tullahoma-cleveland

mjuhb

the gate for the football and baseball is to big we would out on that if it is moved so sorry its tullahoma call it all comes down to $$$$$ and tullahoma city schools needs it

825678239[/snapback]

Doesn't all of the gate go to TSSAA during tourney games, no matter where played, and then split evenly amongst all of the schools? ;)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i don't know about that but but we to get to keep the football gate it is always a big money thats why it starts at 4:30 so most of the people at the football game will migrate over to grider stadium tullahoma is expecting a big night so thats why they will not budge

Tullahoma earned the right to host this game by going to Riverdale and winning the Region championship. If Cleveland had defeated McMinn Co, then they could host a game and change the time to fit their needs. It's an unfortunate situation for the six seniors, but Tullahoma players have had to miss graduation ceremonies in the past to play baseball. I'm sure this is affecting other players on other teams this week-end. I can't blame Tullahoma officials for not changing the game time for six players, when the time change could affect hundreds of Tullahoma fans from attending. I don't think the rain will affect the start time, since Tullahoma has a tarp that covers the entire infield. This situation won't keep the six seniors from graduating, they just can't attend the ceremonies. I think in most cases, if the players had a choice, they would play the game, but that's my opinion and I could be wrong. I hope the Cleveland fans have a safe trip to and from the game.

Tullahoma earned the right to host this game by going to Riverdale and winning the Region championship. If Cleveland had defeated McMinn Co, then they could host a game and change the time to fit their needs. It's an unfortunate situation for the six seniors, but Tullahoma players have had to miss graduation ceremonies in the past to play baseball. I'm sure this is affecting other players on other teams this week-end. I can't blame Tullahoma officials for not changing the game time for six players, when the time change could affect hundreds of Tullahoma fans from attending. I don't think the rain will affect the start time, since Tullahoma  has a tarp that covers the entire infield. This situation won't keep the six seniors from graduating, they just can't attend the ceremonies. I think in most cases, if the players had a choice, they would play the game, but that's my opinion and I could be wrong. I hope the Cleveland fans have a safe trip to and from the game.

825678257[/snapback]

binns - I can remember one year our seniors were given their diploma's in Memphis at Gagliano Field.... Wish that could be the case this year ;)

the gate for the football and baseball is to big we would out on that if it is moved so sorry its tullahoma call it all comes down to $$$$$ and tullahoma city schools needs it

825678239[/snapback]

The gate is split 3 ways. TSSAA gets thier cut from the top before anything is taken out. The the host school takes out money for the overhead and whats left over is divide among the 2 teams involved (travel, food and other bills)

The state office pays for the umpires out of the gate. Cleveland traveled a couple of years ago to Riverdale and lost money after they was rembursed by the state.

I know the Atheltic budgets need money to play the games and every school has a crunch.

Theres no sour grapes here. I just had a root canal done and the medicine hasn't worn off yet.

Just a little fun and something to haggle about on a rainy Thursday night.

Good luck to Tullahoma/Cleveland winner in the state on Tuesday morning @ 10 AM CST.

Tullahoma earned the right to host this game by going to Riverdale and winning the Region championship. If Cleveland had defeated McMinn Co, then they could host a game and change the time to fit their needs. It's an unfortunate situation for the six seniors, but Tullahoma players have had to miss graduation ceremonies in the past to play baseball. I'm sure this is affecting other players on other teams this week-end. I can't blame Tullahoma officials for not changing the game time for six players, when the time change could affect hundreds of Tullahoma fans from attending. I don't think the rain will affect the start time, since Tullahoma  has a tarp that covers the entire infield. This situation won't keep the six seniors from graduating, they just can't attend the ceremonies. I think in most cases, if the players had a choice, they would play the game, but that's my opinion and I could be wrong. I hope the Cleveland fans have a safe trip to and from the game.

825678257[/snapback]

i 2nd that maybe tullahoma officials will let cleveland have a little graduation ceremony before the game

I think in most cases, if the players had a choice, they would play the game, but that's my opinion and I could be wrong.

825678257[/snapback]

Lets see, graduation or Bryan Morris fastball, graduation or Bryan Morris fastball.. hmmm... that is a little tougher choice than usual :);)

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Is the stadium by the school or is it the old minor league park by the swimming pool.

My son played there a few years ago.

I need to know so I can make plans to know how long it take form Cleveland to the old minor league park or the school.

THANKS

825678272[/snapback]

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=85...388&tcountry=us

sorry big link no it is behind the high school but be carefull coming down the main road it is a bad mess

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=85...388&tcountry=us

sorry big link no it is behind the high school but be carefull coming down the main road it is a bad mess

825678298[/snapback]

They are practicly ontop of each other. If parking is a huge problem you could actually park by the fieldsby the pool( D W Wilson) and walk the side walk about 600m to the field. But you should be fine on parking I would think.