12u teams at state info

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wings have the same girls as last year when they played the Trotters plus they have added 3 quality players. The Glory are a quality team, they beat the Wings by one point in the west tournament. There are going to be some good 12 year old teams this year at the state.

Has the 12 year old bracket with times and locations come out yet? If so please give us a link.

:lol: Hello I was wanting to know if anyone had any stats and specifics on

some of the 12u girls teams going to state......namely

Memphis Glory

Tn Express

Cookeville Crushers

Tn Wings

Tn Lady Tigers

thanks for any info ahead of time

Alan

825666944[/snapback]

Hey trottercoach i don't think you'll have alot to worry about with the team you have if your team will play to their potential. You have an awesome center and strong post and great guards just put it on the line and go with it. I coached for years and now i enjoy siting back and watching all the talent and following their careers. You got a team that would make any coach proud. Utilize your strongest players and play hard ball. If i'm not mistaking your team won YBOA nationals last year step up and take AAu nationals this year. If by some unforeseen mishap if you don't qualify for AAU i'd suggest to go back to YBOA and let the girls defend their title. AAU division II competition is very comparable to YBOA. Good Luck Trottercoach.

Hey trottercoach i don't think you'll have alot to worry about with the team you have if your team will play to their potential.  You have an awesome center and strong post and great guards just put it on the line and go with it.  I coached for years and now i enjoy siting back and watching all the talent and following their careers.  You got a team that would make any coach proud.    Utilize your strongest players and play hard ball.  If i'm not mistaking your team won YBOA nationals last year step up and take AAu nationals this year.  If by some unforeseen mishap if you don't qualify for AAU i'd suggest to go back to YBOA and let the girls defend their title.  AAU division II competition is very comparable to YBOA.  Good Luck Trottercoach.

825668555[/snapback]

bballmomma, thanks so much for your insight and participation on this board

my girls are a good bunch of very grounded kids that is a joy to work with.

YBOA was a great experience for them but the competition is so much deeper in AAU. and being new at the helm i'm learning right along with the girls............

and lovin it!

The Wings have the same girls as last year when they played the Trotters plus they have added 3 quality players.  The Glory are a quality team, they beat the Wings by one point in the west tournament.  There are going to be some good 12 year old teams this year at the state. 

Has the 12 year old bracket with times and locations come out yet?  If so please give us a link.

825667134[/snapback]

12u brackets are pool A (1)kgc lady(2)tn. wings(3)tn. lady tigers(4)tn. top guns

schedule

1v2 (M) Motlow Fri. 4:30

3v4 (M) 5:45

1v3 (SH) Shelby Central High Sat. 9:00 a.m.

2v4 (SH) 10:45 a.m.

2v3 (M) 4:00

4v1 (M) 5:45

pool B (1)memphis glory(2)tn. express(3)lady trotters(4)cookeville crushers

1v2 (SH) Fri. 4:30

3v4 (SH) 5:45

1v3 (M) Sat. 9:00 a.m.

2v4 (M) 10:45 a.m.

2v3 (SH) 4:00

4v1 (SH) 5:45

brackets

#1Av#2B sun.9:30 (M)

#1Bv#2B 9:30 (SH)

winners play for 1st and 2nd 1:00 (M).........losers play for 3rd and 4th 1:00((SCH)

There is no doubt in my mind that the Trotters will advance out of their pool. Their pool is definitely the easier of the two. The only question will be whether they will advance as the #1 or #2 seed out of Pool B. The Express, who rely on only one player, and the Crushers, who are probably the worst outside shooting team in the tournament, shouldn't pose much of a threat to the Glory or Trotters. The games to watch on the weekend of the 20th will be the Pool A games. The 4 teams in this pool could all represent Tennessee well at Nationals. 3 of them will, or should, make it to Nationals (whoever finishes 3rd out of this pool should beat whoever finishes 3rd out of the other pool). The games in this pool will be close and should be very exciting. All 4 teams have the capability of putting up big numbers, and I know at least 3 out of the 4 are probably the 3 toughest teams defensively in the State (the Wings being the exception here). All in all, it should be a great State Tournament. Don't worry trottercoach, you won't be heading to Florida this year, instead, you'll be spending your 4th of July in Texas.

Edited by ptguard12

Express have one exceptional player but also have a solid post and a good three point shooter, don't just focus on the main player because the others can play too.

Tigers are solid as usual. Didn't see a lot of depth, but their top players are good.

The Crushers are solid and can play the full court pressure well.

Not seen the wings team but have seen a couple of their players at various camps,

if the rest of the team is as good as the girls I've seen, then they are good.

Haven't seen the Memphis team(s) but they're always good.

Haven't seen the KGC this year but would imagine they are still top notch.

Good Luck.

B)

Express have one exceptional player but also have a solid post and a good three point shooter, don't just focus on the main player because the others can play too.

Tigers are solid as usual. Didn't see a lot of depth, but their top players are good.

The Crushers are solid and can play the full court pressure well.

Not seen the wings team but have seen a couple of their players at various camps,

if the rest of the team is as good as the girls I've seen, then they are good.

Haven't seen the Memphis team(s) but they're always good.

Haven't seen the KGC this year but would imagine they are still top notch.

Good Luck.

;)

825671640[/snapback]

First of all its an honor to win the opportunity to advance to state. So all of these teams should be proud of their accomplishments. I know most teams so I thought I would help you out with a little insight into the teams that you didn't know anything about.

THOUGHT I WOULD HELP YOU OUT:

The Wings have good shooters (when their shot is on). You must respect the outside, because they will rip you if you don't.

The KGC team is solid and actually my pick to win the state. Don't see too many areas that this team is lacking.

Saw the Glory (Memphis team) and they are too overmatched on the guard spots. Their guards are too short so it will be tough to get a shot off, but they can pass fairly well. Their big people seem to get either in foul trouble easily and/or don't play tall (even though they are fairly tall). They may advance though, because they are in the weaker pool. I suspect they will finish 3rd behind the Trotters and Crushers though. thumb

Yes ptguard12 there is a chance of the the Trotters will win but will they or could they defend the Cookeville Crushers? They can stand a full court or half court press! I Havent yet seen the Trotters but i know that this will be the game to watch! thumb

There is no doubt in my mind that the Trotters will advance out of their pool.  Their pool is definitely the easier of the two.  The only question will be whether they will advance as the #1 or #2 seed out of Pool B.  The Express, who rely on only one player, and the Crushers, who are probably the worst outside shooting team in the tournament, shouldn't pose much of a threat to the Glory or Trotters.  The games to watch on the weekend of the 20th will be the Pool A games.  The 4 teams in this pool could all represent Tennessee well at Nationals.  3 of them will, or should, make it to Nationals (whoever finishes 3rd out of this pool should beat whoever finishes 3rd out of Pool :).  The games in this pool will be close and should be very exciting.  All 4 teams have the capability of putting up big numbers, and I know at least 3 out of the 4 are probably the 3 toughest teams defensively in the State (the Wings being the exception here).  All in all, it should be a great State Tournament.  Don't worry trottercoach, you won't be heading to Florida this year, instead, you'll be spending your 4th of July in Texas.

825669227[/snapback]