SODDY DAISY - STATE CHAMPIONS AGAIN?

THE INTIMIDATOR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture beat Soddy three to two in the Cookeville tournament earlier this year and they went on to be co-champions, but i would have went with the head-to-head and given it to Goodpasture. I don't think the state tourney will be quite the cake walk the Soddy fans think it will be. Riverdale will put up a fight.

825678481[/snapback]

GOODPASTURE IS GOOD, NO DOUBT! BUT HEAD TO HEAD, PLAYER TO PLAYER, SODDY GET'S 'EM.

ALSO, RIVERDALE & SODDY MUST WIN TODAY BEFORE THEY THINK ABOUT STATE, BUT WHEN THEY GET THERE, LET ME ASURE YOU, THE PLAYERS KNOW IT IS NOT A "CAKEWALK".

THIS TEAM IS HUNGREY!!

GOODPASTURE IS GOOD, NO DOUBT! BUT HEAD TO HEAD, PLAYER TO PLAYER, SODDY GET'S 'EM.

ALSO, RIVERDALE & SODDY MUST WIN TODAY BEFORE THEY THINK ABOUT STATE, BUT WHEN THEY GET THERE, LET ME ASURE YOU, THE PLAYERS KNOW IT IS NOT A "CAKEWALK".

THIS TEAM IS HUNGREY!!

825678698[/snapback]

No doubt!!! This team is solid all the way thru. Their bench would start for most of the other good teams in the state.

.....and I agree, the girls know it is not a "cakewalk", so does coach Kirk!!!

Go Lady Trojans!!!!!!!!! thumb

No doubt!!!  This team is solid all the way thru. Their bench would start for most of the other good teams in the state.

.....and I agree, the girls know it is not a "cakewalk", so does coach Kirk!!!

Go Lady Trojans!!!!!!!!! thumb

825678707[/snapback]

Isn't it fun when your on top!!! You have a big red target on your back and everybody is trying to get you!!!!

I wish every team good luck today and in the state if they make it.

Especially good luck if you draw these Lady Trojans!!!

THIS TEAM IS HUNGREY!!

825678698[/snapback]

too bad we wont ever get to see these two teams play for the championship, but I dont necessarily agree that Soddy is better head to head, player to player. Goodpasture's starting lineup is as good as anyone's, with 5 girls already signed to a scholarship....and one thing that people tend to overlook is the fact they have a lot of senior leadership with a lot of state-tourney experience. I'll also take Pieroni over Waters at this stage in their careers... when Waters becomes a senior, she will probably be the best in the state.

Goodpasture player for player is the best in the state without question. Chattanooga aint the only place that competitive softball is played. Soddy is picked number one every year and yes they are a great team. I'm well aware that they are able to win state. Last year they were picked to win. In 2002 they were picked to win and didn't even make it to the championship. you are right when you are on top you will have a target. So when and if you ever make it to the top (not the self proclaimed top) everyone will be gunning for you.

Roarsb1169, I spoke with the Riverdales pitchers father just a few minutes ago. Here is the short version. Falon arm was very sore and was not around the plate. Second, she had no speed. Third they were ripping the ball and made several errors. He said they were basically down and out the first ending. Give credit to Red Bank, they are a good team. I watched them early this year, and if you don't bring your A game now; you go home. With that said, I just don't see any team beating Soddy. My two picks didn't even get there ( Brentwood, Riverdale ) This leaves Beech and Rossview to give them a game, and frankly I just don't see it.

iconu2 you didn't have Beech getting out of the district in your preseason predictions. Now they are in the state and you are saying they cannot get it done. Just what the doctor ordered, the curse of Bernard. I think anything can happen at this time of year.