Will Morris go to Motlow?

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

yeah i agree motlow is the best place for him right now i would rather be coached by my dad then that CRAZY MAN!!!!! lou pinella

825687802[/snapback]

Question...if scouts are questioning his mechanics, how is playing for his Dad going to help? Obviously, his Dad hasn't either noticed a problem with his mechanics or didn't know there was a problem with his mechanics. If the scouts were really interested, but concerned about this, I would imagine that something would have been said long ago. So, why didn't he change? Either way, going in 3rd round is something to be very proud of....hope it all works out for him.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to understand that this is a BUSINESS decision. These are some questions that the Morris family has to answer.

1. What type of bonus and contract will he be offered as a 3rd round selection

2. Will his chances to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round be higher if he attends Motlow for 2 years.

3. Does he want to risk injury by playing in college

4. If he does have problems with his mechanics, would he be better off signing and going to rookie ball.

5. How many 1st or 2nd round picks has Motlow ever had and do they know how to get him to the next level.

6. Would he be better off going to a top 10 D1 program?

Just some observations on some of you guys comments...

1. He can still go play D-1, but why would he and have to spend 3 years there.

2. The D-Rays have 11 months to sign Bryan to a contract. If they fail to do so he can be redrafted next summer.

3. Mechanics are the least of his worries.

and finally....HE WILL BE A BUCK NEXT SPRING!!!

Question...if scouts are questioning his mechanics, how is playing for his Dad going to help?  Obviously, his Dad hasn't either noticed a problem with his mechanics or didn't know there was a problem with his mechanics.  If the scouts were really interested, but concerned about this, I would imagine that something would have been said long ago.  So, why didn't he change?  Either way, going in 3rd round is something to be very proud of....hope it all works out for him.

825687814[/snapback]

more practice, 2 months of fall practice and games 4 months next spring and summer ball he will have alot more time to mechanics and other pitchs more P.T BABY!!!!!!

more practice, 2 months of fall practice and games 4 months next spring and summer ball he will have alot more time to mechanics and other pitchs more P.T BABY!!!!!!

825687864[/snapback]

Just a couple of questions...I have known Brian for a long time and anyone could tell he was going to be special..I think the kids and especially the parents get so much smoke blown up you know where that if all the sidleine predictions dont come to be, then it is all a big disappointment to everyone..this is a decision that will effect Brian for the rest of his life..lets give him time to think and come to HIS decision, not some one elses...he should be very proud of what he accomplished so far and what he will do in the future...One final thought...if brian is a legitimate 1-5 round pick which I think that he is, the best thing for him may be to not play at the juco level, go to a D1 school and get top level coaching and training.. I dont see him getting that at motlow...How many players have they had get to the top level anyway????Just wondering...sometimes getting away from family and friends turns out to be a very good move...anyway, BEST OF LUCK BRIAN

Just a couple of questions...I have known Brian for a long time and anyone could tell he was going to be special..I think the kids and especially the parents get so much smoke blown up you know where that if all the sidleine predictions dont come to be, then it is all a big disappointment to everyone..this is a decision that will effect Brian for the rest of his life..lets give him time to think and come to HIS decision, not some one elses...he should be very proud of what he accomplished so far and what he will do in the future...One final thought...if brian is a legitimate 1-5 round pick which I think that he is,  the best thing for him may be to not play at the juco level, go to a D1 school and get top level coaching and training..  I dont see him getting that at motlow...How many players have they had get to the top level anyway????Just wondering...sometimes getting away from family and friends turns out to be a very good move...anyway,  BEST OF LUCK BRIAN

825687934[/snapback]

coach rhoten and coach morris are better then most D1 coaches they were the national runnerups in 2000 13 draft pick in last 15 years and probably 2 tomorrow dave weathers was drafted strait out of motlow and he has had a fine career motlow has a great program i would not be surpised if they won the tjccaa tourny and go on to jc world series plus 6 all-americans the last 6 years

Edited by mjuhb

coach rhoten and coach morris are better then most D1 coaches they were the national runnerups in 2000 13 draft pick in last 15 years and probably 2 tomorrow  dave weathers was drafted strait out of motlow and he has had a fine career motlow has a great program i would not be surpised if they won the tjccaa tourny and go on to jc world series plus 6 all-americans the last 6 years

825687944[/snapback]

Did not say that rhoton and morris were not good coaches...just said that if Brian is a true 1-5 rd pick...then he really should be better off to play at a good D1 school, not juco...I am assuming that Brian is a good student in the classroom so grades for a larger school should not be a problem..just trying to say that players sometimes seem to mature better away from family or any other distractions of any kind...BUT what I really was trying to say is that the decision should in the end be left up to the one that matters MOST...Brian himself

i say go for the money he would prob be in durham a few weeks into the season if he does well, and you can't just turn down that kind of money it's stupid to. he could end his career messing around at the college level; the minors are in place to get young talent players ready for the next level - just my opinion -

825687979[/snapback]

Thats true too... at any level, you are always one pitch away from being hurt and then?????...It must be a great feeling knowing that as a 17 or 18 yr old young man, the world is so full of such exciting and possibly highly rewarding choices...I know Brian will do whats best for himself..

Did not say that rhoton and morris were not good coaches...just said that if Brian is a true 1-5 rd pick...then he really should be better off to  play at a good D1 school, not juco...I am assuming that Brian is a good student in the classroom so grades for a larger school should not be a problem..just trying to say that players sometimes seem to mature  better away from family or any other distractions of any kind...BUT what I really was trying to say is that the decision should in the end be left up to the one that matters  MOST...Brian himself

825687968[/snapback]

no you did say that