McEwen Warriors

McEwenFootball77

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys how you think that they will this year? this is the first time in 4 years that they get away from the likes of state champs like DCA and so on. Guess what our record will be if you don't mind

i say 8-2... but that's just me

825651703[/snapback]

I think you are going to be real surprised how good the old region 6 teams are. In my opinion they are going to dominate region 5 this year. I could be wrong but I don,t think so. Cascade, Eagleville and Forrest could finish 123.

I say, i wold like to see Waverly and McEwen play in early fall... like a scrimage.

825651947[/snapback]

Well the only problem with that is that last time we did it our goal posts were painted blue and they had a big M in the middle of their field from gas <_<

Is coach Calicott still there? He is a great guy and a great young coach.

825651982[/snapback]

Well he is still teaching, but his wife recently had a baby so he resigned for the time being.

And Fuqua you are right. those dang ABC soup survivors are here and we will suprise everybody!

McEwen[/url]Football77' date='Apr 20 2005 - 06:10 AM']Well the only problem with that is that last time we did it our goal posts were painted blue and they had a big M in the middle of their field from gas <_<

Well he is still teaching, but his wife recently had a baby so he resigned for the time being.

And Fuqua you are right. those dang ABC soup survivors are here and we will suprise everybody!

825652120[/snapback]

It is a shame that several idiots can ruin quite possibly a great rivalry. Two towns so close should always play one another, especially being in the same county and being close to the same size. They should play in all sports. Think of how great of a basketball event it could have been this year with both teams doing so well. Unfortunately, because of various reasons (all ridiculous by the way), it will never happen.

These two schools should definitely play in all sports. The reason they don't play is simple: McEwen won't do it. Simply because of foolish reasons. They should play Waverly in all sports for a number of reasons: both schools would benefit from the gate money at these events. Also, if McEwen wins any of the games , then it is like winnning the Super Bowl, and if Waverly wins, then they were supposed to win. I think it is a shame that petty issues keep these two schools from playing. Personally, I would like to see these games. I think it would generate a lot of community involvement in school sports, which is something that Humphreys Co. definitely needs. Just my two cents worth.