Tullahoma to memphis

festor

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

morris had about 10 stikeouts(maybe more or less) the bottom of the order for tullahoma cracked the whips cleveland did a very good job of hitting morris but tullahoma's defence played great clevelands one hit came from the next to the last batter of the game a great crowd tonight we really lit the place up tonight

Edited by mjuhb

Great crowd and atmosphere at Mathis Field tonite and Bryan Morris and the Wildcats didn't let the fans down. Morris pitched a one-hitter and the Cats scored early and often to down a spunky Cleveland team 8-0. There were some very good defensive plays by Tullahoma, including a fantastic catch in left field by Chris Bond early in the game. He looked like Willie Mays, going back fullspeed to make an over the shoulder catch on a line drive. Stanley Bean said he would be glad to call the games on the radio, WJIG, if they have the time. Give the station a call Saturday and ask if they're carrying the games. I was especially happy for Coach Scotty Hargrove, who has done an outstanding job coaching this TEAM along with his fine assistant coaches. Some fans were saying that Tullahoma couldn't get out of the district, but they're going to Memphis. I was glad to see Riverdale make it also. That just shows that Region 4 is pretty good. Good Luck Cats in the STATE tourney.

Great crowd and atmosphere at Mathis Field tonite and Bryan Morris and the Wildcats didn't let the fans down. Morris pitched a one-hitter and the Cats scored early and often to down a spunky Cleveland team 8-0. There were some very good defensive plays by Tullahoma, including a fantastic catch in left field by Chris Bond early in the game. He looked like Willie Mays, going back fullspeed to make an over the shoulder catch on a line drive. Stanley Bean said he would be glad to call the games on the radio, WJIG, if they have the time. Give the station a call Saturday and ask if they're carrying the games. I was especially happy for Coach Scotty Hargrove, who has done an outstanding job coaching this TEAM along with his fine assistant coaches. Some fans were saying that Tullahoma couldn't get out of the district, but they're going to Memphis. I was glad to see Riverdale make it also. That just shows that Region 4 is pretty good. Good Luck Cats in the STATE tourney.

825679101[/snapback]

congrats to the cats and warriors............i'll say it again it would be awesome to see two region 4 teams play for the state championship............best wishes to both teams

I agree. Riverdale and Tullahoma for the state championship would be great. I think Tullahoma will play Houston at 10am Tuesday morning in Millington. I forgot to mention earlier the monster home-run by Brady Goodman that was hit to the deepest part of the outfield and the steady play of Ben Darlingtion at SS tonite. Who will Riverdale open up with in Memphis?

congratulations to tullahoma. they are an outstanding team and really put it to us last night. i would like to say to their fans to calm down a little bit its highschool baseball and the seniors last game maybe forever. They missed their own highschool graduation because your superintendent refused to move the game to saturday. anyways, good luck to tullahoma in state and for brian in the future.

Tullahoma is a true baseball town, through and through. It has been since '97 since they went to state, so it has been a long time coming. Their fans should be able to get a little rowdy if they want to. If you are saying they were being unclassy, I don't know, I couldn't make it. As for moving the game to Saturday, I wouldn't have moved it either. You can't bring your ace back on 2 days rest if they play on Tuesday. Reverse the role and try telling me with a straight face, that you would have moved the game. Not trying to be a jerk, just putting the facts out there. As for graduation, I think that most any player would rather graduate on the baseball diamond as opposed to a hot gym in a long ceremony. I have had quite a few friends graduate in Chattanooga or Memphis on the field and never heard the first complaint. They got to do something the rest of their classmates didn't and it was for a good reason. Good luck to T-Town and Riverdale in the state. Good luck to the 3 Diamondbacks (Morris, Darlington and Underland) and the rest of the Wildcats and Warriors.

Tullahoma is a true baseball town, through and through. It has been since '97 since they went to state, so it has been a long time coming. Their fans should be able to get a little rowdy if they want to. If you are saying they were being unclassy, I don't know, I couldn't make it.  As for moving the game to Saturday, I wouldn't have moved it either. You can't bring your ace back on 2 days rest if they play on Tuesday. Reverse the role and try telling me with a straight face, that you would have moved the game. Not trying to be a jerk, just putting the facts out there. As for graduation, I think that most any player would rather graduate on the baseball diamond as opposed to a hot gym in a long ceremony. I have had quite a few friends graduate in Chattanooga or Memphis on the field and never heard the first complaint. They got to do something the rest of their classmates didn't and it was for a good reason. Good luck to T-Town and Riverdale in the state. Good luck to the 3 Diamondbacks (Morris, Darlington and Underland) and the rest of the Wildcats and Warriors.

825679418[/snapback]

I definately agree with what was said here. We, as fans, were so excited to see this team grow and be rewarded for their efforts. I am sorry to hear that you seniors did miss your graduation, but many of the Tullahoma atheletes competing in the state tournament (track & feild and baseball) will also have to miss their high school graduation. Yes, it stinks, but I would much rather be rewarded with the chance for a state title than the traditional graduation. Good luck to Tullahoma, we are so happy for you guys!! No matter what yal have made this small town proud!! Good game to Cleveland, also!