, that choice is the best choice as long as it's not "Stevens"?  I wonder what agenda that falls behind.

4. Like it or not Ken Green still is the principle.  I don't think that any of you will find that in his contract it says stop doing your job since you will not be here next year.  I don't  remember hearing people complaining when the paper said that Mrs. Lussier would be leaving, but she would still be making decisions on teacher hirings next year.  Oh but that doesn't count because it's only about our kids education, not who their football coach will be.

Who ever the next coach is I will support, not just because of "Football" but because of the kids playing football.  Football has opened many doors for a lot of my friends and for that I am greatfull.

825646717[/snapback]

Mrs. Lussier has not already accepted another position in another state and traveling to that state to perform the new job duties while she tries to perform her Willowbrook duties on a scaled down part-time basis as Mr. Green is doing with his ORHS job. BIG difference!! Mrs. Lussier is a well loved long time educator in the city of Oak Ridge. BIG difference!! Mrs. Lussier raised her children in the Oak Ridge school system. Mr. Green's wife home schools their children. BIG difference!! Mr. Green rarely attended football games!

We all know and love Mrs. Lussier and Ken Green is NO BOBBI LUSSIER!!

Edited by ORfever

Let's try to make sense of this from a realistic standpoint. Say Coach Gaddis did not apply as did the other candidates. And the selection committee subverted the application process, contacted Coach Gaddis, determined he was their choice and the administration had hired coach Gaddis. What legal recourse would the other applicants have had, if any? Is this what happened?

I felt Coach Gaddis was the right choice. I also feel Coach Stevens is a fine choice, although not the first choice of many, including myself. I will give my full support to Coach Stevens. Any who will not support him, will be hurting the team in the process.

Mrs. Lussier has not already accepted another position in another state and traveling to that state to perform the new job duties while she tries to perform her Willowbrook duties on a scaled down part-time basis as Mr. Green is doing with his ORHS job. BIG difference!! Mrs. Lussier is a well loved long time educator in the city of Oak Ridge. BIG difference!! Mrs. Lussier raised her children in the Oak Ridge school system. Mr. Green's wife home schools their children. BIG difference!! Mr. Green rarely attended football games!

Wow, seems to be a little biased don't you think. No there is no difference. Just because you say she has not scaled down her job, just because her kids went to Oak Ridge Schools, and just because she hasn't gotten a job she should be able to make decisions on what goes on in Oak Ridge next year. Same principle, she will not be here just as Green. The bottom line is she won't be here next year, so tell me again, why she should be able to make decisions that effect our future and not Green. I'm no supporter of Ken Green and I could care less about him, I just think it's funny how people feel that their view is the only view. That's the same mentality that has gotten us to this point.

Now who does it look like has an agenda. Seems to me that everyone has their view and they will do or say anything they want to justify it. I can't fault you on that, it's your right, but I also have a right to my view.

With that being said, I have a lot of respect for Coach Lussier. I played for him when coach Young and Gaddis were here. His son Chad was our water boy. I think that he and his family have represented the community well. I wish him and his family well.

Edited by extremefury