Maryville- No Flags, signs, etc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...but what does football have to do with Nashville?  Seems like there aren't ANY winning teams in that area these days (excpeptions to HS football).

825695734[/snapback]

Fair enough as far as last year goes, but the Titans have a pretty strong record for most of the time they've been here--- 3trips to the AFC title game and 1 to the Super Bowl is in the NFL's elite. We'll keep our fingers crossed for this year-- lots of cap casulties. As far a HS ball goes-- I went to the MHS Football web site linked on your post-- its outstanding , by the way,-- & noticed the discussion about a bunch of MHS players going to football camp at Furman, how good it was, etc--- don't know if he was there, but Furman's starting QB this year and next, Ingle Martin, is a good Nashville guy--- & as good as Maryville was in 1999 & 2000, I wouldn't have bet on them against the MBA teams that Ingle quarterbacked in those years-- esp the "99 team team, which was ungodly-- the only even remotely close game they played was against Bolles from Jacksonville FL--- so we do play a little football in this part of the state--- & I guess its worth noting that Riverdale is in the Nashville area-- haven't noticed anybody from East Tennessee scrambling to schedule them either. All in good fun- & seriously, the web site is great

Manzikert, I can only think of 2 times the Titans have gone to the AFC championship since they've been in Nashville. One was in 1999 when they beat Jacksonville to go to the Super Bowl and the other was when they lost to the Raiders in 2002 (I think).

1999: lost in Super Bowl, first year in the playoffs since coming to Nashville in 1996

2000: lost in first round to Baltimore

2001: didn't make the playoffs

2002: lost in AFC title game to Oakland

2003: lost in 2nd round to New England

2004: I don't think they even made the playoffs did they?

As I was driving to work this morning on Alcoa Hwy(129) I saw the black gentleman protesting the removal of the Rebel flag walking south toward Maryville. He was carring a large flag and moving at a pretty fast pace. I believe he started from somewhere in Middle Tn. He is very brave just to walk on Alcoa Hwy during rush hour. Does his protest end in Maryville??

As I was driving to work this morning on Alcoa Hwy(129) I saw the black gentleman protesting the removal of the Rebel flag walking south toward Maryville. He was carring a large flag and moving at a pretty fast pace. I believe he started from somewhere in Middle Tn. He is very brave just to walk on Alcoa Hwy during rush hour. Does his protest end in Maryville??

825696050[/snapback]

His protest may only begin in Maryville.

Manzikert, I can only think of 2 times the Titans have gone to the AFC championship since they've been in Nashville.  One was in 1999 when they beat Jacksonville to go to the Super Bowl and the other was when they lost to the Raiders in 2002 (I think). 

1999:  lost in Super Bowl, first year in the playoffs since coming to Nashville in 1996

2000:  lost in first round to Baltimore

2001:  didn't make the playoffs

2002:  lost in AFC title game to Oakland

2003:  lost in 2nd round to New England

2004:  I don't think they even made the playoffs did they?

825695973[/snapback]

You're right , my bad--- I wrongly remembered the New England game in 2003 as the AFC Championship, but you're right , it was the 2d round. The 2000 loss to Baltimore was actually the 2d round, I think-- the had a bye the 1st round that year-- I think that was actually the best team they've had and they dominated the game against Baltimore on the stat sheet, but gave up some big plays-- mainly Ray Lewis taking the ball away from Eddie and running it back for a TD-- Eddie was never the same after that

825696050[/snapback]

It's ironic to me, East TN was mostly Union during the War of Northern Aggression. :) Up on the Cumberland Plateau, there were mostly bloody insurgent clashes, i.e. Champ Furgison. B) West TN was mostly Confederate and some of the bloodiest battles were fought there (Ft Donaldson -Shiloh) in the War Between the States. :(

Why are the the Politik Korekt Policei making a noise in a Union stronghold about a highschool that just wants to be left to their own local descisions? :unsure:

Could we have modern Carpet-Baggers and at it again? :)

Edited by jimbo44