Copper Basin reneging on contract to play Polk!

boothman

all i have to say is basin needs to learn some class and take a loss when they come to you, as would have happened about fifty to nothing anyway. but if you want a good program you have to build it from the ground up. i have never liked basin but i will tell you this what kind of program backs out of a game that is less than three months away? copper basin ;) they have no class and if there is a wall of shame, you need a pic of their team. what a disgrace, that is all i say

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After all is said and done, this is probably the best thing for us. We want somebody that's going to challenge us and help us get better as the season goes on. " - Coach Davis to the Cleveland Daily Banner

Not only is that the utimate slap at Basin, he's right. Other than the gate and the bragging rights, Polk gets nothing out of that game, well execet the "W". But that is a program on the rise and they would probably benefit better playing a little tougher competition that what CB would offer.

I'm afraid CB is headed in the wrong direction. That was once a great program with lots of pride and tradition. How long are the people of Copper Hill going to tolerate that type of behavior from the head coach and administration?

"After all is said and done, this is probably the best thing for us. We want somebody that's going to challenge us and help us get better as the season goes on. " - Coach Davis to the Cleveland Daily Banner

Not only is that the utimate slap at Basin, he's right.  Other than the gate and the bragging rights, Polk gets nothing out of that game, well execet the "W".  But that is a program on the rise and they would probably benefit better playing a little tougher competition that what CB would offer.

I'm afraid CB is headed in the wrong direction.  That was once a great program with lots of pride and tradition.  How long are the people of Copper Hill going to tolerate that type of behavior from the head coach and administration?

825690598[/snapback]

Here is the problem with the people who have posted remarks on this topic... they isn't a one of ya'll that has a clue of what is going on and what has been goin on. First and formost goin back to the same acticle in the Cleveland Banner that Polk Co. Principal said that there hasn't been any incidents between Polk and Basin. Well first off Polk Co. Trashed the field at Copper Basin with 20 to 30 Garbage Bags of confetti which came from businesses in the Benton area and also made during the school day while the student was in class. Now I know what is goin to be said that Basin did the same thing the year before. No it was a handful of confetti and if you want proof I have Pictures. That is classless. However there is more. There was a DVD made not to just celebrate the win, which was fine, but to discriminate the people of the BAsin. Classless. Also, the leaders of the class of 2004, the valdictorian and/or salutatorian, made the statement that the best thing they learned over thier four years was to HATE Basin. I guess that was what the discussed when they burned up the shredder making confetti. Once again Classless. Not to mention that Copper Basin is getting tired of the fact that everything Copper basin needs Polk Co. gets something else. Basin needed a school and they got it but they wasn't going to get it unless Polk Co. got a field and fieldhouse. The two ends of the county are not treated equally and that is the reason for stopping play. Copper Basin isn't afraid because for 10 years now Copper Basin has played a school that triples them in size and has beat them 7 out of the 10 times. If you want to talk about afraid why did Polk really go to 3-A? Maybe it was the fact that BOyd moved up, who Basin has been playin, and now they knew they couldn't compete with them and tyner. Plus Boyd's coach ask them for a game and the comment was that they was full when they wasn't. Also,The deal with Murphy and Marion Co. and the forfeit is misquoted. What was said is that Copper Basin would take a forfeit before they would let Polk Co decide for them. Therefore., Polk Co picks up a team that Basin is already playin in Andrews, N.C., which is also 1A, because of better competition. Well first of all both teams are playin them and next Basin Has beat Andrews the past four years in preseason scrimmages. Now if you want to talk about the past th the people from Polk need to keep their mouth shut because it hasn't been anything but W instead it has been all Ls for PolK Co.. As you can plainly see this is not a deal of not wanting to play Polk it is a deal of unfair treatment as a whole to this community. Because Basin has never back down from anybody even when in 2002 Polk was #5 in the sate and The Cougars from Copper Basin rolled in kicked butt and then took names. That goes to show nothings a guarantee. Therefore before you go talkin about people you need to get the facts and gutless to me mean not saying it to someones face exactly what was done by Coach Davis probably with the helping hand of his daddy who he has to ask permission first. Oh yeah the so called Basin fan who said this was a disgrace to the community is not a true Basin and will never be because like the others on here you don't know what is goin on either.

COUGAR BORN, COUGARS BRED, WHEN I DIE I WILL BE COUGAR DEAD

Cougarforever, why should school board politics affect a football game. You got one thing correct in your post, it was the PCHS fans that created the confetti blizzard. As far as students making the confetti during school, everyone has an activity period.

The DVD was made to celebrate being County champs just like any other time that POlk or Basin wins the game. I'm sure it hurt your feelings, but it was not meant for you to watch. How did you think you would feel after watching it? HAppy?

The reason Polk picked up Andrews was out of necessity, because someone backed out of a game 2 months before it was to be played. I really doubt there are many teams with incomplete schedules at this time of year.

This game was cancelled because of jealousy and fear, everything else is excuses. And cougarforever, proofread or get someone to write your posts for you, that makes all Basin Alumni look bad. And just so you will know, I am a Polk grad, I do know what is going on, and you should know by my last quote. As was stated in 2001 at Cougar stadium over the PA system, after being dominated by the Wildcats, "THE DANCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED". Looks like this time for good.

• 2 weeks later...

1st off this was a terrible act by the leaders of Copper Basin to go out and cancel the game this close to game time. But Polk going out and bashing basin is very gutless and shows no class at all. The fans of the Basin area are very unhappy that the game has been canceled and the players even more so. But Polk has no right to say Basin is scare! The fans and players have done all they could but cannot make the decisions that the few executives that canceled the game did. But if Polk wants to start bashing then i believe Basin can do just as much. Winning 7 out of the last 10 is not very good and it was actually Polk who ended the series before the last break because Basin had became a great team and Polk County couldnt do anything with them so they stopped the game. Basin is not afraid of Polk and never will be! The series will be continued one day mark my words. Basin is not classless nor gutless and anyone who thinks that is wrong. I speak for the entire community when i say that Basin has a lot more class than Polk and that they are not afraid and would love nothing more than for the rivalry to be continued. And as far as what Tigercat said, just meet any of them on the street and say that to theire face instead of running your mouth.