Best spot for Spring Fling?

ahs_cards_fan

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
Where would be the best spots for the spring fling.I've always thought they should have it in Nashville in the middle of the state.But what do you think,Memphis,Jackson,Nashville,Murfresboro,Chattanooga,Knoxville,or some other city.The main point is where you could play the State Championships at for Baseball

Memphis-Autozone Park

Jackson-Pringles Park (Home to West Tenn Diamond Jaxx)

Nashville-Greer Stadium

Murfresboro-MTSU

Chattanooga-Bellsouth Park

Knoxville-UT or in Sevierville at Smokies Park

825680505[/snapback]

if you want to get technical, the exact middle of the state is located in murfreesboro .. plus, murfreesboro is a great place for the spring fling ... youve got 2 HS baseball fields (Riverdale and Oakland) that colleges would die for and you have MTSU's field

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to get technical, the exact middle of the state is located in murfreesboro .. plus, murfreesboro is a great place for the spring fling ... youve got 2 HS baseball fields (Riverdale and Oakland) that colleges would die for and you have MTSU's field

825680718[/snapback]

riverdale maybe but one couldn't fit 100 people at oakland you need to go back and read the article in the memphis newspaper is saids lower middle tennessee that tullahoma and winchester

825680718[/snapback]

The transportation center of the state is Nashville. And that matters more than specific geography for transportation purposes.

i loved going to Memphis. Great environment. Though as you all said Auto Zone Park is probably out of the picture now but it was neat having the ceremonies and champ games there.

i wouldnt go all the way out on a limb and say Nashville is the BEST place to have it but it wouldnt be all that bad.

Chatanooga...not so much all that great. Been down there for the Trojan Classic a couple of times and i dunno....its not bad but its not the best.

Knoxville-if you have it in knoxville you're limited on playing fields unless you want to drive a a class to sevierville to play the smokies park. if the smokies still played in Knoxville then you got Lindsey Nelson at UT and the Smokies park. I'm from Knoxville and i may just be stumped right now but thats all i can think of to play at a nice stadium or field that has "meaning" or where someone "higher" plays.

Hey why not have it out in good ol' Knoxville. These people out here don't have much else to do in this town. There are many great field choices like UT, Smokies Park, and even Farragut High School. Farragut's field could easily qualify for a college field. Attendance would be large in size because there honestly isn't much else to do around here in the spring other than go out and eat.

Murfreesboro is the logical choice. A new Soccer complex is under construction and that was a major factor when the TSSAA decided on Memphis a few years ago.

You have to get it out of Memphis. A bonehead decision and I think the TSSAA realizes it.

As for Baseball, MTSU, Cumberland (in nearby Lebanon), Riverdale, Oakland (despite the seating capacity problem) are good fields. Grider Stadium in Tullahoma is not all it used to be. It is showing it's age.

I just think Nashville has the facilities, hotels, restaurants and added attractions plus the central location with 3 of the 4 major interstates running through it. It's easier to get to and from a baseball perspective, there is Vandy, Lipscomb, Belmont and Greer Stadium to choose from. With the upgrades at Vandy and now lights at Lipscomb, all the baseball games could be played on collegiate or better fields, all within 15 minutes of each other.