whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

Good grief ya'll, fall practice hasen't even started yet and some are already kickin' up about week 5!?

I truly hope Kegan is happy here at McKenzie and I surely hope he will help our program this season. I work with folks from Huntingdon and some of them have kids playing for them. One or two of those Mustangs MIGHT have even been indirectly referred to on this thread. They are good kids too and good athletes. Not unlike the kids playing here for the Rebels.

I have had several friends tell me that Kegan is a great kid and I believe them. Again, let me just say that I hope Kegan is happy with being in McKenzie and that he finds his niche as a football player here and does well as a Rebel. This sure isn't about WEEK 5!!!!!! That will take care of itself. This is about Kegan and what is best for him.

Personally, I hope he has the season of a lifetime this fall.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825691244[/snapback]

Just one more thing on this one. Kegan is a fine young man and exceptional athlete that will excel whever he goes as long as he keeps his same determination he had with the Stangs.

A note to everyone on this site. You really dont need to mention a players name UNLESS you have something good to say about them. That is as tacky as it gets and shows no class. Everyone of these kids pay a steep price (two a days in July) and countless practices to be on the team and each one of them have parents who are proud as they can be of their son.

The real problem at H-town is that the talent pool has been huge the last two or three years. By the way, I'm sure the coaching staff dont mind having that problem. We have had underclassmen the past 2 years that would have started at least on one side of the ball the past two years for most schools in the area. The down side to this is that it can cause problems with everyone getting the playing time they really deserve. Its part of team competiton that is sometimes unavoidable.

Like I said, it is a good problem to have. Good luck Kegan, I know the Rebels are glad to get you in their huddle.

GO STANGS. thumb

Every game that I have seen Drew Hayes play, he always keeps his cool. That is his best quality. When you see the way he plays the game....you can tell that his main priority is to win. His leadership and the fact that he is a team player shows as well. Just in case some of you can't read or spell.....the kid's name is KEGAN not Keegan or Keagan. I just had to get that off of my chest. I really think he will help McKenzie's team out because they are in need of a solid ballcarrier and Ball is just the man for the job. I'm not sayin he will turn them into state champions but the road will be a lot easier with him on the roster.

I've started to post on Keegan leaving several times. Just a few tidbits here. How can anyone be satisfyed after playing for a state champion team, then runner-up to Alcoa and then go and play Greenfield and Gleason? One question I'd like to throw out. Think about his "former" senior teamates in Huntingdon and how they must feel. No ill will but sadness. They've been playing with Keegan for several years and then on his senior year he jumps ship. Another thing. Ktrain fan said he had a future Mustang and Fillie still in school here but will they play for the Mustangs if they don't get to play the position they want to? I was taught you play for the team and the coach knows best and he will play you where you will help the team. Does anyone think Chris and Boo would have the success they've had if they played for Gleason? It's a team game boys. When Hayes lights up Gleason and South Fulton and Greenfield for 8,000 yards will there be enough playing time for everybody? Someone posted on here that the grass is greener on the other side. They aslo said there is more to life than football. They don't live in Huntingdon. Ever notice how people storm the field when they defeat Huntingdon. Yes you have. How many times have Huntingdon people stormed the field when they defeat you. It's different here folks. Big mistake here and everybody knows it. In a town where kids come up to you and want to talk about football long after you've graduated, will they look at Keegan and say there goes the guy that gave up being a Mustang to play for McKenzie. I don't really know Keegan except through football but I've never heard a bad word against him. I'm sorry I won't get to see him play but once this year. I want to wish him the best of luck this year and may his family find peace.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Guest catfish-hunter

I saw McKenzie play Cheatham Co. last year in the playoffs and to be nice about it their defense was PATHETIC!!! Keagan better have an impact on their D-Line like he did at H-TOWN of the postseason will be another short one for Hayes & Co.

The Huntingdon Mustangs will be the 2005 class 2A state champs (sorry Alcoa fans).

RHS2006,

At McKenzie, Kegan could find himself playing ironman ball (going both ways). We seem to possibly need some help on defense too. A hardnosed linebacker would be nice!

Let me say that I'M NOT sittin' here at the puter automatically puttin' Kegan in the starting lineup but, I do feel we have a place for him. I also really hope some of our younger linemen will be bulked up and step up on both sides of the ball. I know size surely isn't everything needed to play in the line. When I played for the Rebels, for a couple of seasons I was the smallest lineman we had starting and I was 6'--190 lb.. But, I was quick, determined, and I survived and did OK. That was a long time ago but, even then our line averaged around 235 lb. and our biggest was 275.

Football is all about heart and commitment. I'm told Kegan has that. Just remember, there are a LOT of more kids that play for McKenzie and as has been pointed out, football IS a team sport. How they all mesh torether is what matters along with the coaches getting the best out of them!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

I saw McKenzie play Cheatham Co. last year in the playoffs and to be nice about it their defense was PATHETIC!!!  Keagan better have an impact on their D-Line like he did at H-TOWN of the postseason will be another short one for Hayes & Co. 

The Huntingdon Mustangs will be the 2005 class 2A state champs (sorry Alcoa fans).

825691474[/snapback]

Now dont get me wrong, I am a Mustang Fan and I like your prediction about the 2A championship. But can you explain why you feel this way. Alcoa claims they only lost 3 players off last years team and that they were not even starters.

Just wondering why you are so convinced?

GO STANGS thumb

I wonder how all the players from Mckenzie feel about all the hooplah over Keagan after they have spent so much time working hard to be a Rebel. Will they decide they dont like the position they need to play for the team and look for somewhere else to play. I doubt it. Someone on here said there is life outside of football. This is very true and if you think society will try to make adjustment for your individual needs, you are in for a shock. Football is one of the better training grounds for learning dicipline, dedication, and teamwork. Someday when your parents cant make things happen for you, the values you learn from football will come in handy.

I wonder how all the players from Mckenzie feel about all the hooplah over Keagan after they have spent so much time working hard to be a Rebel. Will they decide they dont like the position they need to play for the team and look for somewhere else to play. I doubt it. Someone on here said there is life outside of football. This is very true and if you think society will try to make adjustment for your individual needs, you are in for a shock. Football is one of the better training grounds for learning dicipline, dedication, and teamwork. Someday when your parents cant make things happen for you, the values you learn from football will come in handy.

825691612[/snapback]

Sorry, I miss one very important point in that post, maybe the most important, Loyalty