Class AA: Region 6 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Some of you know how our returning starters play....even though some of them are going to show some improvement, but don't let it fool you about these guys that didn't start last year. They have some talent and I'm sure it will show after a couple of our games this year.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few answers to some of the lingering questions.

Who is the Favorite?

If you havent heard Lewis Co. only lost 5 starters,and return with two groups of undefeated middle school teams added to their roster.Also, many people are seeing that this might be the year that a strong offensive line will finally be around to help the skilled Backs and recievers. Defensively the Panthers are lead by MLB Zach "Moe" Wright. 8 returning starters are in the mix on defense

Camden brings back a whole heap of talent from a remarkable team last year. Josh and Byron Boyd seem to be the leaders of a Once unstoppable offense.Although i see weakness in Offensive line and also the defensive side of the ball. Many teams in Region 6- bring a powerhouse offense: Lewis Co.,Riverside,Adamsville,Loretto,Richland,Waverly. These will be tests of talent seen every Friday. Seems to me that this region can be compared with the SEC anyone can be beat any game.

Parsons have a gem in back Hunter Smith,often underrated, he will certainly turn some heads this year. Parsons brings with them a load of offensive talent to the table and can be compared to be just as good as Camden or Lewis ,But I place them 3rd on my Favorites list because of a weak defense,this will be seen in weeks to come but with their offense they will still compete with anyone they play.

The Favorite will be decided on the three weeks of October 14 -28, when all of these teams have to face one another..................................................

If there is one thing to be guranteed in this Region, It is  Far from picking a favorite,exspecially without alot of arguments to be brought up. thumb

(October 14)                          (October 21)                      (October 28)

Parsons@Lewis                    Camden@Parsons                Lewis@Camden

825689757[/snapback]

I don't know what you have been told, but Camden didn't lose a lot of starters. And the holes the are left will be filled. There's a lot of talent coming up into that program. Noone on the team benches less than 200 lbs. That's strength there, my friend. And the speed is back, so I don't see where they will be any weaker than last year on either side of the ball. Here's two players you didn't see much last year, but expect to see them a lot this year. They will fill in a few of the defensive and offensive holes.

# 35- Chase Horton- Soph. RB/LB This guy's a head hunter. Has been since little league. Oh, and he's put on a lot of size too.

# 86- Kyle Combs- Soph. TE/DE This kid's got great technique, decent speed and quickness, and is very strong. He's not the smallest guy around, either.

I only named these two players because they are the only ones I could think of right off the top of my head. What I am getting at here is that the team you saw from Camden last year will be much improved. Coach Ward is in his third year now, and the team is rallying around him and the rest of the coaching staff. Bryce Wilbanks is returning. If you don't know who I am talking about, you will soon. He's a wig splitter, and he's blazing fast. The whole defense if full of ballhawks. In the scrimmages against Milan and Union City this spring, the defense was more than dominant. It was AWESOME. Expect to get hit hard. I remember playoffs last year when the region 5 teams were claiming Camden didn't play very physical football. I hope you learned your lesson. Because if you didn't and you are expecting them to come in and finesse you, you are gonna be in for a long night.

The same can be said for Riverside. Those guys have been in the tough region for a while, and they know how to hit. You better be ready for a game when you play either of these teams.

I personally didn't see anything out of Lewis Co. last year that would lead me to believe this year will be any different. But that's just my opinion, and I have been wrong.

R, Lets hope the Camden football team does not have the same mentality as you, because if they do, it could be a long season.  One good season does not make a dynasty. ;)

825690183[/snapback]

no but in this case one good season starts one! thumb oh and it'll be a long season for the Lions alright...about as long as the first week in December anyway!!! :P I'm sorry ya'll I just had to say it...he made it way too easy :ph34r:

Edited by tamirrt

no but in this case one good season starts one! thumb oh and it'll be a long season for the Lions alright...about as long as the first week in December anyway!!! :P  I'm sorry ya'll I just had to say it...he made it way too easy :ph34r:

825690186[/snapback]

Does Camden's season usually last that long? Oh wait, last year was the first time they were still playing after the first round. My bad. ;)

Edited by chucky

Ekard, I appreciate the roster ,but to tell you the truth ,i dont really care if Camden or Riverside believe Lewis Co. will live up to its former form.If you havent heard,we love being underdogs,its where we play best. Oh and by the wayI stand by my last post. Plus i think we should come as a complete surprise nothing shoud be expected. :lol:

R, Lets hope the Camden football team does not have the same mentality as you, because if they do, it could be a long season.  One good season does not make a dynasty. :lol:

825690183[/snapback]

And your team is a dynasty? Who was talking about dynasties? Where did this dynasty talk come about? And just what mentality are you talking about? I think you are making things up chucky. It's people of your intelligence that promote birth control. I never mentioned a dynasty. You did. I was talking about last year and next year. That hardly constitutes a dynasty. Yet the profoundness of your statement has deeply moved me. I have been put back into my place.....

Edited by rcombs

Ekard, I appreciate the roster ,but to tell you the truth ,i dont really care if Camden or Riverside believe Lewis Co. will live up to its former form.If you havent heard,we love being underdogs,its where we play best. Oh and by the wayI stand by my last post. Plus i think we should come as a complete surprise nothing shoud be expected. :o

825690363[/snapback]

Well, you just keep telling yourself things like that and maybe one day, you'll eat your broccoli, drink your milk, you'll grow big and strong, and learn to believe these lies you tell yourself to comfort you, and thus allowing you to sleep at night. But, one day, when you are grown up big and strong you'll spend many sleepless nights realizing the denial you have been living under and join the rest of us in the real world. But don't fret precious, I'm here. I'll guide you into the truth around mid October. :lol:

Edited by rcombs

I agree, Camden has the best overall team in the region: motivation, dedication, talent, and teamwork. They have what it takes to get the job done, but I am a firm believe that they can be beaten in a region game. I'm not saying its going to happen for sure but it is possible. As for Lewis Co, I know you guys are going to be good. I never said that you wouldn't be. I just don't think the team will be back at the status they had a couple of years ago just yet. It will take a year or two to get to the level of hype you guys had when Sharp was a senior.

Edited by RHS2006

How in the world does riverside get 5 votes? <_<

825690588[/snapback]

Sympathy votes!!!! Rcombs has some the most insiteful and educated posts I have seen on here. But, Camden has one minor problem, a coach that does not want to play any underclassman even though he has the talent on the bench. I agree about Kyle Combs also, he has the size and the speed to make changes in a game but with a quarterback that does not want to throw him the ball, He will have to make his mark on the defensive side. Look for some great things out of this talented kid!!! thumb

Edited by CaliforniaCamdenLionLover

Sympathy votes!!!! Rcombs has some the most insiteful and educated posts I have seen on here. But, Camden has one minor problem, a coach that does not want to play any underclassman even though he has the talent on the bench. I agree about Kyle Combs also,  he has the size and the speed to make changes in a game but with a quarterback that does not want to throw him the ball, He will have to make his mark on the defensive side. Look for some great things  out of this talented kid!!! thumb

825690692[/snapback]

A new Quaterback has to get comfortable with his reciver and his recivers comfortable with him also. Thank you for the kind words but it takes a team to win. We have several soph. and juniors that will to contribute greatly to this season not to mention some head hunting seniors. Te only thing that we can predict is that we will play one game at a time. <_<