Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Nichols pitched 3 & 1/3 innings against Karns. Today, he pitched 6 & 1/3.

As far as the effect, if Halls wins the protest they are still undefeated in the tournament. Also, Oak Ridge's season will be over. I myself think this is kind of low, maybe it would be worth it if Oak Ridge had no losses or there was another team in this tournament that could threaten Halls. As it is, Halls will play Clinton then Karns.

It would stink to see our season end like this.

Jason Nichols pitched 3 & 1/3 innings against Karns. Today, he pitched 6 & 1/3.

As far as the effect, if Halls wins the protest they are still undefeated in the tournament. Also, Oak Ridge's season will be over. I myself think this is kind of low, maybe it would be worth it if Oak Ridge had no losses or there was another team in this tournament that could threaten Halls. As it is, Halls will play Clinton then Karns.

It would stink to see our season end like this.

825667712[/snapback]

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/baseball.pdf

It is Innings PITCHED In, not INNINGS Pitched

If a player pitched at all in any inning, the inning shall count as one inning pitched.

So how many actual innings did Jason Nichols pitch in??

CardianlCat,

I dont believe it is low of Coach Polston....It is stupid of Coach Froning..if the ruel stands, and protest works...I hate anyones season to end like this, but Coach Polston is doing the best thing for his team..all it would take for them if he didnt do this would one slip up and there hopes are diminished

I believe I know what what innings pitched means. In highschool there are no thirds of innings. If you throw one pitch in an inning you are charged with one inning pitched. If he pitched in four innings one game and seven the next he would be over his limit.

I believe I know what what innings pitched means.  In highschool there are no thirds of innings.  If you throw one pitch in an inning you are charged with one inning pitched.  If he pitched in four innings one game and seven the next he would be over his limit.

825667758[/snapback]

I wasn't saying anyone was wrong. I was just clarifying and including the rule ;)

TSSAA website directly states, and i quote, "If a player pitched at all in any inning, the inning shall count as one full inning pitched." Therefore, Nichols's "3 1/3" innings yesterday equal 4 innings, and his "6 1/3" today equal 7, for a total of 11 illegal innings. The same rule also states at the bottom in bold-faced font that the rule shall apply "IN ALL REGULAR SEASON PLAY AND ALL TOURNAMENTS."

Rules are rules, Oak Ridge should lose by forfeiture.