McKenzie Rebels

BOHICA

I wanted to start a thread wishing the McKenzie Rebels a great upcoming season. I haven't been able to catch any of the passing league games or practices yet, but I plan to in a few weeks. From what I hear so far, it really sounds like the Rebs will have a great year on defense, our rushing attack and definately in the air. The players seem really motivated and are ready to get started. I drive by the high school practice field all the time and no matter what time of the day it is........there are players out there practicing or running their butts off. Keep it up guys, I promise all this hard work will pay off! I don't want to make any predictions right now, but, I will be going to the state championship games this year again, no matter who is playing, and I would love to see my Rebels playing in that first game that night!

Good luck to Greg, Drew, John Kermit, "Tron", Cornelius, Isaiah, and any of the other seniors I failed to mention. I'm ready to finally meet our newest members of the squad Justin Rogers and Keegan Ball. I've heard a lot of great things about all of you and I'm ready to watch ya'll play.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to start a thread wishing the McKenzie Rebels a great upcoming season. I haven't been able to catch any of the passing league games or practices yet, but I plan to in a few weeks. From what I hear so far, it really sounds like the Rebs will have a great year on defense, our rushing attack and definately in the air. The players seem really motivated and are ready to get started. I drive by the high school practice field all the time and no matter what time of the day it is........there are players out there practicing or running their butts off. Keep it up guys, I promise all this hard work will pay off! I don't want to make any predictions right now, but, I will be going to the state championship games this year again, no matter who is playing, and I would love to see my Rebels playing in that first game that night!

Good luck to Greg, Drew, John Kermit, "Tron", Cornelius, Isaiah, and any of the other seniors I failed to mention. I'm ready to finally meet our newest members of the squad Justin Rogers and Keegan Ball. I've heard a lot of great things about all of you and I'm ready to watch ya'll play.

825694070[/snapback]

BOHICA,

A lot depends on how the O and D lines step up and are ready to play on Friday nights as well as the defense as a whole. We have to handle Union City and Lake Co. just for starters. Then be ready for all the rest of the region.

The Rebels will have a bullseye on them every week just because we are dropping down from AA and have had a succesful program. At this point, it's a matter of how bad the Rebels "want it" and who is gonna step up and get the needed jobs done.

Rogers and Ball should be a big help but, we will still be depending on the core team to get things done in the end (with the help of Rogers and Balll)!!! Even though we are back in class A, we don't have a cakewalk by any means. There are very good teams right here in our region to deal with.

I too, wish the Rebels all the best this season and will be there supporting them along the way. This season is gonna be different than what we're used to but......................!

Edited by duckman38201

The O-Line and D-Line for McKenzie won't feature incredible amounts of size or strength as in past years, but it will, however, feature fundamentally sound boys with a ton of heart. Every Monday and Thursday night is team night, and all the boys come to the practice field to workout. The line hits the sled and works on blocking drills while the defensive linemen/linebackers go through defensive drills. The QB's/receivers go through the passing game and the secondary works against them. Its a great time for these boys to bond and gel together as a unit. Also, the boys are out there working to get better every day. The dead period is a time designed to spend with family and go on vacations, but I have a feeling alot of these boys will go down to the YMCA or other gyms to continue to work out. They are deeply motivated to prove something after a bad showing last year. Also, Rogers and Ball are great additions to the team and each brings something needed to the table. They're alredy mixing in well with the guys.

It feels good to be back on the boards at coacht. When I get back on the boards that means one thing....It's Football Time In Tennessee. :) First i would just like to say that I believe McKenzie will surprise many of the hometown fans who dog every mckenzie year simply because their son was somebody who tried to be somebody in a horrible year of 2-8 or 3-7. The leadership of this mckenzie team is so much in contrast of the horrible leadership they had last year. There is NO complaining on the field from the time they step out until they step back in. This is the first year they have had captains on the team since the last visit to the TSSAA Semi-Finals. They have two captains with hearts of gold and pride of steel in Hayes and Pruitt, they two leading players returning from last years season. As far the offensive and defensive line...we'll have to see when we get there. But if you ask me, i think the big hog-molley's will show some toughness and heart up there in the trenches this year.

Edited by rebelman4life

Does anybody know what Drew is leaning towards in College? Football or Baseball? I realize he is very talented athlete and I just wondered which sport he was looking at and what kind of interest any colleges might have shown. What kind of 40 time does he have? I know he can throw a baseball at warp speed but how far can he toss the ole pigskin?

My information comes from a very reliable source. Drew said himself that he is not being recruited very heavily because of his size and speed. He is 5'10 195 lbs.

He runs a 5.2 40. He is leaning more towards baseball, but I'm sure if the right offer came along he would go with football.

The Reb offense should be fine.

The defense will have to greatly improve from last year if they want to be a contender. The addition of the Ball kid should help to shore up the front, and maybe Rodgers can play DB.

Special teams will need work also, as kick off coverage has been woeful over the past several years.----remember the Camden game last year? McKenzie scored and went ahead in the 4th quarter, kicked off and the Lions ran the ball back to about the Rebel 30 yard line to set up the winning score. Giving up big yardage on kick offs happened game after game.

The Rebs seem to have some good kids on the team who are working hard. Good luck to the Rebels.

I have heard that the work ethic of the Rebels this year is very good and that they are putting it all on the line for this season. That is great and makes me feel better. Last season left a lot to be desired and I had really hoped this team would feel the need to get back to serious business. Apparently they have!!!!

If that is the case, and the D comes around, the Rebels will give a good account of themselves in class A this year. I can't wait to see this bunch light up the scoreboards this season!!!!

Drew's size and speed are a detriment to advancing to collegiate football but, his throwing arm is pure gold. A school looking for a pocket passer that can give him good protection would do well to give him a chance. I would think that baseball would be his first choice but, many have done both in college too.

I couldn't agree more with the posts I've read. I am very excited about this years football program and I can't wait to see 'em play. So far, they are more of a "team" this year, and none of that single player fortune and glory drama. Sure,

that could change when they get on the field, but I truly believe that they have it together and finally produced a solid bond between the players. KEEP 'EM COMING REBEL FANS!!!

How has McKenzie been doing in the passin league scrimmages? I haven't gotten a chance to make any. I heard that they were scorching teams on offense but just thought i would ask to clear things up.

825694399[/snapback]

I've heard the same. I haven't been able to see them play in the passing league games either. I am so ready to watch 'em.