District 9AAA Tournament

timbdp

ya we did loose 4-1 today and yes we had an own goal for us,  but what you guys who didnt go to the game didnt see was that only about 1 of their goals was acutally a good shot.  The other 3 where fluke goals.  I think that when we play again in regionals it will be a different game.  I dont know who will come out on top but it will be another good game.  We hung in there with them for the entire game.  We never quit and never stopped running and i am proud of MJ.  I dont think we will be put out in the first round of regionals we will go on farther this year.  Everyone who still doubts us will see that we are going to go farther then you think.  So congrats to H'ville it was a good game, and i look forward to playing you in the regional finals...

825671383[/snapback]

well if rossview wins tommorow..u'll have to get through them first before u get to h'ville thumb

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we will have to and i have confidence that we will give them a hard game. It wont be an easy win for either team. I have utmost confidence in my team and i know that we will never give up no matter what and push hard and pull through. I know that when i walk off a game my head doesnt hang low because i know i gave it my all and i know that Mj's whole team is that way. We never give up and i think everyone can agree with that.

I know we will have to and i have confidence that we will give them a hard game.  It wont be an easy win for either team.  I have utmost confidence in my team and i know that we will never give up no matter what and push hard and pull through.  I know that when i walk off a game my head doesnt hang low because i know i gave it my all and i know that Mj's whole team is that way.  We never give up and i think everyone can agree with that.

825671409[/snapback]

then what happened with ya'll against them last tuesday?

then what happened with ya'll against them last tuesday?

825672108[/snapback]

Not trying to be smart, soccerdude, but you know that sometimes teams just don't perform as well as they should. That's what happened with us. Now, there's no excuse for us not living up to our potential, but I think what my friend is saying is that we work hard, and play with heart. Sometimes it just doesn't come out like you want it to, though. That's what happened. It will be a different game in regions if we meet them there.

I have watched most all Mt Juliets games and have noticed some interesting things. As far as going through Rossview to get to Hendersonville, that will be extremely hard seeing how I think Rossview is a better team than Hendersonville. Obviously they do not have the few outstanding individual players Hendersonville has but as a whole they play much better as a team. They spread the field and move the ball better than any team I have seen this year. They just have a problem finishing. As far as Mt Juliet, all you can say is they play with heart. In their Rossview game they made a major defensive mistake resulting in a chip shot goal. (keeper came out to challege lone player with ball, player saw him coming out stopped and chipped it over his head into goal, no defense around player). Mt Juliet then lost their heart and two more quick goals accurred. Got it back together and finished strong. A three minute let up 3/4 into the game cost them the game. Hendersonville game was much different. Three of Hendersonvilles goals were flucks. I was actually a boring game with neither team showing their best stuff.

If Rossview is on, nobody can beat them but if they are a little bit off, Mt Juliet is a team that is definitely capable of putting them away.

I have watched most all Mt Juliets games and have noticed some interesting things.  As far as going through Rossview to get to Hendersonville, that will be extremely hard seeing how I think Rossview is a better team than Hendersonville.  Obviously they do not have the few outstanding individual players Hendersonville has but as a whole they play much better as a team.  They spread the field and move the ball better than any team I have seen this year.  They just have a problem finishing.  As far as Mt Juliet, all you can say is they play with heart.  In their Rossview game they made a major defensive mistake resulting in a chip shot goal. (keeper came out to challege lone player with ball, player saw him coming out stopped and chipped it over his head into goal, no defense around player).  Mt Juliet then lost their heart and two more quick goals accurred.  Got it back together and finished strong.  A three minute let up 3/4 into the game cost them the game.  Hendersonville game was much different.  Three of Hendersonvilles goals were flucks.  I was actually a boring game with neither team showing their best stuff.

If Rossview is on, nobody can beat them but if they are a little bit off, Mt Juliet is a team that is definitely capable of putting them away.

825673558[/snapback]

I hope your kidding about Rossview being better then HHS, they may be good , but hhs is better, and there way better then mt juliet. .Mt.juliet will get beat by rossview, it will be hhs and rossview in the region finals with hhs winning.

What is your definition of fluke?  The Mt. Juliet goal was a fluke since the other team put it in for them.  All of the so called Hendersonville goals were at least kicked in with their own feet.  Maybe you mean fluke because your defense has some holes in it and Hendersonville found them for easy scores.

825673608[/snapback]

I define a fluke as an individual slipping, falling or making a bonehead play (by jumping in front of their own player) to individually cause a goal that otherwise wouldn't have happened. How do you defined it? Seems like a perfect throw into the mouth of the goal or a perfectly placed corner kick that is headed in is defined as a fluke on here. That would mean the majority of goals I have seen this year are flukes includiing the one MJ scored on Hendersonville.

I hope your kidding about Rossview being better then HHS, they may be good , but hhs is better, and there way better then mt juliet. .Mt.juliet will get beat by rossview, it will be hhs and rossview in the region  finals with hhs winning.

825673699[/snapback]

So I am to understand you have played against all three teams or at a minimum have watched all three teams play each other? If so, I stand corrected. Otherwise, continue to provide me with useless finger knowledge.

who are u mjdad..it seems like u know alot about rossview..do u play or watch?..but anyways..hopefully rossview can make it to region finals...thatd be tight..theyve come a pretty longs way this year..hopefully they can make it farther thumb

825673760[/snapback]

I just watch and try to observe. Lots of good individual players out there, and they can definety win games by scoring individual goals, but good team work can win games also. MJ does not have the great individuals but they have no holes when the starters are healthy. They can only win as a team. Rossview has at least two great players and are obviously coached well. MJ is self coached. Their coach is a volleyball player (no soccer experience) who agreed to coach the team only because they otherwise would not have had a team.