CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Boyd wears Tyner down. Tyner will wear Boyd out. I hope this game isn't even close. Boyd is going to have to work hard just to finish second. I hope Marion, Sequatchie, and Bledsoe beat Boyd. Boyd lost alot of talent from last years team, alot of holes to fill in. Tyner will be to quick for Boyd to keep up with!

No way Boyd wears Tyner down.  Tyner will wear Boyd out.  I hope this game isn't even close.  Boyd is going to have to work hard just to finish second. I hope Marion, Sequatchie, and Bledsoe beat Boyd.  Boyd lost alot of talent from last years team,  alot of holes to fill in. Tyner will be to quick for Boyd to keep up with!

825693047[/snapback]

Yeah Boyd lost alot of players, but they can just go to Alabama and Georgia and find players to replace them.........I want Tyner to win the Region and yea it would be great it Marion,Bledsoe, or Sequatchie could beat Boyd......

Boyd will be quicker in then trenches and more conditioned than tyner will they will wear tyner down thats why i think Boyd will take the region! thumb

825692787[/snapback]

...When Tyner & Boyd play in Week 10, I do not think conditioningwill be an issue for either team...both will have probably played the toughest schedule for either school...I normally don't make a statement like this: "but I seriously doubt that Boyd will be quicker than Tyner in the trenches"( or anywhere else for that matter)...I do agree that it will be a good game, however, with the game being played @ Tyner and with the Region title on the line, I feel confident that the "RAMS" will be victorious!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thats the reason I think Tyner will win the Region, but I think that Boyd would make it farther in the playoffs, because they have more players and don't get tired as easy as Tyner will........

825690924[/snapback]

What is the difference in 1 or 2 weeks. Boyd and Tyner play week 10 and the playoffs start the next week. Your comment makes no sense because if the Tyner players are not tired by week 10, then they will be fine entering into the playoffs. I know first hand that Boyd has lost a lot from last years team. I am with Coach Akins every night and I am constantly getting updates on how the team is progressing. Do not believe for one second that Boyd will be down. The upcoming seniors have felt the joys of winning the State Championship and the pain of losing it twice. Replacing the whole back field will be hard especially Matt Henley. Filling in for me, Drew Akins #11, will be Weston Perry who has played a considerable amount of time in blow out games and shown great promise. Matt Peardon #23 will be replaced by Anthony Hathaway, who as Dad/Coach Akins says has the potential to be better than Peardon. The defense has some large question marks and a considerable amount of inexperience, but are also under one of, in my opinion, one of the greatest coaching staffs in Tennessee and will have hopefully hit stride by season time. If there are anymore questions about Boyds team in 2005 ask, I should know.

Yeah they proved their great coaching abilities in the S.E. Tennessee / N.W. Georgia all-star game.

825695984[/snapback]

That might be the stupidest comment I have ever heard. An all-star game is totally different than running a actual team. The coaching staff has a month to get this team together and get it running like they like it. I can promise you that there is not another coaching staff in this area that prepares harder for a game then Boyds. There might be equals but none will surpass them. Please name another team that has been playing in December the past three years then i will say you have a good argument.

Edited by bucs11

What is the difference in 1 or 2 weeks.  Boyd and Tyner play week 10 and the playoffs start the next week.  Your comment makes no sense because if the Tyner players are not tired by week 10, then they will be fine entering into the playoffs.  I know first hand that Boyd has lost a lot from last years team.  I am with Coach Akins every night and I am constantly getting updates on how the team is progressing.  Do not believe for one second that Boyd will be down.  The upcoming seniors have felt the joys of winning the State Championship and the pain of losing it twice.  Replacing the whole back field will be hard especially Matt Henley.  Filling in for me, Drew Akins #11, will be Weston Perry who has played a considerable amount of time in blow out games and shown great promise.  Matt Peardon #23 will be replaced by Anthony Hathaway, who as Dad/Coach Akins says has the potential to be better than Peardon.  The defense has some large question marks and a considerable amount of inexperience, but are also under one of, in my opinion, one of the greatest coaching staffs in Tennessee and will have hopefully hit stride by season time.  If there are anymore questions about Boyds team in 2005 ask, I should know.

825695953[/snapback]

Tyner will be ready for this game because this will be the biggest and most important game of the year....granting that Tyner or Boyd gets upset by Bledsoe,Marion, or Sequatchie.........Don't overlook Sequatchie or Marion......I was saying that Tyner will be ready for the game against Boyd but Boyd will go farther in the playoffs because of there depth on the bench.......Remember Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Tyner , or Marion are not private schools........So they don't have the right to go out and recruit players, unlike Boyd..........