Pigeon Forge vs Lipscomb

timbdp

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Lipscomb. They have plenty of pitching depth, even a few fresh arms available. Brock threw Tuesday, and could pitch at least enough to make a difference on two days' rest. Besides, they are cruising offensively, and I don't think Pigeon Forge (or any other AA team right now for that matter) will be able to slow them down. Regardless, congratulations to both teams on two fine seasons!

It would be hard for DL not to be a bit overconfident going into tomorrow's game, outscoring opponents 34 -2 in 3 games at state and 51-4 since regionals. Pigeon Forge earned the right to be there, taking 2 of 3 from Ripley along the way.

Watch out for an upset if DL parties a little too early. Otherwise, I'd have to say DL clearly looks like the best team right now.

good luck to both.

The only thing I can tell Pigeon Forge is not to throw any fastballs peroid. DL has always been the best fastball hitting team I've ever seen. PF's only chance is to use a pitcher with a good curveball and an excellent changeup. That was the only way we could hang with them last year. Good luck to both teams but I see DL taking this one by at least 6 runs.

I have also heard that the 3 starting outfielders & shortstop are not playing for different reasons.

Outfield: 1 signed with the Vols for football

Outfield: 1 signed a golf scholarship

Shortstop: signed a golf scholarship

Outfield: decided to focus on senior year of football and is being looked at by several SEC schools

How good would David Lipscomp be if those athletes were on the team?

It is true that several juniors from last years teams did not return as seniors.

Two utility players, two outfielders. I would say at least 2 of the replacements are as good as the previous players overall, each having different strengths. All four seniors that lef might have been starters this year, but not all four were starters last year.

Lipscomb this year has 3 starting seniors, plus 1 senior pitcher, Jason Brock. All of the rest of Lipscomb's pitchers are Freshmen through Juniors.

If they win this year, they could repeat next year.