AAA state

weaveworld

I think it will be Brentwood versus Germantown and Bearden versus Hendersonville in the Semifinals.  And Hendersonville beating Brentwood in the finals.

825680136[/snapback]

I'm not sure Germantown can hang with Blackman, I may be wrong, but your prediction certainly makes a lot more sense than the wishful thinking of the guys from the east. If Farragut beats Brentwood in the first round, it should be billed as THE upset of the tournament. Brentwood will have to play A+ to beat Hendersonville. I know they can do it. It is just a matter of if they will.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Germantown can hang with Blackman, I may be wrong, but your prediction certainly makes a lot more sense than the wishful thinking of the guys from the east.  If Farragut beats Brentwood in the first round, it should be billed as THE upset of the tournament. Brentwood will have to play A+ to beat Hendersonville. I know they can do it. It is just a matter of if they will.

825680156[/snapback]

HENDERSONVILLE WILL WIN IT ALLL!!..they've got my support thumb

I agree with the people posting anyone can win. When it comes to tournaments the bets teams dont always win. so many things can go wrong players can get hurt, reffs can be bad, or u can just get unlucky. so i think it all depends on who comes to play and who wants it the most. look at last years D II state tourny noone thought USN would do what they did. so you never know any team can win any day i think teh feild is much closer from 1-8 then it has been in the past.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!

BHs007, While I am an alumni player out of YOUR very district , your facts are tainted. Farragut DOES play in the toughest district in the state. 4 teams out that district and maybe 5 could have beaten most of the teams in most regional titile games. If Farragut played the schedule that Brentwood did, their production of goals would have been much higher also. You seem to think that the very best teams are on Brentwoods schedule, well the very best teams for the last 4 years have come out of Farraguts district because one of those teams have been the State Champion for the last 4 years. In addition to that for the last 4 years Knoxville has owned the AAA State Title and the A/AA (CAK) for 2 years and the AAA finalist for the last two years have been out of Farraguts Region (Bearden and OAk Ridge State Runnerups). So you can't compare anything.

And you said if Farragut beats Brentwood it would be the upset of the tournament????. Give me a break, Try and Find someone to agree with you on that. You will have you hands full with a team playing well together that has won 2 championships already and will give you even more than you are ready for. I have seen you play 3 times and I watched Farragut against CAK this year and against Beardenb the other night and they are a handful. Bearden and Farragut are much more favorites, but you'll see soon.

PS, I hate going against my boys in Middle Tenn , but the truth is the truth, Farragut could just well win this again!!!!!!!!!!

BHs007, While I am an alumni player out of YOUR very district , your facts are tainted. Farragut DOES play in the toughest district in the state. 4 teams out that district and maybe 5 could have beaten most of the teams in most regional titile games.  If Farragut played the schedule that Brentwood did, their production of goals would have been much higher also. You seem to think that the very best teams are on Brentwoods schedule, well the very best teams for the last 4 years have come out of Farraguts district because one of those teams have been the State Champion for the last 4 years.  In addition to that for the last 4 years Knoxville has owned the AAA  State Title and the A/AA (CAK) for  2 years and the AAA finalist for the last two years have been out of Farraguts Region (Bearden and OAk Ridge State Runnerups). So you can't compare anything.

And you said if Farragut beats Brentwood it  would be the upset of the tournament????. Give me a break,  Try and Find someone to agree with you on that. You will have you hands full with a team playing well together  that has won 2 championships already and will give you even more than you are ready for. I have seen you play 3 times and I watched Farragut against CAK this year and against Beardenb the other night and they are a handful. Bearden and Farragut are much more favorites, but you'll see soon.

PS, I hate going against my boys in Middle Tenn , but the truth is the truth, Farragut could just well win this again!!!!!!!!!!

