mount juliet

llj1137075

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm........9-1-0 i think that speaks for itself. they have two great goal scorers in bubba goodman and gabe turner they have great defense in peter farastad and kenny hern. they have a sleeper in chad cagle. they are getting great play out of their goalie brent hunter. o yea they beat symra last night 2-0 and are now 5-0 in the district. they are a great team.

stop bubba and you stop the goal scoring. but he is a beast. their defense is quick and can shut people down in a hurry. if you can stop bubba and find a way to get 1-2 goals you should at least walk away witha tie. i'd say the best bet is to run a 5 man defense with one guy responsible at all times for bubba. the other guy is fast but not near the threat.

Shaggy.... stopping Bubba would be a big factor in the game. He is a huge presence up top. He has carried our team a long way, he is a great asset to the team. But he isnt the only person who can score. As ozzie said our other forward Gabe is a big threat too. He is quick on and off the ball. He can also win almost any ball in the air. Our midfield is strong to. They can handle the ball very well and can rip some nasty shots. We also have a pretty good threat from the outside mids to. We have two fast wings with good crosses.

And shaggy in order to get 1 or 2 goals on us you have to get past our defense. Every player on our defense is fast and very smart, if you do get past them you will have to deal with our goalie. Hes not very experienced but as been incredible for us this year. He has made some saves that alot of goalies just cant do.

Shaggy maybe we will play you depending on where you go to school and you can see for yourself.

7-AAA plays everyone and we have a 8 team district but any ways that post up there was awful play a 5 people back and one always on that kid come on personally i dont think that its nessicary we played herndersonville 3 years ago they had a kid named zander pretty sure most people have herd of him he had i think 1 good shot and that was it we did nothing special to mark him just put are full back on him i dont know this kid he might be way better then zander but i dout it we have never marked one player it takes to much away from the rest of your team but thats what i think now to the subject in hand mt.J looks to be a pretty good team they beat smryna but havent had to much more to play not takein them down at all we havent had the hardiest sechule either but we will see in tournament time liek we will for alot of these teams in question of thier ability but good luck Mt.J and congrats on beatin smryna i loved seein that score

Thanks. I loved seeing the score too.

As for the schedule, I don't know why we don't play everyone (I'd love to play Gallatin and Hendersonville in the regular season), but it might have something to do with how the district used to be. District 9 used to be broken up into North and South. MJ, Smyrna, Wilson Central, and LaVergne were South I believe. Now, we play those three teams as well as two teams from the North district. That's why we only play 5 games. If I had my way, we'd play all 7 of the other teams.

Good luck with your season too.

And by the way, I'm not even sure if Bubba is the leading goal scorer. He may be, but it's really close.

Edited by MJSoccer 10