10 AA Tourney @ Mont Cent

War Eagles

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore beat Waverly by a score of 6-1, with Josh Knight pickin up the victory and Jacob Forbes came in the 7th for relief. Sycamore started off really slow and seemed up tight, but at the end started to play like they should have the whole game. Monday against Harpeth they have to start off strong and play like they know how, the only thing right now is slumping for them is the bats, the pitchin is good and the defense is doin a real good job for them all they need is to get the bats goin.

would just like to say congratulations to Sycamore on a big win. One thing is for sure though, Waverly did give them a battle. If it had not been for the errors in the big 5 run inning, this is a 1-1 game. But would like to say that during the year the Sycamore team was given the rap for having unsportsmanlike fans and players. I personally have noted that the fans were just like any one elses fans and their players were the classiest I've seen this year. Thanks guys for making this a good team to play without all the trash that goes on in a lot of games. Also, don't give up on Waverly, we may be back to see you. thumb

:lol: Well.......my deep pitching post doesn't really apply when the teams get 2 days rest in the middle of the tournament. What's up with that? I guess it's a TSSAA thing as it looks like everyone is doing it. It doesn't make any sense to me to not play on the weekends when the gates would be bigger and the parents could all make it for the games. It also doesn't expose a team that has thin pitching with 2 days of rest in the middle. They should play straight through, Sundays included. Every post season tournament I've ever seen runs their brackets that way.

;)  Well.......my deep pitching post doesn't really apply when the teams get 2 days rest in the middle of the tournament.  What's up with that?  I guess it's a TSSAA thing as it looks like everyone is doing it.  It doesn't make any sense to me to not play on the weekends when the gates would be bigger and the parents could all make it for the games.  It also doesn't expose a team that has thin pitching with 2 days of rest in the middle.  They should play straight through, Sundays included.  Every post season tournament I've ever seen runs their brackets that way.

825668273[/snapback]

Have they already played the play-in games and the 1st round of the tourney, then took a day break? I have never seen that done and they didn't do it that way back when I was playing in that district (2001). Must be something new. I know district 9aa plays their play-in games on Thursday and start the double elimination part on Monday and it runs till Thursday.

:lol:  Well.......my deep pitching post doesn't really apply when the teams get 2 days rest in the middle of the tournament.  What's up with that?  I guess it's a TSSAA thing as it looks like everyone is doing it.  It doesn't make any sense to me to not play on the weekends when the gates would be bigger and the parents could all make it for the games.  It also doesn't expose a team that has thin pitching with 2 days of rest in the middle.  They should play straight through, Sundays included.  Every post season tournament I've ever seen runs their brackets that way.

825668273[/snapback]

TSSAA doesn't set the schedule, they only indicate when the District must be finished (13 May 05). Dates are normally determined by the coaches within that District. All Region tournments must be completed by 20 May.