825680244[/snapback]

no 3 midstate teams in the semi's

what makes everyone think that hendersonville is going to win it all? i would just like to have some real evidence of why they are so good, i think that this tournament is any one's it will be up to who comes out with the most desire in my opinion so why all this hendersonville talk? i have never seen them play all i know is on paper so i would like to know, is it that they all have heart, or they have some awesome defenders that never get scored on. well be glad to hear from somebody

what makes everyone think that hendersonville is going to win it all? i would just like to have some real evidence of why they are so good, i think that this tournament is any one's it will be up to who comes out with the most desire in my opinion so why all this hendersonville talk? i have never seen them play all i know is on paper so i would like to know, is it that they all have heart, or they have some awesome defenders that never get scored on. well be glad to hear from somebody

825680280[/snapback]

plain and simple because they will win it

plain and simple because they will win it

825680289[/snapback]

i dont think it will be as easy as many people seem to think. especially if they go into the tournament thinkin they have an easy road ahead of them. i do think hendersonville is a favorite but i dont think they iwll have a walk through the park. if they want to win they are gonna have to come ready toplay every single game. so i think hendersonville does have a good chance to win but i dont think it will be as easy as alot of people are makin it out to be.

I think there is much more parody than any of you want to admit but that is understandable. For instance, Brentwood and Hendersonville beat Glencliff and Rossview 5-0 respectively in their region semis. For region finals (swapping opponents) they each won by 3-1. Both teams missed PKs (Lowder and Kelly) and gave up a goal. Brentwood and Hendersonville took it down to the wire in a 1-0 contest in the regular season. Hendersonville was missing Kelly and BWood was dealing with multiple injuries. That game could have gone either way. Farragut has been very inconsistent this year and does not have the convincing wins nor the offensive production that you would think they should. They played the same number of games as Bwood (if you back out their forfeits) but scored 40 less goals (15 coming in their 1st round district game - we all know what those are like). And I don't buy the "their competition is so much stronger" line either. McMinn could very well give Hendersonville more than they've seen all year. Blackman will be a force to be reconded with. I think it is ALL up in the air and none of you can even get close to predicting what will happen. Keep trying. It should be interesting.

825680041[/snapback]

this is probably poitnless but for correct stats, tj brown missed the pk. rarelly does kelley take them.

does bearden have a chance of beatin h'ville ive heard they are playin very good soccer right now

825679986[/snapback]

and yes i think bearden does have a chance, even though i am bias towards hendersonville. but if they should both show up with their A game, which i would THINK they would, i think hendersonville will win. I just, find them a better team. Maybe bearden is more consistant, i don't know. But all around team wise, I think Hendersonville is the best well-rounded team. With an awesome defense. I can't wait for state, and to see who steps up. Crazy things seem to happen at the championship, and it really is hard to predict.

825680280[/snapback]

Weaveworld, I have been to most of their games. And their all around skill is very good. I mean, their teamwork, composure, structure, speed, strength, everything. Their skill is veryy impresive. So many teams I have seen play the "lets kick the ball up the feild and run". Hendersonville seems to have a more mature style of play. And even on paper, they've done well. Winning over Brentwood, and having great game against Parkview. They've allowed 10 goals, and no more than 2 in a game. Their defense is very strong. And also having somewhere around 75 goals. Even on paper, they seem like they've done quite well for themselves. With a record of 18-2-1. I can see them wining it all. No, I do NOT see a cake walk for them. At all. And things could very well happen. I thought they would have gone further last year, but it seems they didn't show up to play. They've got to show up to play, thats my biggest worry. They tend to start off slow, or thinking it won't be quite the game it turns out to be. We'll see how it all goes, but if you want to know why some people believe they might win it all, that is why.

Weaveworld, I have been to most of their games. And their all around skill is very good. I mean, their teamwork, composure, structure, speed, strength, everything. Their skill is veryy impresive. So many teams I have seen play the "lets kick the ball up the feild and run". Hendersonville seems to have a more mature style of play. And even on paper, they've done well. Winning over Brentwood, and having great game against Parkview. They've allowed 10 goals, and no more than 2 in a game. Their defense is very strong. And also having somewhere around 75 goals. Even on paper, they seem like they've done quite well for themselves. With a record of 18-2-1. I can see them wining it all. No, I do NOT see a cake walk for them. At all. And things could very well happen. I thought they would have gone further last year, but it seems they didn't show up to play. They've got to show up to play, thats my biggest worry. They tend to start off slow, or thinking it won't be quite the game it turns out to be. We'll see how it all goes, but if you want to know why some people believe they might win it all, that is why.

825680350[/snapback]

thx that is alot better an answer then simply beause they will win , that was a complete waste of time to say,

you at least put a good argument well thanks i hope we get to play them (bearden) well good luck to everyone in state and farragut plz make it so we can have another rematch. :blink: