Rockettech bat

billybobparker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Anderson RocketTek is the hottest bat out there period. This years 2005 RocketTek is legal. The 2004 is legal also but only grandfathered in if bought in June 2004. The 04 is the hottest bat in softaball history. They are just about gone now because they dent up pretty quick. The 05 is not as hot. In fact, they are no hotter than any other of the top four or five major labels. The Catalyst comes in a -8 and -10. The -8 is double wall and is the hottest. The -10 is single wall and not impressive at all. But, whoever swings the -8, I'm positive they have a low batting average or, if not, they are facing slow pitching. This bat is so heavy that it causes some severe loopy swings. You can't get this bat through the zone at high school age against good pitchers unless you are a moose. The Quad has the same problems with an even smaller sweet spot. This bat should only be used by mooses :lol: . If an umpire has a strike zone the size of a shoebox, you can be successful with the Quad. If the strike zone is from the top of the head to a foot off the plate like the umpire we had last night, forget it. The Quad is just too difficult for great pitching and bad umpiring. :P

I think they give the batter an unfair advantage. I feel they will add 10' to a hit. Our team has a 2005 it seems very hot. Our girls have hit better since they have gotten one. Must be something to the rockettech. Last year in travel ball I saw teams that would have at least seven or eight lined up on the fence and not another bat to be seen.

I think all softball/baseball bats should be a standardized single-wall bat. The only difference should be the weight and length for different size players. Then you could could see who the real power hitters are and the game would be safer when a line drive is hit. To me, a player using a $300 multi-wall super bat is no different than a player using steroids to gain advantage. You have to use the same ball, so why not the same bat? :(

Great point Coachrt! I totally agree. I think that baseball should even go to wood bats. I know a team who before they had rocketeks had never hit a homerun and since midseason last year have been hitting them out left and right. 9 girls on that team have at least one home run and a few of them are multihomer girls. That bat is too dangerous to pitch to from 40'.

leave the bats alone.....its made girls softball more exciting.......

825658292[/snapback]

Don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but.. I'm sure to an outside fan, it may seem like a lot of fun having line drives hit so quick you can't catch them.. but as a pitcher, i say the rockettech does need to be banned. Everybody will think it's a great bat to have until one of their players gets seriously hurt.