Goodpasture Football

Perry44

Yeah Perry I'm not a fan. Have no clue what I'm talking about. You lose your top rusher in Alford, top four pass catchers in Turner, Cripps, Alford, and Tice, your senior quaterback, both punters, and your top guy in interceptions.

Quite frankly things haven't been the same since the Ricky Eberlie and Chase Eakes left in 2001. I still don't think the program ever replaced their leadership. Those linebackers were unbelievable. Eakes should have won the Mr. Football that year.

Of course the 1999 squad had Shaka Hill and Chase Eakes alternating at fullback and together rushed for nearly 2000 yards. You had Knox and Baskin who doubled as DB's and WR's and were all state caliber at both. Hart was a decent QB and their line was as solid as you get in the lower classes.

The 1996 team was probably the most talented team to ever go through. They went 14-1 losing to Webb in that title game. If I'm not mistaken Maurice and Fontenot both won Mr. Football. They were something. Of course people forget they won it in 1995 with a very similiar group. That Meigs team was something else and may have had more ablility at a number of positions. That was an enjoyable night.

But I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'll just go sit in the corner and let a 12 year old from my school run everyone else down.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way Maurice won Mr. Football was if he graduated in '97, but I thought he was a senior on the '95 team. Clint Brown from Westmoreland won it in '94 and '95. Corey Dobbs (also from Westmoreland) won the lineman Mr. Football in '95. I was a senior on the '95 Meigs team and I don't think Maurice was even a finalist in '95, but I do remember Fontenot was. They were a very good and disciplined team. It would be hard for me to believe that Goodpasture could have a better team this season.

He graduated in 96 and both he and Fontenot won it that year. But I agree they won't be better than that team this year. Brown was a heck of a player. I played against one of the Brown boys in baseball. I think it was maybe Brent but don't hold me to that. Pitcher. He could throw it pretty well as I remember.

Edited by JohnJohn

Guest catfish-hunter
im sick of everyone talking about huntington and alcoa for the state championship. Goodpasture will have one of the finest teams in state next yr. to get to the boro huntington will have to go through goodpasture in the 4th round at the cougars stadium. even though they lost pat turner they still got size and speed and unbelieveable strength. alcoa thinks they are unstoppable , but we will see on dec 2nd

825687015[/snapback]

You must not have seen what Huntingdon did to DL in the 2003 BC Bowl OR what Alcoa did to DL in last year's semifinals thumb

Why do I say DL??? Lipscomb has owned Goodpasture lately little man yet when they ran into Huntingdon and Alcoa the past two years they were beaten severely. Huntingdon could have beaten 'em by 60 in the state title game two years ago and anyone who saw that game knows it.

You need to just worry about beating the likes of DCA and CPA before you even dream of a matchup with those two teams.

yea i give up. yall are all right. goodpasture will stink it up next year and by the looks of things will barely make 5-5. im sorry i ever stated they would be good. i should probably tell them to just forfeit the whole season. what was i thinking??? they have no size, strength, speed, depth,coaching, or talent. as a matter of fact they have absolutely NOTHING. they might as well put their middle school team on the field each week. then they will have hope for the future because once again they will absoulutely get killed week in and week out. man i sure am stupid. well i better go sit in a corner john john you know your history on your cougars. ill try to go find a 12 yr old for you to let run his mouth about YOUR school. NOT. like i sad earlier and i wont take it back well see on dec. 2nd

Edited by Perry44

Guest catfish-hunter
yea i give up. yall are all right. goodpasture will stink it up next year and by the looks of things will barely make 5-5. im sorry i ever stated they would be good. i should probably tell them to just forfeit the whole season. what was i thinking???

825693592[/snapback]

Just as long as you are willing to admit it Perry thumb

I was thinking football season of 96. They officially graduated in 97. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Their senior season was 96 when they won mr football. As for Perry. I see them finishing second in the region with a 7-3 season. Respectable I think. Not doom and gloom like the melodramatic post you made. Solid not great is how I see it.