Loretto vs Marshall Co

baseballplaya8

You didnt think Marshall players were sad? Where were you sitting? I know I lost all the respect for Loretto players and there coach in that game. An incident where a Loretto player plowed our catcher which resulted in him being knocked out cold and gave him a concussion, anyways, while our catcher is laying on the ground a Loretto player hi fives the person who ran into him and told him good job. And while our catcher is on the ground Loretto players dont even have the decency to take their hats off and take a knee. Congratulations Loretto, I hope someone besides Lamm can step up and get you through the tourney.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this post. I wish I could of been there tonight to see it. I told Marshall fans all season this year was a down year and they would be har pressed to win. I guess I told you so.

825666477[/snapback]

You are so childish. Grow up, and get over yourself. I guess you are just a lonely person that needs to talk bad about high schoolers. Since you think so badly of Marshall County, what do you think of the rest of the district? Do you think that anyone from this district can win state?

This is for MCTigerFan01:

You said that Marshall wouldnt lose at district game at Marshall, well guess what ya did.

You said that Marshall had the best hitting in the district, well it proved it wasnt there last night especially when the last two batters strike out looking, and trust me those were strikes I was there and Lamm was painting the corners just like McKay was.

Perhaps your boys should stick to there Babe Ruth Champship oh and i hope that Joe George can cancel the orders on those rings.

*On a side note, it is never a great thing when a athelete gets hurt, but from where I was standing it look liked the throw was thrown directly into the base path and when that happens you can't necessary stop on a dime, especially when it is caught a second before the play at the plate.

Was the player from Loretto tossed out of the game? I have seen a few of these playes this year and in all cases the player who ran over the catcher was tossed. I think it happened at Page with a Fairview runner and it happened at Lewis when a Lewis player hit the Fairview catcher. If he was tossed, he is gone for a minium of 2 games according to TSSAA rules.

The Marshall County players have to start making excuses now. They can't just except the fact they lost. If they would have won they would have been telling everybody how wrong we were for saying they would lose. Now they lose and we say something and they try to make us feel bad. I am sorry for the catcher, I don't know what happened. The loretto players could have been courteous. But the guy giving him a high five was probably for scoring a run not running him over. Don't tell anyone to grow up, yall would be doing the same thing if you would have won!

You are so childish.  Grow up, and get over yourself.  I guess you are just a lonely person that needs to talk bad about high schoolers.  Since you think so badly of Marshall County, what do you think of the rest of the district?  Do you think that anyone from this district can win state?

825666613[/snapback]

I am the childish one. You can think what you want, but everything you are getting on this board was brought about by Marshall Co. fans. How am I talking bad about high schoolers, by saying they are not as talented as previous Tiger squads, that is just stating the FACTS. Marshall Co. was a poor hitting team all year and it showed last night. I like the rest of the district, I just never liked Marshall Co. and they got what was coming to them. Do I think any of the teams in this district will go to state? No I don't think so. I think they have a good shot against the 10aa schools though in regions. The West Tennessee teams are just too strong for this region.

The Marshall County players have to start making excuses now.  They can't just except the fact they lost.  If they would have won they would have been telling everybody how wrong we were for saying they would lose.  Now they lose and we say something and they try to make us feel bad.  I am sorry for the catcher, I don't know what happened.  The loretto players could have been courteous.  But the guy giving him a high five was probably for scoring a run not running him over.  Don't tell anyone to grow up, yall would be doing the same thing if you would have won!

825666740[/snapback]

exfire21, You are wrong. Even if we would have won, I would never talk bad about high school kids. I have seen alot of talent on all the teams in this division. As far as the kid that ran over the catcher, he was out. So, he would not have been giving him a high five for getting out, so that makes is kinda obvious.

My point is that there is no sense in talking bad about high schoolers. Gerry, maybe you should go back and read some of your posts because you have talked bad about high schoolers. I guess you guys are just too young or maybe it was the way you were raised. I was always taught if you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL!!

exfire21, You are wrong.  Even if we would have won, I would never talk bad about high school kids.  I have seen alot of talent on all the teams in this division.  As far as the kid that ran over the catcher, he was out.  So, he would not have been giving him a high five for getting out, so that makes is kinda obvious.

My point is that there is no sense in talking bad about high schoolers.  Gerry, maybe you should go back and read some of your posts because you have talked bad about high schoolers.  I guess you guys are just too young or maybe it was the way you were raised.  I was always taught if you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL!!

825666915[/snapback]

I was raised to believe you reap what you sow. Don't get on here proclaiming you are the best hitting team in the state and that you have 5 pitchers that could get drafted or go on to the next level. All of these comments were made by Marshall Co Fans. If you know anything about baseball, you know that the 2005 Tiger squad was not as good as years past. Plain and simple, there is no making excuses, they may be good kids, but there talents in baseball as a whole was not what you expect out of a Joe George team. I am done arguing with you.

I was wondering when was the last time the Tigers did not participate in the district tourney? and when was the last time the did make it to regions?

I believe it was first time in over 30 years having to play in a play in game and not making the tourney. I know its only the second time in 30 some years the Tigers have had a losing season. As for exfire, who was making excuses? Yes we lost, but do you actually think we were blaming the loss on our catcher getting knocked out. As for the throw being right down the base path, it doesnt matter. You cant run into a catcher. The catcher didnt slide over in front of the runner, he was in the same spot from the time the throw was made to the time he got hit. The player had no intention on sliding which was clearly seen if you were paying attention. And if you want to argue as to why the on deck hitter high fived the player then Im open to suggestions. Because like we established earlier, the guy was out and the catcher was out cold, please humor me as to why you would congratulate someone in that situation.

Thanks, MCLefty, for the info. I knew it had been a long time since Marshall had not advanced. Page and Marshall have been rivals for a long time and it certainly will be different not seeing them in the remainder of the tournament next week. I know the players and coaches will have an empty feeling as everyone else plays. While some people hate going to Lewisburg to watch the Tigers play, I actually enjoy it. The people there have always been nice to me when I visit and I like talking to the coaches and parents.

As for the Loretto player running into catcher Dustin Wilson, I hope he recovers quickly. I have seen this happen several times during the season and you would think that players would know that you are going to be ejected for two games and hurt your team. Giving someone a concussion is no cause for celebration. If you're not going to slide, you must avoid a collision with the catcher. Who was the Loretto player involved?