Powell wins in 11 innings

phs5

i dont know about them going out in the first round to campbell county. I think Powell will be the team to watch. I don't think that they will win it or even come in second, but the should have beat central twice this year, should have beat oak ridge twice and beat them once, and have hung close with everyone else except Halls who no one has hung with all year.

Nick Lakin was never getting looked at by Georgia. He has now signed with King College in Bristol. He is a petty good player, but Matt Hargis and Cory SPradlen are both probably alittle better than him.

825665360[/snapback]

That's not true. Lakin got a good look from Georgia. He was in several of their camps, and Georgia liked him as a baseball player. With the Hope scholarship in the state of Georgia, however, they sign few non-pitchers from out of state. Kids from Georgia can come to UGA with their tuition paid for. That equals over a half ride for those kids, which is about what most schools can give for a baseball scholarship with the NCAA mandated 11.2 maximum in D1.

Georgia was interested in Nick, but wanted to see him in a juco first. Nick made a good choice. King is a good NAIA program and according to the coach there, Nick will be in the lineup from day one.