Region 4-5a

BLUEcash

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had read the other threads you would know Oakland is picked to win the region. :D

Lets face it Riverdale is once again the odds on favorite to go defeated un challenged and win it all. They are still on top of the mountain challenging all comers. Metaphoricaly speaking no one else has even got out of base camp.

Smyrna does not need to be mentioned as a contender period. Most people do not expect much from them in 2005.

The battle for 4th playoff spot will be intense this yr could come down to

WC - will be most improved

LEBANON - ??? Heard they lost a ton of talent

OAKLAND - much improved?

I dont see Blackman or Siegel being much better. Blackman may be awful and if they lost Mims they would be in last place without a doubt.

Lavergne will have some skill players and may suprise some folks this yr.

Smyrna may battle for a spot depending how everything works out. with a couple of breaks here and there Smyrna could be pretty decent.

If you had read the other threads you would know Oakland is picked to win the region.  :D

Lets face it Riverdale is once again the odds on favorite to go defeated un challenged and win it all. They are still on top of the mountain challenging all comers. Metaphoricaly speaking no one else has even got out of base camp.

Smyrna does not need to be mentioned as a contender period. Most people do not expect much from them in 2005.

The battle for 4th playoff spot will be intense this yr could come down to

WC - will be most improved

LEBANON - ??? Heard they lost a ton of talent

OAKLAND - much improved?

I dont see Blackman or Siegel being much better. Blackman may be awful and if they lost Mims they would be in last place without a doubt.

Lavergne will have some skill players and may suprise some folks this yr.

Smyrna may battle for a spot depending how everything works out. with a couple of breaks here and there Smyrna could be pretty decent.

825657926[/snapback]

I think a big reason for the optimistic predictions among the Oakland community is the fact that Oakland has a very favorable region schedule. Oakland wont have to face Smyrna and Riverdale till weeks 9 and 10 respectively and will have 2 weeks to prepare against Lebanon, whom we seemed to be cursed against.

I think they are only 2 games on Oakland's schedule that would be a stretch and thats Riverdale and Franklin. But Franklin is going through a coaching change, whether that helps out Oakland enough to pull the upset, i dont know. Oakland starts their region schedule out like this: @Blackman, Siegel, Wilson Central, @LaVergne. You have to think that Oakland can do no worse than 3-1 in those first 4 games, and it wouldnt suprise me if they went 4-0 with the one against WC being the big one.

Lebanon should be down, but when you have a successful program such as Lebanon, you tend to reload, not rebuild. Anyways, Oakland can go into week 9 with a 5-0 record against a very solid Smyrna team. Oakland will have to play its best to have any chance of upsetting the Bulldogs. While it sounds like a lot has to happen, I think if OHS and RHS both go into the game unbeaten in region play, we might see a BOB that is worthy of the hype it was getting in the late 90's.

My prediction for Oakland though, 7-3, 5-2 in region 4

Well 'Cat, that was a gloomy forecast. My guesses at this point:

1st tier: Riverdale only slightly ahead of Smyrna.

Next group: Wilson Central

Next group: Oakland, Lebanon, Siegel--maybe in that order

Bringing up the rear: Lavergne, Blackman

Lavergne and Lebanon would be the most likely teams to over-achieve and take a playoff spot.

seeing that our players are actually saying they are exhausted after workouts this year....thats a good sign from the siegel camp.  Caleb Harper will do some things for Siegel and could surprise a few.  Starting out with Riverdale doesn't help though

825658064[/snapback]

Great way to break in a new home field isn't it? :D

On the up side though, at least you know you will have a crowd and will be able to see it is a crowd. Not like playing at MTSU and even when you have a big crowd, they look lost in the emptyness.

BTW, how does the new field look? Did the school board actually put in lots of dirt or did they just barely cover the rocks like they did at a couple of other fields?

I really hope they spent the money for the dirt as there is no excuse for pinching pennies and getting kids hurt for no reason.

I for one am looking forward to seeing a game there! Oakland is famous for their hotdogs, so what are y'all gonna have to whet my appitite?

Great way to break in a new home field isn't it? :D

On the up side though, at least you know you will have a crowd and will be able to see it is a crowd.  Not like playing at MTSU and even when you have a big crowd, they look lost in the emptyness.

BTW, how does the new field look?  Did the school board actually put in lots of dirt or did they just barely cover the rocks like they did at a couple of other fields?

I really hope they spent the money for the dirt as there is no excuse for pinching pennies and getting kids hurt for no reason.

I for one am looking forward to seeing a game there!  Oakland is famous for their hotdogs, so what are y'all gonna have to whet my appitite?

825658092[/snapback]

I went by Siegel the other day and the stadium is really taking shape. They had stands but no grass yet. I think all the lights were up. At any rate, it looked like there might be football there this year.

oakland is going to surprise some teams this year. say what u want, it is going to happen.

smyrna is going to continue to give rhs a long hard shove.

siegel cant win with only a handful of good players and some really bad offensive play calling.

wilson central will be playoff bound. they are solid.

lavergne has athletes but no discipline.

lebanon is going to win one or two games this year.

mimms cant carry all of blackman on his back. sad but true.

they're almost through with it...all they have left to do is finish the track and then they will sod the field and itll be complete finally....then they have the little stuff like fences, concessions, and entrances so yes we will have a home this year

Edited by Fullback49

they're almost through with it...all they have left to do is finish the track and then they will sod the field and itll be complete finally....then they have the little stuff like fences, concessions, and entrances so yes we will have a home this year

825658628[/snapback]

This is a long time coming, fullback. I know yall will be mighty proud of it, and I am glad to know that yall now have a "home" to call your own.