Who is the best QB in Knoxville area?

SS55

I appreciate your opinion, but D1-A coaches simply don't agree with you. Cody has been invited to prospect camps at Bama, UT, Louisville, and Ohio State. Louisville and Ohio State are actively recruiting Cody. I guess those coaches forgot to consult you, right? :ph34r:

Getting invites is not as hard as you seem to think. Whether you get that follow up call tells the tell. :P

825690076[/snapback]

Thanks, Glee, but I know how it works. Again, there's more than just camp invitations in this case.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody is in my (slightly biased) opinion the best QB in the state. One simply cannot expect a freshman to come in to region 3-4A and be the best there to all who said GQ's latest project will be great this year. Maryville is the king of the hill until someone knocks them off thats true but lets leave them out of the QB discussion for another two years. Cody has a stronger more accurate arm then Zach as well as better lateral quickness and straight line speed. Not to mention he is tougher then Zach, ever seen Helton play defense?

On top of that Cody makes infinately better decisions with the ball in his hands. I seem to remember Zach pitching the ball to his tail back who was standing 9 yards behind the line to avoid a sack last year. A great QB knows when to eat it too.

as far as the Coach Lowe vs. Cody discussion as a kid who spends a lot of time around both i would think that Coach Lowe would be the first to say that cody is probably the better player and i can assure you cody is the one of the two more likely to get into a fight with some one twice his size and be the one doing the scaring.

HTV from what cody is saying he is running legit 4.4s with champion training and ran very well at the MTSU camp. Heard one account that cody was the fastest there and a maryville fan tells me he was second to the rebs own Ryan tallent. Either way Cody has been working hard but your information is correct he has never been timed under 4.5 running with the PHS coaches timiing

Played against him last year in probably his worst game all season and was still impressive. Good QB, just has to learn to take the sack, threw two picks under pressure last year.

825689679[/snapback]

Probably the greatest point made about Harb in this whole post. Yes he can throw far and had alot of passing yards but the thing that stood out to me was his lack of intelligence under pressure. He played scared and sometimes stupid. No doubt the boy has talent, but being a great quarterback cant just rely on numbers. His psychology need to drastically mature.

Edited by Fballman685

You know I was just thinking, if you were to put Zack and Cody on teams that are not surrounded with talent, would they turn the team around. How good would other QB's in Knoxville be if they had some of the players that Zack and Cody had? How good would Cody be without Lee Smith? How good would Zack have been without Terrance Scott? Would Joey Feigler, at Alcoa, be as good as everyone says without Warren and Lindsey?

You know I was just thinking, if you were to put Zack and Cody on teams that are not surrounded with talent, would they turn the team around.  How good would other QB's in Knoxville be if they had some of the players that Zack and Cody had?  How good would Cody be without Lee Smith?  How good would Zack have been without Terrance Scott? Would Joey Feigler, at Alcoa, be as good as everyone says without Warren and Lindsey?

825690711[/snapback]

Good support makes good QB's.....period.

this is a valid point, however no matter how good the cast is the Q has to get them the ball. At any rate the question was in anyone better then Zach Helton and ur hypothetical situation made me think of another one that settles it. Put Zach and Cody on the same team and which one of them would start at QB and who would get moved to reciever and the only intelligent move would be to move helton outside and leave cody under center

Cody is about 6'2 and a very very cut 185-190 hes a big kid to be as agile and fast as he is. And i just can't get the image of helton slinging the ball to gaston just before being sacked when gaston was about 6 yards directly behind helton. Watts threw for 19 tds and only three ints last season, where helton threw for the same number of tds, 19, and one more interception. I believe Zach may have actually had more attempts last year but how many of those were little tunnel screens and bubble screens. I think i have to give the decision edge to watts.

Panthers08 im not saying that i dont dis agree w/ you on the moving Zac from the Qb spot if both were on the same team. But didnt Cody play running back his sophomore year. That would give him more experience at another position and Zac has always played Qb as far as i know so why move him. Im not saying your wrong or anything but i just want to know your reasoning.

Panthers08 im not saying that i dont dis agree w/ you on the moving Zac from the Qb spot if both were on the same team. But didnt Cody play running back his sophomore year. That would give him more experience at another position and Zac has always played Qb as far as i know so why move him. Im not saying your wrong or anything but i just want to know your reasoning.

825691167[/snapback]

Watts played tailback for 4 games in his sophomore year before getting hurt. He came back late in the season and saw a few snaps at WR and DB.

I'm not sure if Todd lived in the Central zone or not. I thought he lived in the Inskip area which could be the Central zone. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But the point that Todd or Zach do not live in the zone is irrelevant. Joel Helton is the head coach and does anyone really think they would play anywhere else. He is the father/uncle of these guys. Zach grew up going to the Ftn City schools because his dad was a teacher at Central. If Zach was not a good player or had gotten injured and could never play, he would still go to Central.

Do not try to compare Zach's going to Central with the Burnettes shopping their kid around and then moving to that area. That's apples and oranges.