coaches working together

5A football fan

Bleacherbum-I also agree with you, but I think it would be beneficial for the players as well as the individual coaches if they could work or just communicate with each other. Same player, same sport, but some players can't play comfortably using the mechanics that another coach wants them to use. Susie Player may bat .350 using the stance that Joe Coach showed her, but only .200 using the stance Bob Coach wants her to use. Then again, Bob may have showed her how to field the ball better. If Joe & Bob would communicate, then Susie would be a better player and both coaches would get better results in the game.  :ph34r:

825654465[/snapback]

I agree...but I think there is alot of pride involved...especially when you have one coach that is male, and the other coach is female. Males usually think they know more than the female about fundamentals, even if the male has never played fastpitch softball. Usually what ends up happening in their high school careers, the girl has to oblige the high school coach to keep him/her happy, then do what they do best in the summer leagues when college coaches are more involved in recruiting. And guess what?...when they get to college, it will start all over again because the college coach will probably have another better way of doing things. so I guess its just best if the players are adaptable to change...those are the ones that seem to be successful the best.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any coach, regardless of school ball or travel ball, can learn from the other. I have never met a coach that knew it all, as a matter of fact some coaches know the game but do not know how to motivate their players (vice versa). The point is that coaches should share and be open to suggestions and techniques from each other; remember the players are the focus of the game, not the coaches and their egos.

Any coach, regardless of school ball or travel ball, can learn from the other. I have never met a coach that knew it all, as a matter of fact some coaches know the game but do not know how to motivate their players (vice versa). The point is that coaches should share and be open to suggestions and techniques from each other; remember the players are the focus of the game, not the coaches and their egos.

825655131[/snapback]

I havent met a coach that knew it all either, but some think they do

:D I can't answer for other programs but at Forrest we work good together with the High school coach. I coach the midddle school team and also coach a travel team that helps both the Jr High and High school team . I do agree that travel ball is the builder behind the good programs.

:D  I can't answer for other programs but at Forrest we work good  together with the High school coach. I coach the midddle school team and also coach a travel team that helps both the Jr High and High school team . I do agree that travel ball is the builder behind the good programs.

825657946[/snapback]

Maybe that's why Forrest usually goes to the state! Some people can't see the "Forrest" for the trees. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol: