DISTRICT 5AAA: The Best it's Ever Been!

RadioJet06

I assure you he is the only one with a big head.  We lost to Red Bank with maybe the best team in the state...the girls respect them and will be ready to play!

825674032[/snapback]

I have a real problem with being the only BIG HEAD!! I understand that the team itself shouldn't get cocky, but as fans why shouldn't we be extremely confident about our team's abilities???

Lady Jets Crush the LAdy Lions 5-1 :lol: -------MY PREDICTION

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen: I have been oficially humbled Lady Jets lose 1-0, Just couldn't put the bat on the ball! Take it easy on me guys(PLEASE) :rolleyes:

825675024[/snapback]

jet...nothing to be ashamed of losing 1-0 to Red Bank...everyone knew you had the pitching to compete...but its a different level hitting the ball against chattanooga pitching than the league your team is used to seeing day in, and day out.

jet...nothing to be ashamed of losing 1-0 to Red Bank...everyone knew you had the pitching to compete...but its a different level hitting the ball against chattanooga pitching than the league your team is used to seeing day in, and day out.

825675152[/snapback]

agreed...troglin had a great game with 13 ks...red bank hit well too but the jets made some great defensive plays

red bank came out for blood, that's all there is to it

I seem to recall Cumberland finishing second in the state not too long ago out of that "terrible" district, didn't seem to hurt them too much. They played 1-0 against a Red Bank team that's playing great ball at the right time, no shame in it. As for future seasons, I think Walker Valley will be hard to keep out of 1 of the top 2 spots every season.

Dear Bledsoe:

Your post irked me to no end. You decided to jump right in there, which was just a bad as Radio's post.

Do not make me start making comments about BCHS's team. You saying Cumberland can't hang with Chatt team's? Well, Cumb. beat your team 15-0, and that was only because of the mercy rules. We have had the same sucess (or lack thereof) against Nashville teams. Chatt. does not rule TN softball anymore (exception Soddy and Baylor).

Radio is obviously a young fan and new to this message board. He/She wanted to show some pride (albeit a little too zealously). Good for them. You on the other hand wanted to beat him/her down. Shame.

By the way, you kept on about Cleveland and how weak they were and how your team beat them earlier in the season (key word earlier). Cleveland was defeated by the best team in the state (Soddy) on Monday. Final score 3-0. Could BCHS even dream of keep the score to that against Soddy? I guess I won't have the chance to say "told you so" in your post season.

Now, doesn't that sound petty? Made me embarrased to post it.

Listen y'all. Couple of lessons here.

1. Don't brag about your team until you have something to brag about. Even then, show some class and respect for the other teams. You will be much happier in the end.

2. Don't slam someone else unless you are ready to get slammed.

3. Regular season records against teams doesn't mean much, especially when talking about pool games in tournaments when a team could be throwing their 3rd or 4th pitcher and a JV line-up. They are weak predictors to future success.

4. You cannot argue absolutes in TN High School Softball. There is no sure thing when dealing with young players.

Indian... as usual you are correct. District 5-AAA overall this year was a little down, and only a couple times in recent history have they been considered powerful. But being in this district has not stopped Cumb. from being competitive. This year, well, Cumb. overall offense was weaker than what it would take to get past the first round of regions. Cumb. defence and pitching was soild, and the coaching great, which is why they can at least hang with anyone. This year, they had a lot of 1-0 losses against very good teams. Red Bank had 2 good hits put together in the first inning, which is why they won (what is that thing about timely hitting and defense.......). Cumb. had 2 more baseruners than Red Bank, primarily due to a couple of errors. But RB also played well and deserved to advance. I wish them the best of success. RB also won with class, and their parents were good sports. And yes, Walker Valley is for real. They not only beat us, but a lot of other good teams.

Last year's Cumb. team was dynamite. Beat Beech the only time they saw them 4-1. Same with Goodpasture (2 of last year's state champs right?) including lighting up Ms. Perroni, a great pitcher... NOT from Chatt. Split with David Lipscomb and the magnificent Megan Rhodes. Someting like a 38-6 record with half of those during a prom weekend. All of this with a bullseye due to the previous year's success. However, they played one bad game and got put out early. Such is softball.

Good luck to Red Bank tonight. Even better wishes to both Region 3AAA teams in the sectionals. Go represent!

Edited by deadeye

Dear Bledsoe: 

Your post irked me to no end.  You decided to jump right in there, which was just a bad as Radio's post.

Do not make me start making comments about BCHS's team.  You saying Cumberland can't hang with Chatt team's?  Well, Cumb. beat your team 15-0, and that was only because of the mercy rules.  We have had the same sucess (or lack thereof) against Nashville teams.  Chatt. does not rule TN softball anymore (exception Soddy and Baylor).

Radio is obviously a young fan and new to this message board.  He/She wanted to show some pride (albeit a little too zealously).  Good for them.  You on the other hand wanted to beat him/her down.  Shame.

By the way, you kept on about Cleveland and how weak they were and how your team beat them earlier in the season (key word earlier).  Cleveland was defeated by the best team in the state (Soddy) on Monday.  Final score 3-0.  Could BCHS even dream of keep the score to that against Soddy?  I guess I won't have the chance to say "told you so" in your post season.

Now, doesn't that sound petty?  Made me embarrased to post it.

Listen y'all.  Couple of lessons here. 

1.  Don't brag about your team until you have something to brag about.  Even then, show some class and respect for the other teams.  You will be much happier in the end.

2.  Don't slam someone else unless you are ready to get slammed.

3.  Regular season records against teams doesn't mean much, especially when talking about pool games in tournaments when a team could be throwing their 3rd or 4th pitcher and a JV line-up.  They are weak predictors to future success.

4.  You cannot argue absolutes in TN High School Softball.  There is no sure thing when dealing with young players.

Indian... as usual you are correct.  District 5-AAA overall this year was a little down, and only a couple times in recent history have they been considered powerful.  But being in this district has not stopped Cumb. from being competitive.  This year, well, Cumb. overall offense was weaker than what it would take to get past the first round of regions.  Cumb. defence and pitching was soild, and the coaching great, which is why they can at least hang with anyone.  This year, they had a lot of 1-0 losses against very good teams.  Red Bank had 2 good hits put together in the first inning, which is why they won (what is that thing about timely hitting and defense.......).  Cumb. had 2 more baseruners than Red Bank, primarily due to a couple of errors.  But RB also played well and deserved to advance.  I wish them the best of success.  RB also won with class, and their parents were good sports.  And yes, Walker Valley is for real.  They not only beat us, but a lot of other good teams.

Last year's Cumb. team was dynamite.  Beat Beech the only time they saw them 4-1.  Same with Goodpasture (2 of last year's state champs right?) including lighting up Ms. Perroni, a great pitcher... NOT from Chatt.  Split with David Lipscomb and the magnificent Megan Rhodes.  Someting like a 38-6 record with half of those during a prom weekend.  All of this with a bullseye due to the previous year's success.  However, they played one bad game and got put out early.  Such is softball. 

Good luck to Red Bank tonight.  Even better wishes to both Region 3AAA teams in the sectionals.  Go represent!

825676467[/snapback]

You've got to be joking me another person trying to play the role of mother/father and trying to tell somebody "Well don't make me say something about BCHS's team"...........Buddy you can say whatever you want to behind this little screenname, your not hurting my feelings ANY.........So just keep on trying to be the mother/father and maybe someday somebody will listen to you....... :DB)