Travel Teams

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 20 years of softball coaching I have never seen a top tier ASA team coming out of Knoxville area and to the east of there. You will get on here and say the Knoxville Thunder and blah blah blah, but it is true. Rarely see one at the A or Gold State, Regionals or Nationals. Just not a big power team producing area.

If the Dodgers are such a good A team then why are they not playing in the Colorado Fireworks, Champions Cup, or ASA Nationals.  These are the tournaments were the best teams in the country play.

825702819[/snapback]

They aren't playing in these tourny cuz thier season is over! And they have already been to two tournys out of state. Its alot of money for gas. Thats just to far to travel. And they are out of money. They spent thier last bit of money on the tourny in Ohio!

I have to agree with Marla13! I will say this I know how the dodger program works. They practice hard and play hard! There's no doubt about that! BUT........From the games I have been to they do not play in the strongest tournaments by any means!!!! Although, the dodgers could have faced good competition and played with the "higher level teams" in their division. That doesnt mean they are the best around even if they happen to beat the #1 team in the state or from the east coast.... Every dog has their day!!!!! But I am glad to see they beat a good team!!I give them props for playing hard and not giving up!!!

Edited by Ozballer12

If the Dodgers are such a good A team then why are they not playing in the Colorado Fireworks, Champions Cup, or ASA Nationals.  These are the tournaments were the best teams in the country play.

825702819[/snapback]

thumb

I have to agree with Marla13! I will say this I know how the dodger program works. They practice hard and play hard! There's no doubt about that! BUT........From the games I have been to they do not play in the strongest tournaments by any means!!!! Although, the dodgers could have faced good competition and played with the "higher level teams" in their division. That doesnt mean they are the best around even if they happen to beat the #1 team in the state or from the east coast.... Every dog has their day!!!!! But I am glad to see they beat a good team!!I give them props for playing hard and not giving up!!!

825702919[/snapback]

thumb

I think it's hysterical that the Dodgers are the only ones on here cryin about being the best. I don't see any other team on here begging for respect!! If ya'll r sooooo good then why is only the players and parents from your own team the ones backin you up? Wouldn't you think that some players from different teams would help ya'll? i guess not! But it figures the team is from Rockwood...if i recall wasn't it RHS that was whinin and cryin for respect durin HS ball? They must have an insecurity problem down thatta ways! :angry:

Edited by wouldntyoulike2know

I think it's histerical that the Dodgers are the only ones on here cryin about being the best.  I don't see any other team on here begging for respect!! If ya'll r sooooo good then why is only the players and parents from your own team the ones backin you up? Wouldn't you think that some players from different teams would help ya'll? i guess not! But it figures the team is from Rockwood...if i recall wasn't it RHS that was whinin and cryin for respect durin HS ball? They must have an insecurity problem down thatta ways!  :angry:

825702943[/snapback]

DING....DING.....DING......BOB TELL'EM WHAT THEY HAVE WON! LOL HAHAH

Edited by Ozballer12

In my 20 years of softball coaching I have never seen a top tier ASA team coming out of Knoxville area and to the east of there.  You will get on here and say the Knoxville Thunder and blah blah blah, but it is true.  Rarely see one at the A or Gold State, Regionals or Nationals.  Just not a big power team producing area.

825702833[/snapback]

The Knoxville Thunder has played in the ASA A state for the last 5 years...I think the Thunder came in 3 in 18 A this year... I also believe their is a Eagle team out of knoxville that played in ASA 18 A state this year..(not sure)...

The Knoxville Thunder has played in the ASA A state for the last 5 years...I think the Thunder came in 3 in 18 A this year... I also believe their is a Eagle team out of knoxville that played in ASA 18 A state this year..(not sure)...

825703021[/snapback]

austin eagles 18 are coached by herb rice and does have a few knoxville players. his team is also made up of ooltewah( saunders/kirtley/rice and soddy (styles and 1 other girl from soddy. vercoe from baylor and a kid from notre dame. this team is as good as it gets. asa state champions and they can hit you at every [postion on offence and defence. anyone who gets a chance to see this team play needs to.

Thunder did finish third, not sure what place the Lady Eagles finished. The 16U Chatt Eagles team is a pretty good team also. We played them a couple of weeks ago, they moved up and played 18U, and lost 1-0.

825703198[/snapback]

Do you know who starts for this team????????The Eagles......

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys