attitudes * not the players

mommie*4

:(:(;) I cant believe I heard and saw what I did at a recent game. Crockett Co. played in Checter Co. The same coach that acted terrible last season acted up this time and I overheard some of the parents saying he is rude, bad attitude,

and several others I can not repeat ....but also he wants respect and cooperation from his team members . I can tell you this if the schhol board would be at some of their games (apparently away games is when he is at his worst) they would remove his contract. Its an embarssment to the system, players, town, parents,

and all supporters he should practice what he preaches.

More info: Asst. coach problems. the head coach was on his cell phone after the other coach finally left. So that ending they hit/ran with no coaching except for a player on first coaching. we found that interesting that he would talk on the cellphone during a game and be standing closer to the dugout .

Edited by mommie*4

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the head coach or the assistant coach?  What happened at Chester Co?  Why did he act up again?

825665893[/snapback]

Assistant Coach. He had a problem with a call on first base while the home plate umpire had a player coming home, field umpire had player running to second so movement everywhere, the hp ump called first safe and that asst., coach called him out into the field line of third base hollaring and yelling at the ump at how could he see both plays and know what to call, he kept yelling "could you see the plate, could you see the plate ""then he kept carrying on and said to the ump well your pretty darn good if you can see both ways" in a very hateful tone and loud enough for us to hear and see from the other side. the players just hung their heads and later at the concession stand it was said( not again) by someone on their team . as if that wasnt enough../ After that ending while going to first base to coach he approached the umpire that was closer to second during that play and started complaining and he stood between both of them and we couldnt hear what was being said just arm movements by the asst. coach and the ump. shaking his head no, then the hp ump after the coach keep mouthing threw him out ..he gave him ANOTHER unsportman attitude and it was a big scene he didnt want to leave. ;)

Assistant Coach.  He had a problem with a call on first base while the home plate umpire had a player coming home, field umpire had player running to second so movement everywhere, the hp ump called first safe and that asst., coach called him out into the field line of third base hollaring and yelling at the ump at how could he see both plays and know what  to call, he kept yelling "could you see the plate, could you see the plate ""then he kept carrying on and said to the ump well your pretty darn good if you can see both ways" in a very hateful tone and loud enough for us to hear and see from the other side.  the players just hung their heads and later at the concession stand it was said( not again) by someone on their team . as if that wasnt enough../ After that ending while going to first base to coach he approached the umpire that was closer to second during that play and started complaining and he stood between both of them and we couldnt hear what was being said just arm movements by the asst. coach and the ump. shaking his head no, then the hp ump after the coach keep mouthing threw him out ..he gave him ANOTHER unsportman attitude and it was a big scene he didnt want to leave. ;)

825665913[/snapback]

sounds to me like the coach was sticking up for his players on what he thought was a bad call. i dont know who was right or wrong nor do i care, arguing with umps is part of the game. possibly it was taken to far which it often is but its part of the game people. if you dont like it dont go to the games.

Assistant Coach.  He had a problem with a call on first base while the home plate umpire had a player coming home, field umpire had player running to second so movement everywhere, the hp ump called first safe and that asst., coach called him out into the field line of third base hollaring and yelling at the ump at how could he see both plays and know what  to call, he kept yelling "could you see the plate, could you see the plate ""then he kept carrying on and said to the ump well your pretty darn good if you can see both ways" in a very hateful tone and loud enough for us to hear and see from the other side.  the players just hung their heads and later at the concession stand it was said( not again) by someone on their team . as if that wasnt enough../ After that ending while going to first base to coach he approached the umpire that was closer to second during that play and started complaining and he stood between both of them and we couldnt hear what was being said just arm movements by the asst. coach and the ump. shaking his head no, then the hp ump after the coach keep mouthing threw him out ..he gave him ANOTHER unsportman attitude and it was a big scene he didnt want to leave. :(

825665913[/snapback]

I've seen worse at T-Ball games.... :unsure:

sounds to me like the coach was sticking up for his players on what he thought was a bad call. i dont know who was right or wrong nor do i care, arguing with umps is part of the game. possibly it was taken to far which it often is but its part of the game people. if you dont like it dont go to the games.

825666492[/snapback]

Arguing a play is one thing. Making a seen is quite another. For his efforts this coach gets to sit out at least one game I believe and pay a fine to the TSSAA for getting tossed from a game. Not to mention his team probably didn't have a close call go their way the rest of the game. :unsure:

Edited by Vultor

:(  :D  :unsure:  I cant believe I heard  and saw what I did at a recent game.  Crockett Co.  played in Checter Co. The same coach that acted terrible last season acted up this time and I overheard some of the parents saying he is rude, bad attitude,

and several others I can not repeat ....but also he wants respect and cooperation from his team members .  I can tell you this if the schhol board would be at some of their games (apparently away games is when he is at his worst) they would remove his contract.  Its an embarssment to the system, players, town, parents,

and all supporters he should practice what he preaches.

More info:  Asst. coach problems.  the head coach was on his cell phone after the other coach finally left.  So that ending they hit/ran with no coaching except for a player on first coaching. we found that interesting that he would talk on the cellphone during a game and be standing closer to the dugout .

825665839[/snapback]

I am a Pounder in Hamilton County and I am so sick of coaches taking advantage of players and parents. Some of them think that they have power that they do not have and they try to intimidate you by telling you to leave or stuff like that. There is no excuse for a coach to act the way that you are talking about. If you have a child going to that school makes sure that he/she stays away from him because coaches like that only bring out the worst in a player. In high school we are not only out there to have fun, we are, but more importantly we want to win. A coach cannot forget that it is a game.

Edited by Owl Hater

I didn't pay much attention to the previous posts except for they talked about the Crockett Co. coaches. I have seen these guys at several games and they both act horrible and they're constantly arguin calls or crying about something. They let their players do anything they want, for example: throwing helmets, bats, gloves, kicking stuff around. Their actions reflect upon their players.

I didn't pay much attention to the previous posts except for they talked about the Crockett Co. coaches.  I have seen these guys at several games and they both act horrible and they're constantly arguin calls or crying about something.  They let their players do anything they want, for example:  throwing helmets, bats, gloves, kicking stuff around.  Their actions reflect upon their players.

825666618[/snapback]

Wonder how they acted yesterday when the OCCHS Rebs kicked their butt 5-0?

Wonder how they acted yesterday when the OCCHS Rebs kicked their butt 5-0?

825666620[/snapback]

I was at the game and did not see the cc coaches act up in any way, but they should have, their starting pitcher has got to have the worst attitude of any player I have seen all year long throwing his helment after he has made an out shaking off pitches from the catcher