state champs

soccermadness

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after looking at the schedules, records and state brackets......my nod goes to hendersonville to win it all.

825679772[/snapback]

You need to look harder than just schedule and records. Factor in opponents W-L-T records, number of games actually played, goals scored, goals allowed, and goal differentials. That would give you toss-ups all over the place, if you really look at it objectively. Although my biased money is on Brentwood, I think Houston, McMinn and Bearden could be MAJOR obsticles for the mighty H'villers, should they get far. Just as Farragut and Blackman will be for Brentwood. On paper, I do think Bwood will have an easier time getting through than Hville. I don't think Gtown will get far as they have been beaten soundly by a few of the final 8 in regular season. After that it's anybodys game.

Edited by bhs007

Brentwood is going to have a harder time cause i think they will lose in the first round. Its tournament time so you know farragut will be ready and didnt hendersonville beat brentwood already this year, i think it was 1-0, and daniel kelly didnt play in that game. Daniel Kelly is an all-state player

Sorry guys, I have to differ on this post. Farragut is playing very well and brings a lot of momentum into this game. They will beat Brentwood and move to semis and then to the finals.

In the other Bracket, Hendersonville has to get past a scrappy Bearden team that may just bew to physical for Hendersonville, I am not questioning Hendersonville talent, and I see them past McMinn, but Bearden brings a big game and unless Hendersonville is on it's A game, Bearden wins. an A- minus game will not even be good enough

But I WANT a middle Tenn State Champion so SOMEONE prove me wrong, I just don't see it

I agree with gameball---except for the part about wanting a Middle Champ.

I think the four teams with the best chance to be in the AAA finals are Brentwood, Hendersonville, Bearden and Farragut. While I suspect McMinn Co. may be too inconsistent to hang with Hendersonville's attack, the Cherokee's will definitely be one of the top 2 or 3 teams Hendersonville has seen this season, looking at the schedules. Nevertheless, I'd pick Hendersonville in the quarterfinal.

Farragut is at the top of its game and, in my opinion, Bearden is even slightly stronger than the Admirals. Based on the schedules, Brentwood and Hendersonville both played much less demanding schedules than the two Knoxville teams. Farragut played 10 of 23 in- state games against ranked teams with 5 wins and 5 losses. Its opponents are 231-122-42 combined. Bearden also played 10 of 24 games against ranked teams with a 6-3-1 record. The Bulldog's combined opponents' record is even better at 244-123-55.

By contrast, Brentwood played only 4 ranked teams out of 23 matches with a 2-2 record against ranked opponents. Their combined opponents' record is decently strong 201-131-56. Finally, while Hendersonville may have one of the top 5 players in the State, they played only 3 ranked games in their 19 in-state games and finished with a 2-1 record. Hendersonville's opponents were a very ordinary 180-144-26. The Parkview result is noteworthy, but it was still a loss. I really don't understand why premier programs like these two Nashville powers don't step up their scheduling.

I think Farragut will beat Brentwood by 1 in the first round and then beat whoever comes out of the Blackman/Germantown match by 3 or more. Bearden will beat Houston and then take Hendersonville by 2. In the finals, if Bearden and Farragut meet again, it will be a toss-up. One way or another, though, I think the AAA title will stay in Knoxville another year.

Edited by hoya75

Farragut is at the top of its game and, in my opinion, Bearden is even slightly stronger than the Admirals.  Based on the schedules, Brentwood and Hendersonville both played much less demanding schedules than the two Knoxville teams.  Farragut played 10 of 23 in- state games against ranked teams with 5 wins and 5 losses.  Its opponents are 231-122-42 combined.  Bearden also played 10 of 24 games against ranked teams with a 6-3-1 record.  The Bulldog's combined opponents' record is even better at 244-123-55.

By contrast, Brentwood played only 4 ranked teams out of 23 matches with a 2-2 record against ranked opponents.  Their combined opponents' record is decently strong 201-131-56.  Finally, while Hendersonville may have one of the top 5 players in the State, they played only 3 ranked games in their 19 in-state games and finished with a 2-1 record.  Hendersonville's opponents were a very ordinary 180-144-26.

825680092[/snapback]

It would be worth noting that Bearden played Farragut (11) three times in these totals and lost to Rossview (09) (whom Bwood beat in sectional) as well as McMinn (03). The only other AAA ranked team was Gtown (10) whom they tied 0-0. Beating ranked A/AA or DII teams doesn't mean much. Numbers look great until you look into them and find out that they are playing ranked teams at the bottom. Everybody talks like Farragut should be ranked number 1 going into this tournament just because they won out the fluff part of their schedule and now it is called momentum. All the teams in the tournament have momentum or they wouldn't be there. Just doesn't make sense. The east teams are resting on their laurels and reputations of past teams. Means nothing now.

I think Hendersonville deserves their #1 ranking for beating Brentwood and Brentwood deserves their #2 spot going into the tourny. It's going to be a great evenly matched tournament for a change.

Edited by bhs007

It would be worth noting that Bearden played Farragut (11) three times in these totals and lost to Rossview (09) (whom Bwood beat in sectional) as well as McMinn (03). The only other AAA ranked team was Gtown (10) whom they tied 0-0. Beating ranked A/AA or DII teams doesn't mean much. Numbers look great until you look into them and find out that they are playing ranked teams at the bottom. Everybody talks like Farragut should be ranked number 1 going into this tournament just because they won out the fluff part of their schedule and now it is called momentum. All the teams in the tournament have momentum or they wouldn't be there. Just doesn't make sense. The east teams are resting on their laurels and reputations of past teams. Means nothing now.

I think Hendersonville deserves their #1 ranking for beating Brentwood and Brentwood deserves their #2 spot going into the tourny. It's going to be a great evenly matched tournament for a change.

825680140[/snapback]

did you just state that bearden lost to rossview? b/c if you did you are mistaken and should look things up before you state them. who has brentwood played? why should they be ranked 2nd? i dont know. but i believe they will be beaten by farragut in the first round. yes it will be a great tournament.

Bearden and farragut just do not have the quality to hang with hendersonville, brentwood is the only team that can hang with hendersonville in my opinion.

Hendersonville has a great defense, and the best striker tandom in the state with Kelly and Bolt. Bearden drew siegel... and beat rossview 1-0 who hville beat 5-0 during regions. Bearden also lost to knox west. Hendersonville lost to parkview 2-1, while mccallie lost 6-0 to parkview. When Hendersonville lost to Father Ryan the shot count was at least 4-1 hendersonville and father ryan may have crossed the half line twice the entire second half. Hville has a very fit team and good team, but they do not run the score up on teams which is why their goal diff is not that high. Their jv players play almost as much as starters when they win games by 2-3 goals because they dont want to kill teams.

from experience of playin the "top dawgs" in the state....we played bearden in the mcminn county tourny and the result of that game was 1-0..yes i have to agree they are a very good team..they pressure you highly and have good attackers and defense..but playin aginst h'ville...thats a different story..h'ville is a strong team and i think they will dominate the whole state tourny this year now that they have kelley..he's a very good player..b'wood to me is a little overrated this year..yes they are a good team but i think bearden and h'ville can whoop their butts along with the other top dawgs in state...thats my opinion..i still think h'ville will take the win thumb

i think the tournament is too even to be predicting any definite winner, and i'm suprised that everyone is ruling out farragut, even though they haven't been has dominant this year they have proved themselves so far and are still the defending state champions for two years running