District 9AAA Tournament

timbdp

I define a fluke as an individual slipping, falling or making a bonehead play (by jumping in front of their own player) to individually cause a goal that otherwise wouldn't have happened.  How do you defined it?  Seems like a perfect throw into the mouth of the goal or a perfectly placed corner kick that is headed in is defined as a fluke on here.  That would mean the majority of goals I have seen this year are flukes includiing the one MJ scored on Hendersonville.

825673973[/snapback]

I agree on falling but players running into each other or not in the right position or slipping doesn't constitute a fluke. Maybe players slipping (non-weather) related because the offensive player just beat them (that is not a fluke). If your players are making "boneheaded" plays than they are not well coached. I guess if your on the losing end then most of the goals against you are flukes and when your on the winning end they are not.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on falling but players running into each other or not in the right position or slipping doesn't constitute a fluke.  Maybe players slipping (non-weather) related because the offensive player just beat them (that is not a fluke).  If your players are making "boneheaded" plays than they are not well coached.  I guess if your on the losing end then most of the goals against you are flukes and when your on the winning end they are not.

825674023[/snapback]

I can't argue too much with that logic! but come on, if you make a move to the ball and slip and fall and a guy scores because of it, that has to be a fluke. If he fakes you and you slip and fall, I agree, that is a good play and not a fluke. As far as coaching, MJ is hurting and it has cost them. But they have done pretty well considering their coach was fired right before the season started.

I just watch and try to observe.  Lots of good individual players out there, and they can definety win games by scoring individual goals, but good team work can win games also.  MJ does not have the great individuals but they have no holes when the starters are healthy.  They can only win as a team.  Rossview has at least two great players and are obviously coached well.  MJ is self coached.  Their coach is a volleyball player (no soccer experience) who agreed to coach the team only because they otherwise would not have had a team.

825673984[/snapback]

i object to the fact that rossview only has two great players..yes they have great plyers but u cant single two players from that team, their team as a whole is what makes them work well in games and come out with victories..so u cant say our temas basically made up of two key players cuz thats not true thumb

i object to the fact that rossview only has two great players..yes they have great plyers but u cant single two players from that team, their team as a whole is what makes them work well in games and come out with victories..so u cant say our temas basically made up of two key players cuz thats not true thumb

825674121[/snapback]

I was refering to top players in the state as great. I must agree that they are all good. They are definitely a team to watch! (or watch out for)

What is your definition of fluke?  The Mt. Juliet goal was a fluke since the other team put it in for them.  All of the so called Hendersonville goals were at least kicked in with their own feet.  Maybe you mean fluke because your defense has some holes in it and Hendersonville found them for easy scores.

825673608[/snapback]

Two of Hendersonville's goals were touched by our keeper and then bounced in, and by touched I mean half smacked; the ball just didn't graze his fingertips. They had one good shot (their first or second goal, I believe) that bent to the left of our keeper but was actually within reach, and the other goal was a defensive mistake that left room for a volley into the top of the net that. Our keepr should have come out, but it was still a saveable shot anyway. There were really only two true flukes in that game, the other two were mistakes on our part, which gives Hendersonville credit for captitalizing on them.