PTSportsWriter

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game update

Morristown East 5, Greeneville 1  -- not sure what inning

825669882[/snapback]

I heard East won 6-3. Venerable did not even play and Basile hit another homerun which makes 4 or 5 for the tournament? Jeff needs to jump all over East tomorrow and win the first game. Leave no doubt going into the regionals. East obviously has some talent and is much better than their non conference record

indicates. Not sure they have enough depth at pitcher. Jeff needs to win to play the number two seed which should be Science Hill? Crouch, Long, Bowlin etc should have big day tomorrow with the aluminum.

Long IMO is the much more rounded, more polished player.  If not for a shoulder injury in the 8th (?) grade, he might be the ace of the pitching staff.

He had an extraordinary sophmore year, setting a bar that was hard to get to his junior year.  The games I have seen him play this year, he really appears to have gotten back the stroke he had his sophomore year, plus the added years of experience in the field are really showing.

This is nothing against Bowlin and Depew, who are remarkable players also, but if I was starting a team tomorrow, I would begin with Derek.

What is remarkable for those who remember, these three played together on a traveling team when they were 12.

Good Luck to all three as they continue their careers at the next level.  Is there any idea where Depew is going?

825669736[/snapback]

Jack has about 10 or so schools chasing him.

I hear Carson Newman has been asking about him. Milligan Head Coach (and former Morristown West HC) Danny Clark has been to see him a few times.

I'm not sure of the individual offers or schools; but according to his coach Depew visited several schools in the fall.

Although his plans are to attend ETSU in the fall.

Science Hill beat Sull South to advance. DB and SH are the two qualifiers in District 1, they are at the same point in their tourney as the IMAC is. However, they only play one game tonight, so if SH wins, it would go to a 2nd game Thursday night.

Any idea who East will pitch at 5pm? I am not sure who they have left, or if they have used their Friday or Saturday starter a 2nd time yet.

JC has multiple choices here. Ausmus, Jenkins, Storey, Bowlin?

IMO, I would try to do it without Storey. I am not sure what his pitch count was Saturday, but it had to be fairly high...West had quite a few baserunners.

Go Patriots!

Science Hill beat Sull South to advance.  DB and SH are the two qualifiers in District 1, they are at the same point in their tourney as the IMAC is.  However, they only play one game tonight, so if SH wins, it would go to a 2nd game Thursday night.

Any idea who East will pitch at 5pm?  I am not sure who they have left, or if they have used their Friday or Saturday starter a 2nd time yet.

JC has multiple choices here.  Ausmus, Jenkins, Storey, Bowlin?

IMO, I would try to do it without Storey.  I am not sure what his pitch count was Saturday, but it had to be fairly high...West had quite a few baserunners.

Go Patriots!

825670442[/snapback]

Marty (Derek Marshall) pitched Friday and pitched last night for East. He's pretty much their ace I understand.

I hope you are not saying the coaches have already picked the coach of the year,POTY and all conference team before the tournament is  over?

If so what a joke!

825668657[/snapback]

Coach of the year should be the coach that wins the district. Player of the year should be the player who leads his team to win the district, plain and simple. So far it looks like Jeff County will win both and place the most players on the all conference team. The problem is most of the coaches have already "gone home" and so won't have any idea. That may be why they vote before the district ends, but I agree Scout that is not fair or the intention of the awards. Let's hope they vote at the END and the other coaches should be required to attend.

He is only a sophmore and a great basketball player too. He has all the tools great size,speed, jump and instinct for the ball in the outfield. Has great hand speed and power to the opposite field. Hits the curve ball as well as the fast ball equally well. If he keeps this up he will not have to

play in the ACC or SEC, but may end up being a top draft choice out of high school.

Don't forget Dallas Crouch who has all of the same skills and is a junior.

Hopefully he will follow Drew to UT. Did anyone see Dallas's awesome throw to gun down Venerable at homeplate last night? He needs to forget football and focus on baseball.

825669309[/snapback]

I hope UT has the sense to try and sign both of these kids. I hate to see the Vol's no matter what the sport , allow great local athletes sign with the likes of Alabama, Georgia Tech, etc. Hopefully Bowlin will show them why in the coming years. How early can they sign a letter of intent? UT needs to jump on Crouch now and Basile next year if the junior year is it? Still cant believe they let Long and Depew slip by.

Edited by JKennedy250

Marty (Derek Marshall) pitched Friday and pitched last night for East. He's pretty much their ace I understand.

825670450[/snapback]

That may be why Morristown East record is not as good as you would expect (lack of pitching). They may have let it all hang out last night with Marshall. Jeff County with their big bats will surely take advantage of any weakness in the pitching category, especially fast ball pitchers they can tee off on! Tonight should be a quick and easy "one" for Jeff County. When do the regionals start? Friday? and where?

That may be why Morristown East record is not as good as you would expect (lack of pitching). They may have let it all hang out last night with Marshall. Jeff County with their big bats will surely take advantage of any weakness in the pitching category, especially fast ball pitchers they can tee off on! Tonight should be a quick and easy "one" for Jeff County. When do the regionals start? Friday? and where?

825670612[/snapback]

Monday @ 5 PM

The District 2 winner hosts the District 1 Runner Up

The District 2 Runner Up travels to the District 1 Champion

825670612[/snapback]

Marshall pitched a great game last night. East should be loose as they have nothing to lose. No one ever expected them to make it this far. They can afford to enjoy the game or games and all the pressure should be on the Patriots.

Everyone expects the Patriots to win the state this year and rightly so as they are absolutely loaded with pitchers and hitters. I am sure East players are honored just to play on the same field as these guys (maybe one of the best high school teams ever).

Hat's off to the Morristown East players for making it this far. No matter what they do the rest of the season, they have succeeded beyond expectation. They have had to deal with alot of adversity ( I am sure the fans know what I am talking about :D, especially the loss of two of the best players in sophmores Josh Morgan and Brad Ramsey for the season. We can only imagine what they could have done with Rines there at the helm?

Edited by BlMed