Who is the best running back in West Tennessee

Lions86

Sure ya did... :) . Well that is an ignorant thing to say since we are talking about the best runningback in West TN. When did anybody say they had to stay on the field 48 minutes a game. I don't recall that being said. The fact is he is not the best in West TN or the region. You can build him up all you want and he can bench press 320 and squat 500 all he wants but thats not gonna make him run a 4.35 OR be the best back in West TN. PERIOD!!!

825687806[/snapback]

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he seriously runs a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash he's a complete idiot, because he's playing the wrong sport.  He would be one of the fastest humans ever (faster than everyone in the NFL currently and most of the professional track athletes).

825687768[/snapback]

the fastest recorded time in a combine is something like a 4.19, so he is not faster than all professional football players.. i dont know what you have been reading.. lamarcus cooker from alcoa ran a 4.3 last yr..

I can assure you that Boo Weathers does not run a 4.35. I saw him run a 4.67 at a combine. He is a good back, I'm not taking that away. He is not even close to being the best back in Tennessee. He might the 4th best in the west behind Cooper, Guy, & Boyd. The best back in the state is Gaston Miller. The only thing Dustin Lindsey has on him is size, but in all other aspects Miller takes the trophy.

825687663[/snapback]

I talk a lot more about 2A because that is really all I have had a chance to see.

The main reason I have to go with Boo is that he does more on his own than I have seen anyone else. I don't think Boyd's as fast as Boo, but Boyd will run you over and step on your chest into the endzone.

Notice that I said from what I have SEEN.

There's a really good back in Bruceton-Hollow Rock, I wanna say his name is Orey Willis. That kid has got speed, power and moves! He pretty much did everything for Bruceton last year, and if you put him behind Alcoa, Camden, Huntingdon, or pretty much anyone with a decent O-line, he would tack up some ridiculous stats. Funny thing is, he's a sophomore this year, and last year as a freshman he posted close to 2,000 yards. Not too bad considering BHR has been down as of late. This kid has some real potential to make a lot of noise in West TN. You prolly won't even have to look for him. ESPN 96.5 FM will let you know all you need to.

And for all of you bashing on Boo's talent, you are showing a severe lack of intelligence! Even Alcoa fans can't even bash, he posted ridiculous numbers in the state title game last year. I looked at the results from last years schedule, and Alcoa pitched more than a one shut out. So it goes without saying that the D in the Tornadoes corner is pretty good. He may not be the best, but he's about as close as one can get without being #1. So don't bash on this kid's talent. He's a great back.

As for p9morbid, I'm not from Huntingdon. I'm actually a Camden fan. But, I'm not on here talking up a back from my school. I am talking up who I have seen. And from what I have seen, he's the best. But, I cuncur with what you are saying to some point.

There's a really good back in Bruceton-Hollow Rock, I wanna say his name is Orey Willis. That kid has got speed, power and moves! He pretty much did everything for Bruceton last year, and if you put him behind Alcoa, Camden, Huntingdon, or pretty much anyone with a decent O-line, he would tack up some ridiculous stats. Funny thing is, he's a sophomore this year, and last year as a freshman he posted close to 2,000 yards. Not too bad considering BHR has been down as of late. This kid has some real potential to make a lot of noise in West TN. You prolly won't even have to look for him. ESPN 96.5 FM will let you know all you need to.

825687860[/snapback]

The running back from Bruceton last year was Orey Willis, but he was a senior. His younger brother, Detris Willis, will be a junior if I'm not mistaken. The kid is HUGE, but he can't seem to stay out of trouble. He just got back from a boys home last year I believe. He could do big things if he can control himself.

The running back from Bruceton last year was Orey Willis, but he was a senior. His younger brother, Detris Willis, will be a junior if I'm not mistaken. The kid is HUGE, but he can't seem to stay out of trouble. He just got back from a boys home last year I believe. He could do big things if he can control himself.

825687885[/snapback]

Didn't know that I heard he was a freshman.... That's what I get for listening to rumors lol.

Boo's a talented young man no doubt and this year will either confirm or put to rest that he's the best back in west tn....with all the upheaval in huntingdon with their line coach gone....most of their lines graduated....a new OC that I hear wants to change the whole offensive playbook...(could it be byebye to the Wing T ?? :) ) everyone will really get to see how talented Boo & Donald are...(or aren't)...I personally see Boo doing well regardless because who needs a line when you can just run around it! ;) ....but seriously we should just let the season answer this question because I think we can all agree on one thing, Boo is a great athlete and a fine young man.

