Smoltz came in and did his thing, sure he gave up a run, but that happens in baseball! But something I didnt see was neither of the three undeserving starters(Rolen, Eckstein, Edmonds) do anything? Dang!!! Guess I am right again! Hang in there "SCOOTER" you will be fine! B)

825700866[/snapback]

Rolen didnt' even play.....Eckstein made some great defensive plays....and I have nothing for Edmonds. Edmonds came in and did his thing, sure he didn't hit anything, but that happens in baseball! thumb

Andruw Jones did well, and he proved it. It's just too bad he has to carry an entire team. You can't win in the playoffs with just one man. Maybe another team that could use him will pick him up in the future. But hang in there SCOTTIE, there is always next year to have a great TEAM. thumb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolen didnt' even play.....Eckstein made some great defensive plays....and I have nothing for Edmonds.  Edmonds came in and did his thing, sure he didn't hit anything, but that happens in baseball! thumb

Andruw Jones did well, and he proved it.  It's just too bad he has to carry an entire team.  You can't win in the playoffs with just one man.  Maybe another team that could use him will pick him up in the future.  But hang in there SCOTTIE, there is always next year to have a great TEAM. thumb

825701745[/snapback]

SCOTTIE PIPPEN??? :lol:

Why wait til next year when the Braves are on there way to the playoffs this year? BTW when was the last time the Cards won a WS? Andruw does carry the Braves along way, but if you know anything about baseball, it takes 9 men playing as a team to win! And the best manager in MLB(Cox) has the Braves playing some very good ball to be so young! The Braves may not be good enough to win the WS this season, but they have an awful bright future with all there young guys!

You really think the Cards will win the WS? "I DONT THINK SO SCOOTER"! ;)

Rolen didnt' even play.....Eckstein made some great defensive plays....and I have nothing for Edmonds.  Edmonds came in and did his thing, sure he didn't hit anything, but that happens in baseball! thumb

Andruw Jones did well, and he proved it.  It's just too bad he has to carry an entire team.  You can't win in the playoffs with just one man.  Maybe another team that could use him will pick him up in the future.  But hang in there SCOTTIE, there is always next year to have a great TEAM. thumb

825701745[/snapback]

here you are talkin about Andruw Jones carrying the team when you know good and well the Cards wouldnt be able to make the playoffs this year if Pujols wasnt there. correct me if im wrong but hasnt Atlanta won a world series more recently than St. Louis?? you dont have any right to talk smack after the way my boys smoked yall in the series last year and will do it again this year if yall make it that far!

Edmonds sure did his thing in the allstar game didnt hit...no hits, no spectacular catches...wait a minute, how exactly do you figure he came in and did his thing??? lol you finally see the light huh....if he goes hitless he did his thing, that a boy...now we just need to get opperman to realize Edmonds aint the player he once was.

here you are talkin about Andruw Jones carrying the team when you know good and well the Cards wouldnt be able to make the playoffs this year if Pujols wasnt there. correct me if im wrong but hasnt Atlanta won a world series more recently than St. Louis?? you dont have any right to talk smack after the way my boys smoked yall in the series last year and will do it again this year if yall make it that far!

Edmonds sure did his thing in the allstar game didnt hit...no hits, no spectacular catches...wait a minute, how exactly do you figure he came in and did his thing??? lol you finally see the light huh....if he goes hitless he did his thing, that a boy...now we just need to get opperman to realize Edmonds aint the player he once was.

825701822[/snapback]

Yea, you have to admit, Edmonds going hitless was doing his thing! Remeber he is only batting .270

BTW when was the last time the Cards won a WS? Andruw does carry the Braves along way, but if you know anything about baseball, it takes 9 men playing as a team to win! And the best manager in MLB(Cox) has the Braves playing some very good ball to be so young! The Braves may not be good enough to win the WS this season, but they have an awful bright future with all there young guys!

You really think the Cards will win the WS? "I DONT THINK SO SCOOTER"! :ph34r:

825701757[/snapback]

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :(

Funny stuff there, Dilbert. Yeah, Cox is the best manager. Whew....that was a good laugh. It's been a while since the Cards won a WS, but lets count how many we have one compared to yours........

