DOBYNS BENNETT VS KNOX HALLS

the real deal

These are two really good teams or they wouldn't still be playing. Same situation as last year, substate game @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport...Halls vs. Dobyns-Bennett. Expect an excellent high school baseball game.

The field looked good about two hours ago and that is before the real prep work began...there was a lot of rain last night (overnight), but, no rain during the day today...so far...

Halls fans, drive safely...you too GLee

Athlete's high school careers are not judged by what they do in college or beyond, but rather what they did with their high school opportunities...Duran has done a very good job of stepping up to the challenge of his high school sports and has been named player of the year in football and baseball this year...and Barnyard I think that conference includes your school in football...not his best game against Jeff, but a win for his team...that is what athletes strive for - doing their best on the way to a victory and if the best doesn't come on that day, but the effort is still given, looks like a win to me...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I really just want to see what happens in this baseball game now. All this bashing of players, I guess everyone we are talkinmg about will be playing tonight so we will see what happens. But to the Jeff County people, your football team lost 14-3 to D.B. on one of D.B.'s worst nights all season. But hey congrats on keeping the score close in that game. So....since Duran isn't that good, where are you going to play sports in college? Oh, ok I bet your are the one from Jeff County that is playing ball at USC? You must be sionce you can bash all of the players that are going to the semi-big colleges. But hey good luck Barnyard

BIGCHIF, DRDB DO YOU GUYS REALLY THING DB IS THE ONLY SCHOOL IN THE STATE THAT CAME PLAY SPORTS! I HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT HALLS DID NOT LOSE ANYBODY OF OFF LAST YEARS TEAM THAT FINISHED 2ND IN THE STATE. IN FACT THEY ALSO HAD AN ALL-STATE SHORTSTOP MOVE IN FROM CLINTON WHO HAS PLAYED SUMMER BALL WITH MOST OF THIS TEAM EVERY SUMMER. THEY HAVE QUALITY PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION, THEY ALSO HAVE 2 PITCHERS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN DURAN (LOCKWOOD WILL BE NEXT YEAR PLAYER OF THE YEAR AND SIGN D-1 IN THE EARLY PERIOD & LARSON-BY THE WAY HE COULD HAVE GONE D-1 BUT HE WANTS TO GO PRO ASAP, HE TURNED DOWN D-I SCHOOLS AND HE HAS OUTSTANDING GRADES) THE OTHER 3 PITCHERS ARE VERY GOOD TO COMPLETE A STACKED PITCHING STAFF. ONE OTHER KID SIGNED WITH CNC IN THE EARLY SIGNING PERIOD. OBVIOUSLY DURAN HAD TO WAIT UNTIL KNOW TO GET A SCHOLARSHIP AT THE END OF THE SEASON, SOMETHING SOUNDS A LITTLE FISHY TO ME. IF HE WERE THAT GOOD HE WOULD HAVE GONE IN THE EARLY PERIOD. AS FOR THE FOOTBALL SCHOLARSHIP GIVE ME A BREAK! I DID ONLY WATCH ONE GAME THAT HE PLAYED IN BUT JC GAVE HIM FITS IN THAT GAME, HE COULD NOT COMPLETE A PASS AGAINST JC AND THEY WERE HORRIABLE IN THE DEFENSE BACKFIELD, ALL THEY DID IS BACK UP AND MAKE HIM THROW UNDER THE COVERAGE, AND THEY PUT PRESSURE ON HIM ALL NIGHT, HE LOOK LIKE A DANCING BEAR IN THE BACKFIELD, ANYWAY IF HE WAS THAT GOOD HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A SCHOLARSHIP TO SOME COLLEGE BUT HE DID NOT AND THAT THE BOTTOM LINE.

HE IS AN OUTSTANDING HIGH SCHOOL BALLPLAYER, BUT BEFOR YOU GUYS GIVE HIME THE KEY TO THE CITY YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE HOW WELL HE DOES IN COLLEGE, YOU KNOW IT ALL ABOUT HOW HARD HE WANTS TO WORK AND FROM WHAT I HAVE HURD THAT NOT SOMETHING HE CRAZY ABOUT.

HALLS BY 5. BY THE WAY IF LARSON PITCHES YOU WILL SEE 90 PLUS ALL NIGHT.

825678780[/snapback]

Pat,

I don't like pushing buttons and whatnot, because all that everyone is on this board is a screenname, we are not people, only words. However, your words seem to be more important since they are all capitalized. I like to keep this place in order and I do not like contention. However, I also do not like false information, so I feel that your post needs to be cleaned up a bit...

...Duran did wait until late in the season to SIGN. However, personally I have known (as well as many other people on this board alone) that he would be signing with the University of Kentucky for quite some time now. There were also other high profile schools looking at Duran for baseball. He was also offered some football scholarships, but turned them down to pursue baseball (and I think that was the correct choice for him to make).

...also, I would like to point out to 'skunk' that their post was the type that we should see more of. A good job of defending your position and giving some credit to Halls in the process...Kudos to you.

Game over 8-2. Great game, Halls has a ton of talent and have an excellent shot of winning state. Go represent East TN and win it all!

Can everyone please try to show some class with your posts on here? Two good teams played their hardest and left it all on the field, so lets keep the bad comments out of this thread.