• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit crying people.

The only thing MLB should change about this game is the stupid idea that the winner of the game gets homefield in the World Series.  This is the fans game to get to see the most popular players play together.  If you have been to a baseball game in the past 10 years then the fans are getting ripped in every deal, and the least MLB can do is allow them to vote in the starters for the game, whether or not the player is having the best season or not.

825697538[/snapback]

Actually I forgot something else that should be changed. Do away with the concept that all 30 teams have to have a represenative. There are just some teams that don't deserve one.

Actually I forgot something else that should be changed.  Do away with the concept that all 30 teams have to have a represenative.  There are just some teams that don't deserve one.

825697540[/snapback]

This I do agree with, in the NFL every team doesnt have to be represented and it is a much better game, but in the NFL, the best players are playing against each other also!

This I do agree with, in the NFL every team doesnt have to be represented and it is a much better game, but in the NFL, the best players are playing against each other also!

825697677[/snapback]

But even there the fans have a say in who plays and who doesn't.

But even there the fans have a say in who plays and who doesn't.

825697716[/snapback]

There is a fan vote for the Pro Bowl. And while it is not the only vote used in determining who plays in the game, the fan vote is combined with the coaches and players votes in determining who makes the teams.

yall are right this fan voting is a joke. it would be nice if the people that vote would actually watch a few games instead of just gettin on here and voting for the big names that they hear about all the time. the AL isnt bad at all, my AL would be the exact same but the NL is horrible. Scott Rolen has missed half the games and hasnt been very good in the games he has played, Beltran hasnt done a thing this year...i could come up with atleast 20 outfielders that should be there over him, Jim Edmonds isnt even a top 10 OF in the NL so far, Piazza is horrible but there really wasnt much to choose from, i voted for Barrett, Eckstein wouldnt even be a top 5 SS in the AL but just like the catchers there wasnt much to choose from, i voted for Furcal, atleast he's amongst the league leaders in steals.

replace Piazza with Lo Duca or Barrett, Eckstein with Furcal, Rolen with Ramirez or Ensberg, Beltran and Edmonds with Andruw Jones and Carlos Lee and you got the REAL NL allstar team.

its a shame Morgan Ensberg and Cliff Floyd got snubbed...both of them are having career years and would with out a doubt be top 5 in the NL MVP voting right now.

yall are right this fan voting is a joke. it would be nice if the people that vote would actually watch a few games instead of just gettin on here and voting for the big names that they hear about all the time. the AL isnt bad at all, my AL would be the exact same but the NL is horrible. Scott Rolen has missed half the games and hasnt been very good in the games he has played, Beltran hasnt done a thing this year...i could come up with atleast 20 outfielders that should be there over him, Jim Edmonds isnt even a top 10 OF in the NL so far, Piazza is horrible but there really wasnt much to choose from, i voted for Barrett, Eckstein wouldnt even be a top 5 SS in the AL but just like the catchers there wasnt much to choose from, i voted for Furcal, atleast he's amongst the league leaders in steals.

replace Piazza with Lo Duca or Barrett, Eckstein with Furcal, Rolen with Ramirez or Ensberg, Beltran and Edmonds with Andruw Jones and Carlos Lee and you got the REAL NL allstar team.

its a shame Morgan Ensberg and Cliff Floyd got snubbed...both of them are having career years and would with out a doubt be top 5 in the NL MVP voting right now.

825698039[/snapback]

Wow, cuttin' down my Cards, man. :rolleyes:

Eckstein: OBP-.373, AVG-.286, SLG-.363, SO-20

Furcal: OBP-.295, AVG-235, SLG-.359, SO-43

Furcal's stats are slightly better as far as fielding goes, which brings me to the question, is Furcal your favorite player?

Also, Edmonds and Jones have extremely close stats. The only thing is that Jones leads with home runs, so really that is a see saw vote, could have gone either way, Edmonds came out on top, and he deserves it, maybe not more, but he does deserve it.

I do agree about Scott Rolen, He missed almost twenty games, and really can't compare to Ramirez or Ensberg.

Edited by Fuggly63

Wow, cuttin' down my Cards, man.  :rolleyes:

Eckstein: OBP-.373, AVG-.286, SLG-.363, SO-20

Furcal:  OBP-.295, AVG-235, SLG-.359, SO-43

Furcal's stats are slightly better as far as fielding goes, which brings me to the question, is Furcal your favorite player?

Also, Edmonds and Jones have extremely close stats.  The only thing is that Jones leads with home runs, so really that is a see saw vote, could have gone either way, Edmonds came out on top, and he deserves it, maybe not more, but he does deserve it.

I do agree about Scott Rolen, He missed almost twenty games, and really can't compare to Ramirez or Ensberg.

825698081[/snapback]

Didn't Edmonds go on the DL earlier in the year?