Scorekeeping Clinic

TheGreatLineJudge

We got postcards announcing the new season (and new website). I figured the readership would appreciate the following little tidbit:

Middle Tennessee Volleyball Association (MTVBA) is hosting scorekeepers' clinics in August. I've heard that they went very well in seasons past. Clinics will be...

August 4, 2005 - 7 pm @ Ezell-Harding Christian School

August 8, 2005 - 7 pm @ Goodpasture Christian School

All are welcome and more than encouraged to attend. I know from personal experience that a good scorekeeper is a Godsend, and bad scorekeepers.. well... aren't. I think that if anyone from West TN or East TN wants to attend, they will be happy to have you. This year's clinic will be especially important considering the libero has entered the picture

If anyone here has attended the clinic in the past, please post and share your experience!!

If anyone has any questions about the clinic, post and I'll find out what I can for you.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

Thanks, GLJ, for letting us know when and where. I have attended the scorekeepers clinic for the last 3 years. I can tell you that the top officials in the state are teaching the clinic and they are excellent. You'll get hands on training with real volleyball situations discussed.

Please, please, if you are going to be a scorekeeper - or you know who will be the scorekeeper for your team, please, please attend this clinic. Scorekeepers really need to be on the same page(so-to-speak) during the matches. It's also very hard for one scorekeeper that is properly trained to try to teach the scorekeeper from another team what to do during an actual match.

• 1 month later...

Bump! Remember that the first clinic is tonight @ 7 pm at Ezell-Harding Christian School.

Short and blunt directions:

I-24 West, exit 59 (Bell Rd), turn right. Drive approx 2.1 miles, E-H will be on your right.

I-24 East, exit 59 (Bell Rd), turn left. (Hwy 254 East)

To make a custom map for yourself, the address in question is:

574 Bell Rd., Antioch, TN

EVERYONE, regardless of middle school or high school level, who is interested in scorekeeping/will be scorekeeping is encouraged to attend.

Basic scorekeeping, with special attention to the LIBERO TRACKER, will be discussed. Hope to see many of you there!

Good clinic! If you didn't go last night I definitely recommend going to GoodPasture on Monday. The officials were VERY patient and willing to answer any and all questions.

I had been keeping score for some time but never knew there was a clinic to show me how to properly do it. Definitely worth my time last night. Thanks for posting this.

Glad to know you enjoyed the clinic, keeps.

Visit MapQuest.com to make yourself a set of custom directions to Goodpasture. The address in question is

619 Due West Ave

Madison, TN 37115

Again, anyone and everyone who is interested in scorekeeping or will be a scorekeeper this season is STRONGLY encouraged to attend. It helps you to understand the game better, and it helps us to have more competent scorekeepers. Now, if we can just do a line judge clinic (and get lots of people to come!), we'll be looking good.

Hope to see many of you there!

I heard at Brentwood today that Cowboys Up was at this clinic and helped immensely.  Volleyball needs more people like Cowboys Up who are dedicated to the sport and willing to sacrfice time to help others.  Thanks for all you do CU.

825710247[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words, Pageman...I really don't know if I help or hinder during those meetings. My dedication pales in comparison to yours, however, and you're dedicated to all the Page sports, not just volleyball. My hat is off to you, my friend. thumb

Besides...it's easy to be enthusiastic about volleyball...it's a great sport!

...I really don't know if I help or hinder  during those meetings. 

825710262[/snapback]

Funny, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you were definitely more of a help -- I thought so anyway :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, Pageman...I really don't know if I help or hinder  during those meetings.  My dedication pales in comparison to yours, however, and you're dedicated to all the Page sports, not just volleyball.  My hat is off to you, my friend. thumb

825710262[/snapback]

You were a fantastic help, CU. You are much appreciated by other scorekeepers and officials alike.

P.S. Get out of the stands and go keep score! :lol:

Announcements