notre dame

mjuhb

something bothers me about there record i don't mean to rehash this again but at the ccs tounry when fra beat notre on penalties it shows up as a tie on there record

saying that tssaa rules it has to be a tie BUT on mccallie's record they have a win

on pk's and they call it a win i know mccallie played game in alabama but

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The FRA-Notre Dame game was decided on MLS style PK which TSSAA does not allow. Some tournament use it because it is different and fans like to watch it. TSSAA allows them to use it but it won't count as an official win, but a tie.

The McCallie tie that was decided on PK's was probably an traditional PK situation but I may be wrong. Maybe if you play in another state, the rules don't apply.

This is my understanding of the rule.

Saying all that, who cares. Post-season is what matters not records.

Does FRA and Tullahoma get a loss because they forfieted their last game of the tournament to get home early. (and because they were tired and beat up)

Although we can discuss it, I don't think it matters.

District records are what counts because of seeding for the post season.

What difference does it make if a team is 13-4-1 or 13-3-2 at the end of the season?

825650947[/snapback]

You are correct, it just made me think about what the rule is for that (if there is one).

Does FRA and Tullahoma get a loss because they forfieted their last game of the tournament to get home early. (and because they were tired and beat up)

825650917[/snapback]

This has already been discussed...Notre dame has the idea that we forfeited..but the point is that Warren County left, and thats why they didn't get to play their last game...their consolation game. Tullahoma was supposed to play them the Following Thursday so BOTH elected to play then instead. Tullahoma didn't want to play a consolation championship game when the other finalist had already left town...

first of all what is mls pk all pk's are the same 5 on 5 second it seems like they are trying to protect there record because they think they were entitled to the

championship but to kill the subject once and for all tullahoma should get a forfiet

over fra and notre dame over warren co i tried to e-mail tssaa officials on the subject maybe i will get a response

MLS old school PK's are where you dribble at the keeper and the keeper can come out. It's like Hockey. I don't think they do it any more in MLS though. This style is completely different from real PK's, but I think a win is a win and a loss is a loss, no matter how it happens. That includes forfeits. At the end of the season though, it won't matter, then it's all about the postseason record.