825701822[/snapback]

You are funny, too, man. We could make the playoffs without Pujols. We have tremedous depth on our team. Nunez could easily be one of the best infeilders in baseball in the future.

As for what I said about Edmonds, I was mocking gotmilk. We have this love hate relationship....we love to hate each other. I know that he did nothing in the All Star game...you don't have to tell me, but for you to come on here to say that Edmonds is pretty much useless, is pretty ignorant on your part. He is still a better than average player. By the way....I have a link I want you to check out.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...oenfield/050412

That sums my feelings up. Hopefully my kids will get to see you guys win another one in 2090!!! That was exciting!!! Too bad they only come once in every 86 years.

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :(

Funny stuff there, Dilbert.  Yeah, Cox is the best manager.  Whew....that was a good laugh.  It's been a while since the Cards won a WS, but lets count how many we have one compared to yours........

You are funny, too, man.  We could make the playoffs without Pujols.  We have tremedous depth on our team.  Nunez could easily be one of the best infeilders in baseball in the future.

As for what I said about Edmonds, I was mocking gotmilk.  We have this love hate relationship....we love to hate each other.  I know that he did nothing in the All Star game...you don't have to tell me, but for you to come on here to say that Edmonds is pretty much useless, is pretty ignorant on your part.  He is still a better than average player.  By the way....I have a link I want you to check out.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...oenfield/050412

That sums my feelings up.  Hopefully my kids will get to see you guys win another one in 2090!!!  That was exciting!!!  Too bad they only come once in every 86 years.

825702120[/snapback]

:ph34r: Please name me a manager in baseball that is better than Cox? Name me a manager that take abunch of rookies or washed up players and turns them into very productive bats that leads his team to 13 straight division titles? Wait let me guess? LaRussa is better than Cox? I DONT THINK SO "SCOOTER"!

As far as the Love-Hate relationship we have, I think it is more like I LOVE it because I am always right and you HATE it because I always prove you wrong! thumb

:lol: Please name me a manager in baseball that is better than Cox? Name me a manager that take abunch of rookies or washed up players and turns them into very productive bats that leads his team to 13 straight division titles? Wait let me guess? LaRussa is better than Cox? I DONT THINK SO "SCOOTER"!

As far as the Love-Hate relationship we have, I think it is more like I LOVE it because I am always right and you HATE it because I always prove you wrong! thumb

825702133[/snapback]

I would say Joe Torre because of all the championships...........But he can't win with some of the best talent in baseball right now........Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball and they can't win.........Too many "EGOS" on the team.....

I would say Joe Torre because of all the championships...........But he can't win with some of the best talent in baseball right now........Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball and they can't win.........Too many "EGOS" on the team.....

825702171[/snapback]

Joe Torre is a great manager and has always been able to do a great job with the major egos that he has had to deal with, but most managers can win with a lineup like he has had year in and year out! The Yanks are picked to at least go to the WS if not win the WS every year, and every year people keep saying "this is the year the Braves run ends", but it still hasnt! Torre has been able to accomplish alot with alot, but Cox has accomplished alot with alittle for the most part! The Braves have also brought a mjor part of there team through there systems and Cox has known just when to bring them up! Most of the Yanks were high priced free agents!

we might as well just give up because we could keep telling them the stats all the way through October and these Cardinal fans still arent gonna admit that Edmonds isnt playing as good as Jones, Lee, Cabrera, Griffey, Floyd, or Burrell...atleast theres still 2 people that can realize the obvious.

825701693[/snapback]

So if I'm understanding you and gotmilk right, the clear-cut best team in the NL didn't deserve to have any starting all-stars?

So if I'm understanding you and gotmilk right, the clear-cut best team in the NL didn't deserve to have any starting all-stars?

825705513[/snapback]

I thought Carpenter and Pujols were the only two that deserved the start! Besides, if that is your best case as to why Edmonds, Rolen, and Eckstein deserved to start, then look at it this way, the best team in MLB(Chicago White Sox) only had one starter(Mak Buerhle) and it was the managers decision to start him!