Boo is a great athlete and a fine young man.

825688093[/snapback]

Agreed. As much as we like to talk on here though it really doesn't make or break anything. The only thing I really see any of this being good for is to save a person from boredom and for motivation in some cases.

Agreed. As much as we like to talk on here though it really doesn't make or break anything. The only thing I really see any of this being good for is to save a person from boredom and for motivation in some cases.

825688102[/snapback]

Ain't it the truth :lol: ...I hate to admit it but I have re-read every line of every thread from last season that has anything to do with Camden or 6-2a at least three times...its sad really....August is still too far away!....I hate to think of the topics we are going to come up with between now and then...."Top Pop Warner Players that went on to be top high school players that went on to be top college players from (insert school name here)"....... :D

ONE of the bests backs in West Tennessee will Be a Linebacker at the University of Tennessee and he's only a Junior this upcoming season.

height- 6'3 and growing!

Weight- 215 and getting bigger!

Last 40 time at speed camp- 4.490 (Confirmed by scouts)

Rushed for 1,100 yds freshman year 2003-2004

Rushed for 1,600 yds sophomore year. 2004-2005

2005-2006- ????

2006-2007-????

Did I mention he's also a Honor student (3.2 gpa) taking all HONORS classes (His mom is a teacher and she aint having it! Dad aint a pushover himself) thumb In church and never into trouble and will always say yes sir and no sir regardless of who you are.

All state both years and has started to have the passion for the game that will send him over the top! ( He's still learning the game)

Call me biased or whatever, but college scouts are drooling over the kid! He will have his choice of any school in the nation if he chooses. He will be in the top 10 or possibly top 5 in the nation his senior year if he keeps working hard and plays like he usually does on Friday nights. Former Titans Tightend Frank Wycheck said it all during the past two State championship games he attended..." Chris Donald is the man amongst boys out there and the purest athlete I have seen in many years. Not only in this game but in all of the high school games I have broadcasted"

That was plenty to say for a 15 year old at the time!

Out of all of those backs you all claim to be the best, which one's will have those options?, size, speed and grades and a great attitude that makes scouts Drive miles to see them play on Friday night. Im not knocking any of the kids they are all tremendous athletes and hopefully great citizens in the community, but there is more than a good forty time that makes the BEST player in any area.

Anything can happen and the future is not guaranteed but .....For now my choice for the Best ALL AROUND player in West Tennessee is ........

Chris Donald of the Huntingdon Mustangs!!

Edited by Reignydayz

ONE of the bests back in West Tennessee will Be a Linebacker at the University of Tennessee and he's only a Junior this upcoming season.

height- 6'3 and growing!

Weight- 215 and getting bigger!

Last 40 time at speed camp- 4.490 (Confirmed by scouts)

Rushed for 1,100 yds freshman year 2003-2004

Rushed for 1,600 yds sophomore year. 2004-2005

2005-2006- ????

2006-2007-????

Did I mention he's also a Honor student (3.2 gpa) taking all HONORS classes (His mom is a teacher and she aint having it! Dad aint a pushover himself) thumb In church and never into trouble and will always say yes sir and no sir regardless of who you are.

All state both years and has started to have the passion for the game that will send him over the top! ( He's still learning the game)

Call me biased or what ever, but college scouts are drooling over the kid! He will have his choice of any school in the nation if he chooses. He will be in the top 10 or possibly top 5 in the nation his senior year.

Out of all of those backs you all claim to be the best which one's will have those options, size, speed and grades and a great attitude that makes scouts Drive miles to see them play on Friday night. Im not knocking any of the kids the are all tremendous athletes and hopefully great citizens in the community, but there is more than a good forty time that makes BEST player in any area.

Anything can happen and the future is not guaranteed but .....For now my choice for the Best ALL AROUND  player in West Tennessee is ........

Chris Donald of the Huntingdon Mustangs!!

825688939[/snapback]

Can't argue that.

If he seriously runs a 4.35 in the 40 yard dash he's a complete idiot, because he's playing the wrong sport.  He would be one of the fastest humans ever (faster than everyone in the NFL currently and most of the professional track athletes).

825687768[/snapback]

Hey p9.... We had a dude on here from Milan last year that said Dylan Walker from Milan ran a 4.23 forty. No kiddin.. I went back and checked the post. What do think about that? :blink: