Class AA: Region 3 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

This may be the most competitive region in the Chattanooga area.  There are really four very competitive teams, with some great tradition and history.  Tyner, Boyd, Sequatchie, Marion. 

Tyner has got to be the favorite in my opinion.  Until they are beaten by a region opponent I think you have to consider them the favorite.

Boyd will be a great challenger but the BB schedule is as tough as any in the state.  That will have to come ready to play every night, there is a not a lookout valley and copper basin on this schedule, but boyd is not one to back down so I would expect them to be in the hunt come week 10.

Sequatchie and Marion are both programs on the rise IMHO.  Both have good coaches and great facilities and fantastic community support.  It may be a little to early to see either of them taking over Tyner just yet, but they will both be competitive this season and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was able to knock off a tyner or a boyd.

825689999[/snapback]

You sound like you have some good insight on this region and football in the Chattanooga area.

Welcome to the board! thumb

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyner is still loaded. Boyd will be good. Listen people Tyner is loaded.

The details will be out shortly.

825690133[/snapback]

...If it was any indication of what I saw in the spring games a lot of folks just really don't understand how "loaded" Tyner really is...(can't wait for the details)

I know losing two running backs that could probably start at any school in Tennessee, and losing one incredible line backer.  We have some rebuilding to do, but Tyner always has players step up and fill the spot.  They will dominate this region again. Boyd will be lucky to get past a tough Marion team

825690489[/snapback]

This Region will come down to Boyd and Tyner and I'm picking Tyner to win it......

I know losing two running backs that could probably start at any school in Tennessee, and losing one incredible line backer.  We have some rebuilding to do, but Tyner always has players step up and fill the spot.  They will dominate this region again. Boyd will be lucky to get past a tough Marion team

825690489[/snapback]

...The RAMS always seem to have an exceptional stable of rb's...yes, losing Desmond Hendricks( Mr. Football Lineman in 2A) was hard, however, if you have been following Tyner football you will note that as you say "players step up and fill the spot...just a question who those player(s) will be...I have an idea(on the defensive side of the ball) who that will be but I won't say until the real season begins!!!

...Oh, and I wouldn't underestimate Boyd-B...they are coming off two(2) consecutive years of going to the State...remember how good Tyner was after going to the Clinic Bowl in 1996 & 1997...they had to go to Lipscomb in 1998 and had it not been for Jermaine Harris getting hurt in the 2nd quarter they probably would have won that game!!! Boyd-B will be good and it should be a great game for the fans!!!

Whats up with that post.........I'm pulling for Tyner and now you wanna disrespect me like that........Yeah your right I don't know, but neither do you and we won't know until the season is over..... thumb

825690748[/snapback]

...Sorry, no disrespect intended...I was just looking for someone to make a report on Jasper...if anyone was to ask me about a report on Boyd-B. I wouldn't consider it being disrepectful...if I had some info, I would report it...if I didn't I would say so...(thinking to myself----I thought this was a thread about all Region 3-2A) <_<