Need some ansewrs

riverdaleman

I have a son who is a sophmore at RIVERDALE and yesterday i recieved a phone call from someone who wanted me to take him to some doyle baseball thing at cumberland also he comes in last night (my son) and tells us he has some try out with TBCA i was wondering if any of you can tell me about these things and if we should pursue it or not i know the doyle thing could run as high as 550 but i did not see aprice or anyhting for the TBCA tryout so please someone shed some light on these 2 items for me

thank you

Edited by riverdaleman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a son who is a sophmore at RIVERDALE and yesterday i recieved a phone call from someone who wanted me to take him to some doyle baseball thing at cumberland also he comes in last night (my son) and tells us he has some try out with TBCA i was wondering if any of you can tell me about these things and if we should pursue it or not i know the doyle thing could run as high as 550 but i did not see aprice or anyhting for the TBCA tryout so please someone shed some light on these 2 items for me

thank you

825672693[/snapback]

Definately do the TBCA thing. It's free and it's good exposure if he makes it! Just my personal opinion, I'm not a big fan of Doyle Baseball. It's just a money making deal and I personally don't like what they teach. But that's your call.

Definately do the TBCA thing.  It's free and it's good exposure if he makes it!  Just my personal opinion, I'm not a big fan of Doyle Baseball.  It's just a money making deal and I personally don't like what they teach.  But that's your call.

825672703[/snapback]

hey grad what is the TBCA thing? and what does doyle teach that u don't like-no stride maybe?

TBCA is the Tennesse Baseball Coaches Assoc. They sponsor a showcase every summer at MTSU. Four teams are selected from the eight regions (one from 1 & 2, one from 3 & 4, etc.). Players are selected via tryouts. It is intended for rising juniors, but underclassmen may tryout and are eligible.

It is well-run. College coaches form everywhere and a good representation of pro scouts will be there. Best of all it is FREE. They even provide housing on campus if you want.

Last year a scout from the Pittsburg org ran a try out for each team. Then the teams played a round robin.

It's a great place to get on the radar or raise your stock if you are already there.

DEFINITELY tryout for the TBCA team from your region. My son (now freshman playing D1 ball) was selected for the Region 7/8 team prior to both his junior and senior seasons. Great exposure to college coaches and scouts, as well as three competitive games against Tennessee's best HS talent. It's conducted by the Tennessee Baseball Coaches Association -- a class organization with a first-class event. Consider it an honor that he was invited to tryout and tell him to go for it!!

Edited by MktgAdMan

TBCA is the Tennesse Baseball Coaches Assoc. They sponsor a showcase every summer at MTSU. Four teams are selected from the eight regions (one from 1 & 2, one from 3 & 4, etc.). Players are selected via tryouts. It is intended for rising juniors, but underclassmen may tryout and are eligible.

It is well-run. College coaches form everywhere and a good representation of pro scouts will be there. Best of all it is FREE. They even provide housing on campus if you want.

Last year a scout from the Pittsburg org ran a try out for each team. Then the teams played a round robin.

It's a great place to get on the radar or raise your stock if you are already there.

825672834[/snapback]

When is the TBCA?

When is the TBCA?

825672843[/snapback]

Tennessee Baseball Coaches Association:

http://www.tbca.org/

Sadly, not all coaches are members. So, when you see a

TBCA all-region team and some players aren't on there

but are on the local paper's, it may be because that

player's coach isn't a member so he can not nominate

anyone on his team (same thing happens in football too

with their coach's association)

Edited by davidlimbaugh

I think your coach has to be a member of TBCA in order for you to tryout for thisteam. And to the gentleman who said his son made it as a senior....it's an underclassmen showcase...sophomores and juniors only.

It's a very good thing to do. You get really good exposure from schools and colleges in the southeast. I know the Pirates and Marlins were there last year. Maybe more. And the Major League Scouting Bureau has a couple guys there.

As for Doyle, the no-stride is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen or heard of. There are other things too, but that's my least favorite thing about them! But like I said, do what you want. It's your $550. You can come to me though and for a very very small fraction of that I'll get you as good of results...and I don't even do that for a living - just making an example.

I think your coach has to be a member of TBCA in order for you to tryout for thisteam.  And to the gentleman who said his son made it as a senior....it's an underclassmen showcase...sophomores and juniors only.

It's a very good thing to do.  You get really good exposure from schools and colleges in the southeast.  I know the Pirates and Marlins were there last year.  Maybe more.  And the Major League Scouting Bureau has  a couple guys there.

As for Doyle, the no-stride is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen or heard of.  There are other things too, but that's my least favorite thing about them!  But like I said, do what you want.  It's your $550.  You can come to me though and for a very very small fraction of that I'll get you as good of results...and I don't even do that for a living - just making an example.

825672907[/snapback]

some pretty good major league hitters hit no stride(jim edmonds). i went to a doyle clinic as a coach(our little league program required it and i thought there were some pretty good things about it) but i am not a "professional" coach by far!!!!!!

i really never taught the no stride but what i did like about that approach was that it focused on keeping the head still. my son has hit no stride but is most comfortable with a small step in his trigger. he has had to focus on staying back and i think the no stride approach helped him there.

i do know this a big stride is a slow bat.

thanks for the info about TBCA!

good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

I think your coach has to be a member of TBCA in order for you to tryout for thisteam.  And to the gentleman who said his son made it as a senior....it's an underclassmen showcase...sophomores and juniors only.

It's a very good thing to do.  You get really good exposure from schools and colleges in the southeast.  I know the Pirates and Marlins were there last year.  Maybe more.  And the Major League Scouting Bureau has  a couple guys there.

As for Doyle, the no-stride is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen or heard of.  There are other things too, but that's my least favorite thing about them!  But like I said, do what you want.  It's your $550.  You can come to me though and for a very very small fraction of that I'll get you as good of results...and I don't even do that for a living - just making an example.

825672907[/snapback]

This year junior or next year junior?

This year junior or next year junior?

825672963[/snapback]

This year sophomores and juniors.

And to riddlers:

I don't like a long stride...I don't necessarily even have to see a kid stride at all....but they have to get started somehow. My favorite approach is to pick it up and put it back down....i do think the smaller the stride the better. but to just start....just start...i don't like that. I like a small trigger-stride that allows a hitter to get started and transfer that weight.