Oakland/Riverdale

I_Live_4_Baseball

I predict a split each with both teams winning at home. I hope oakland can get on a roll with just a week left until district tournament and hopefully then can make some noise in the post season. If oakland wins both it will give them some momentum going into the tournament. good luck to both squads. at oakland on wednesday at 630 then at riverdale on thursday 630

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back@home must be an undercover Oakland fan putting together some bulletin board material for OHS  :^)

Anything can happen in baseball on any given day.  RHS better worry about Oakland, and Cookville better worry about Siegel imho.

825657116[/snapback]

Could not agree more, both teams better not look ahead, and both be ready for the teams they are playing that day. I don't think Riverdale will look beyond Oakland, as that is always a big game for both clubs, but Cookeville has been known to look ahead, like last yr when White Co. upset their perfect record.

Could be a BIG week in District Play,

Could not agree more, both teams better not look ahead, and both be ready for the teams they are playing that day. I don't think Riverdale will look beyond Oakland, as that is always a big game for both clubs, but Cookeville has been known to look ahead, like last yr when White Co. upset their perfect record.

Could be a BIG week in District Play,

825658653[/snapback]

Two series left:

http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/baseball/standings.html

Should be a fun week of baseball!!!

i think RIVERDALE should sweer oakland however...even when oakland was dominating everyone and RIVERDALE was still coming up that game was always tough it and old saying but it is true record dont matter in this one it would make oakland season if they beat us and would be extra sweet if they swept we have good leadership on our team so i am hoping that our SRs will lead us to victory in both games. On a side note ....RIVERDALE vs franklin scrimmage on Thursday at Riverdale so check the scrimmage and then at 630 come to the baseball game should be a great night of high school athletics

Has this game lost some of it's luster? We (Riverdale) control our own destiny, but Oakland has struggled and Blackman has suprised many. siegel is here which has waterdowned the rivalry. I am not hearing a whole lot about this series. Admittedly I have been out of touch for a month now I was expecting a lot more hype. Your ideas?

What is going on at Oakland? I know they have lost 2 key players in Watson and Patterson, but they are not scoring like I thought they would and they are giving up a bunch of runs. My gut tells me one thing, but I would like to hear someone close to the programs thoughts.

Play hard and clean guys(:

Game Time,

We are just a young team. We will have two Seniors on the field tonight. Tye McCleary pitching and Rusty Howard at third. They both have really stepped up their games with the loss of Watson and Patterson. Both are hitting over .450 since we got back from Knoville. Cory Sorgenfrei, also a senior will be the DH and has hit well and Mitch Warren, our loan junior has played soild. But we will start three freshman and three sophomore in the field. They are all good ball players but nothing really prepares you for District 7AAA play. All the travel teams and summer programs around just can't do that. Long term this will make OHS a force to deal with but for now we are still learning. These kids have played the butts off and have battled all year through some really strange stuff.

Will Underland and Justin Jones are four year starters at RHS and I think you will agree that they have gotten better every year. But the were surround by a host of upper classman their freshman and sophomore years. They were "roll player" and good ones, but did not have to play great every game. Although Will made a big splash on ther mound his freshman year. I am not making excuses just stating facts.

With all that said it is still Oakland vs Riverdale and I think we will see two good games. Both are well coached and will play hard.