Music City Tournament

Redtwin

Music City Lacrosse is hosting a tournament the weekend of May 21 and 22. Should be some good games that could be fun to watch. Music City won the SELL last year in our first season back. We also defeated Dewalt/Laxworld to take the Tampa tournament and finished 3rd in Chicago to a very average Cincinatti team. Everybody's back for Music City so hopefully we can keep it going. Apparently some guys from Memphis got together and decided to form a team and call it the Flying Elvises but Elvis is dead so no worries :lol:

Here is the schedule:

12:00pm – Memphis vs. Birmingham

Music City vs. Louisville

1:30pm - Music City vs. Southern Empire

Memphis vs. Asheville

3:00pm – Louisville vs. Southern Empire

- Asheville vs. Birmingham

Sunday

10:00am – Ashville vs. Southern Empire

- Music City vs. Birmingham

11:30am – Memphis vs. Southern Empire

- Asheville vs. Louisville

1:00pm - Music City vs. Memphis

- Louisville vs. Birmingham

It hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it looks like we will be playing at USN’s fields.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redtwin,

Which of those teams are good/bad/etc?

825669545[/snapback]

Southeast Empire has traditionally been the team to beat but recently have lost players to Buckhead LC but they might have merged so who knows. Birmingham and Louisville are both pretty average. I don't know much about Asheville. We played them in Birmingham last year but they only brought around 14 guys so you couldn't tell. I think the best two teams are in state. There's a tournament party at either Dan McGuinesses or On the Rocks so we'll see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

The tourney this weekend went really well. Music City had a very good turnout in terms of numbers of players, and we won all of our games. We beat Birmingham and Louisville pretty handily. We beat Southern Empire by a handful, and we capped off the weekend with a 12-3 victory over the Flying Elvises. Great weather both days, and lots of good lax. Music City played well as a whole. Highlights for Nashville were Coery in goal, good team d, Kenny/Clapp/Clint at the faceoff x, and some impressive offense by Spears, Clint, Nate and several others. Matt McIntosh also made his first tournament since graduating high school. The party Friday night was also a blast. Thanks to Jenner, Spears, and Clapp for getting everything together. Hopefully, we can get some more games lined up this summer.

Edited by Redtwin

Now wonder at the result then... I kid Ron, I kid.

But seriously, Ron''s so old now I'm surprised his creaking bones can still hobble all the way around the arc without tweaking a tendon or something.

Oh, did I mention, Ron I'll be seeing you in Summer League.