Alcoa Football?

Hoptown

My son plays against them for their season opening game. Could someone tell me a brief summary about them? What kind of offense and defense do they run? What are some of their strengths and weakness if they have any? One of the hoptowns' coaches said"he heard that they have 2 potential Mr. Football for Tenn. Is this true? Are they well-coached? thank you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son plays against them for their season opening game.  Could someone tell me a brief summary about them?  What kind of offense and defense do they run?  What are some of their strengths and weakness if they have any?  One of the hoptowns' coaches said"he heard that they have 2 potential Mr. Football for Tenn. Is this true?  Are they well-coached?  thank you.

825690944[/snapback]

Get ready for a game.

The tornados are LOADED, this team is the total package, they have skill, skill, and more skill players. The lines are exceptional on both sides of the ball, and maybe the best D-End combo in the state. This team may be 2-A but they are deep as in depth, not much of a drop off. IMO they may be top 5 in the state state regardless of classification.

They do have two Mr. Football canidates. One is Brandon Warren, the No. 1 ranked player in the state and #60 in the country according to Rivals. He should've won Mr. Football last year, but didn't because he was a junior. 75 tackles, 24TFL, and 20 sacks.

Dustin Lindsey was up for the award as well last year. He's one of the best RB's in the state, and has already committed to the University of Tennessee. He has a very good shot at winning it as well.

Alcoa also has a QB that could go to a good D2 school or a mid- major, and his name his Joei Fiegler. Our FB Logan Love is a very hard worker with a lot of heart, and will also play somewhere in college, probably a D2 or D3 school.

So look forward to a good game from the Tornadoes. They're fast, athletic, smart, and experienced. I wish Hopkinsville tons of luck in KY this year, I know there's always some good players from up there so I look forward to a battle.