If the Limbaugh Plan was in Place

davidlimbaugh

If Spring Fling was in the 'Boro and David Limbaugh was in

charge (The Limbaugh Plan)

Regional TOURNAMENTS:

(Format even/odd #1 hosts - odd in 2005, two games on Monday,

losers and winners meet Tuesday, winner meets loser on

Wednesday and Championship and IF on Thursday)

Regional Tournaments

Region 1

Morristown East

Science Hill

Jefferson Co

D Bennett

Region 2

South Doyle

Knox Halls

Farragut

Clinton

Region 3

Red Bank

McMinn Co

Ooltewah

Cleveland

Region 4

Lincoln Co

Riverdale

Siegel

Tullahoma

Region 5

Dickson Co

Wilson Central

Hendersonville

Clarksville

Region 6

McGavock

Overton

Franklin

Hunters Lane

Region 7

Hardin Co

Munford

Cordova

J North Side

Region 8

Collierville

Craigmont

Fairley

Houston

State Tournament Teams under the 'Limbaugh Plan':

('Projected' winner of each region tournament)

D-Bennett

Farragut

McMinn Co

Tullahoma

Wilson Central

Overton

Cordova

Houston

Riverdale's post season for example:

Monday, 4-2 win over Lincoln Co

Tuesday, 3-5 loss to Tullahoma

Wednesday, 5-3 win over Lincoln Co (Falcons won over Siegel

Tuesday night)

Thursday, a 6-1 win and then a heartbreaking 4-2 loss to Tullahoma :D

With regions as a tournament instead of M-W-F as it is now,

much fairer and more pitching needed.

With regions ending on Thursday and the Limbaugh plan

having the state tournament start on Wednesday, more

time for rain makeup and pitchers rest :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

825685067[/snapback]

for a few years now, I (and several others) have

been pushing for the 'Limbaugh' plan for baseball

region tournaments.

Instead of the Current MUST win Monday, like

to win on Wednesday, MUST win on Friday format,

a 4-team double-elimination tournament, starting

on Monday and ending on Thursday at the alternating

district's #1 team. This year it would be the odd

districts' #1 teams hosting the event.

How about we re-vise the Limbaugh plan

play the regular season from last friday in March -- move start date back two weeks b/c of cold weather .... untill the third saturday in may ...

take the top four finishers from both districts and place them into a 8-team double elimination tournament (a true double elimination, unlike the state tournament) ... take the top 2 finishers from the region tournaments and play sectional tourment (best two-of-three) higher seed host

region tournament begins 4th monday in may .. end on thursday ... sectional series 1 sat @ 4:00 or 7:00 and 2 (if neccessary on sunday)1:00 and 4:00

How about we re-vise the Limbaugh plan

play the regular season from last friday in March -- move start date back two weeks b/c of cold weather .... untill the third saturday in may ...

take the top four finishers from both districts and place them into a 8-team double elimination tournament (a true double elimination, unlike the state tournament) ... take the top 2 finishers from the region tournaments and play sectional tourment (best two-of-three) higher seed host

region tournament begins 4th monday in may .. end on thursday ... sectional series 1 sat @ 4:00 or 7:00 and 2 (if neccessary on sunday)1:00 and 4:00

825685104[/snapback]

that plan gets back to getting the collierville and houstons and tullahomas and riverdales back in thumb

but district tournaments are the 'lifeblood' of some programs, I would guess more so at lower classifications????

I also believe that thier should be a blind draw after the Region Tournaments are complete to see which Regions face each other in the Sectional Series .. that way we would have the best 8 teams reguardless of geography...

Hey .. David ... maybe we should be consultants for the TSSAA when they move Spring Fling to the Boro next .. and let us do all the scheduling .. lol

I also believe that thier should be a blind draw after the Region Tournaments are complete to see which Regions face each other in the Sectional Series .. that way we would have the best 8 teams reguardless of geography...

Hey .. David ... maybe we should be consultants for the TSSAA when they move Spring Fling to the Boro next .. and let us do all the scheduling .. lol

825685211[/snapback]

I hear ya! and I LOVE the blind draw idea. One of the fun things would be who gets what spot in the bracket <_<

825685211[/snapback]

A blind draw in that situation meaning that, say, Dobyns-Bennett would have to go play at Germantown in a sectional? Pass.

And a blind draw doesn't do anything to ensure the best 8 teams making it. If you drew region 2-AAA against region 8-AAA, I guarantee you would have been sending two of the best 8 home the last two years.

A blind draw in that situation meaning that, say, Dobyns-Bennett would have to go play at Germantown in a sectional?  Pass.

And a blind draw doesn't do anything to ensure the best 8 teams making it.  If you drew region 2-AAA against region 8-AAA, I guarantee you would have been sending two of the best 8 home the last two years.

825685273[/snapback]

I mean't a blind draw at the state tournament...

What are the chances that the tourney will come to the 'boro? Blackman, Oakland, MTSU, and Riverdale are all fine places to play ball. With all having indoor hitting facilities, teams would have a definite place to hit before the game as opposed to having to find places to hit. But, with the T$$AA it is all about the all mighty dollar.