Best spot for Spring Fling?

ahs_cards_fan

Where would be the best spots for the spring fling.I've always thought they should have it in Nashville in the middle of the state.But what do you think,Memphis,Jackson,Nashville,Murfresboro,Chattanooga,Knoxville,or some other city.The main point is where you could play the State Championships at for Baseball

Memphis-Autozone Park

Jackson-Pringles Park (Home to West Tenn Diamond Jaxx)

Nashville-Greer Stadium

Murfresboro-MTSU

Chattanooga-Bellsouth Park

Knoxville-UT or in Sevierville at Smokies Park

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would be the best spots for the spring fling.I've always thought they should have it in Nashville in the middle of the state.But what do you think,Memphis,Jackson,Nashville,Murfresboro,Chattanooga,Knoxville,or some other city.The main point is where you could play the State Championships at for Baseball

Memphis-Autozone Park

Jackson-Pringles Park (Home to West Tenn Diamond Jaxx)

Nashville-Greer Stadium

Murfresboro-MTSU

Chattanooga-Bellsouth Park

Knoxville-UT or in Sevierville at Smokies Park

825680505[/snapback]

Jackson will be a great place when the new 19 field travel ball complex is complete. There will be enough fields to play the entire tournament at one location, which would create an awesome atmosphere.

Memphis-Autozone Park

825680503[/snapback]

I don't know if we'll ever see AutoZone Park used again, even if the Fling is here on rotation like has been discussed. The TSSAA didn't really like working around the Redbirds' schedule last year, and even though it wouldn't be as complicated this year, they're still avoiding it.

The Spring Fling is always on the week leading up to Memorial Day. And the Memphis Redbirds, since they're the top draw in all of minor league baseball, will always be at home for Memorial Day weekend.

Edited by Opperman

If you are talking about top notch stadiums, Tusculum College, in Greeneville would be a great place to play. That is the field where the Greeneville Astros (rookie affiliate of the Houston Astros) play and their season hasn't even begun to start. I know it is in EAST Tennessee, a place that the TSSAA doesn't even think exists, but it would serve everyone around to come to a great little town like Greeneville and play at such a great park.

If you are talking about top notch stadiums, Tusculum College, in Greeneville would be a great place to play.  That is the field where the Greeneville Astros (rookie affiliate of the Houston Astros) play and their season hasn't even begun to start.  I know it is in EAST Tennessee, a place that the TSSAA doesn't even think exists, but it would serve everyone around to come to a great little town like Greeneville and play at such a great park.

825680634[/snapback]

You just forfeited your right to complain about Memphis being too far away.

I'd love to see them play in Nashville. Vanderbilt, Lipscomb, Belmont and Greer stadiums are all suitable venues for baseball and there are plenty of softball, track and tennis venues all within Davidson County.

I've long missed having the Clinic Bowl at Vandy and the basketball tournaments as well. I've only been to the Murph for one night since the move and haven't been to any Clinic Bowls which used to be an annual event.

I do understand that the east and west would like to have reduced travel distances. If Memphis and Chattanooga can get it, why not Knoxville and tri-cities? If it comes to middle Tennessee, it ought to be in Nashville IMO.

Jackson will be a great place when the new 19 field travel ball complex is complete. There will be enough fields to play the entire tournament at one location, which would create an awesome atmosphere.

The new fields in Jackson won't have baseball fields unless you want the boys to playing on 300' fields. The new fields only go up to 300'. Now there will be several softball fields at 200'. With Jackson State, Union, Pringles Park and Liberty High within only a couple of miles from each other. Now that the best places for the Baseball in Jackson. 4 good fields for baseball with softball at the new complex with Track at USJ and Tennis at the Jackson Tennis & fitness club. Jackson will be able to handle the Spring Fling that way. Throw in pro games at Pringles Park with the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx with all of the places to eat and new hotels on the way. Jackson will be putting a bid in for the Spring Fling once the new ballfields are built.