What's the big deal with Lincoln County?

discj

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats strange discj, on the Lincoln County Softball schedule I do not see any results of Centennial even playing Lincoln County. Looks to me as though Lincoln has beat some very good teams and lost close games to some other good teams. I know they are one of the better teams we have played this year and they always seem to be around at the end of the tournaments they play in. Once in the semis and twice in the finals ain't too bad.

Edited by std

I have watched them play 5 games this season. Their pitcher (Owens) is one of the best in the state when she is "on", which is most of the time. Their defense is average. They hit well against average pitchers. They do not hit very well against the better pitchers, but not many teams do. With Owens, they are one of the better teams in the state. Fortunately for the rest of us in 8AAA, Owens is showing some wear & tear from, in my opinion, being overused. The last two games I saw her pitch she was not as dominating as she was earlier in the season. I do expect them to win the district tourny but I don't know if they will go much further. Remember, this is just my opinion. Everyone has the right to disagree with it.

:D

Lincoln County may be getting alot of attention this year but it is because we have worked hard this season. Owens HAS pitched alot of games this year although thanks to our work in the off season her and the rest of the team are still going strong and will continue to go strong throughout the district. I dont know how far we will make it but i know us we will continue to fight for the respect we deserve. When it comes down to the wire its all about the team that wants it the most and can dig the deepest. This year that team is Lincoln County.

no thats not true about motlow we havent played them this year.

Edited by Rosie_the_Riveter

We feel the same way. The team isn't that great. Lose the pitcher and you lose the whole team. What happens when Chelsea gets sick or hurt? We heard the coach was fed up with JV Team and didn't want them to continue playing the rest of the year. There are some good offensive and defensive players, but all you ever hear about from other teams they play is thats it's only about the pitcher. What happens when you lose your good seniors and the pitcher in a year? Isn't is supposed to be a team sport? < :D _< :D

We feel the same way. The team isn't that great. Lose the pitcher and you lose the whole team. What happens when Chelsea gets sick or hurt? We heard the coach was fed up with JV Team and didn't want them to continue playing the rest of the year. There are some good offensive and defensive players, but all you ever hear about from other teams they play is thats it's only about the pitcher. What happens when you lose your good seniors and the pitcher in a year? Isn't is supposed to be a team sport? < B) _<  :D

825664569[/snapback]

It is very much a team sport, but you have to have a pitcher to make a great team. Is Lincoln county made up of mostly seniors?

It amazing me every year when a team has success you have a few people try to tear it down.Ok i havent seen all the good teams play but best to my knowledge i havent seen a good team that didnt have a dominant pitcher. As for as Centennial beating us twice i dont remember playing them this year. We have 9 losses and 5 have come from Goodpasture and Brentwood{woudnt call either one of those teams shabby}. We have 4 seniors and Owens is a junior. Also have to agree on comment about our hitting but our defense being average is a joke. Our defense this year has been fantastic other than one game against Brentwood and one game against Coffee County. But now that i think about it keep on trying to tear us down,that only tells me we got some respect this year. Good luck to all teams as the tournaments will be beginning in a few days.

How can Lincoln County be so talked about and so highly rated with everyone putting them in the top 10 in the state when Centennial has beatin them twice with their JV pitcher?

825664289[/snapback]

in the lincoln county tourny i was totally impressed with the team's and fan's passion for the game. The fan support was phenominal, and their kids were classy. Before we went down there and played them, everyone was going who is Lincoln county? they have always been over-shawdowed by their tough district. They lost two tough games to us, but our whole team left with a new found respect for their program.

How can Lincoln County be so talked about and so highly rated with everyone putting them in the top 10 in the state when Centennial has beatin them twice with their JV pitcher?

825664289[/snapback]

dscj, you need to get your fact straight before you start criticizing a team. Centennial hasnt played Lincoln county this year...the reason they are being mentioned is that they have beaten the best team in AAA this year twice, in soddy daisy, and have played some other bery good teams very close. Their pitcher is one of the best in the state, and anyone that knows anything about softball, if you have a dominate pitcher, you always have a chance...even if you dont have much hitting.

Lincoln County deserves all the respect they are getting. They have became one of the best teams in middle tennessee softball. They all have to heart and determination to be one of the best. They lost a tough one against coffee county, but that did nothin i think but make the girls want the tournament even more and make them stronger. They have a great pitcher that works really hard. They are also hitting the ball really well. They always start hitting the ball when the tournament rolls around because these girls want it bad. They are a great team and i wish them the best of luck. My opinion they WILL win the district tournament! GO LADY FALCONS!