Huntingdon versus Camden

turbo

Camden beat Huntington, Camden a power house give me a break. What is Camdens win loss record for the last 5 years? They have one good season and suddenly they are a power house. Someone is dreaming, Camden will be lucky to have a winning season this year. Choke did someone say choke. If they are lucky they will be 2-3 after the first five games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'D Disagree with you on both ball and the coaching changes. Ball leaving left a serious gap in the depth dept, and as for coaching changes being good, well, i'll let the past speak for itself. I feel like they were a veteran staff who has gotten less veteran not to mention losing their offensive coordinator and o-line coach. Thats gonna hurt and I don't care who else does it and who's in the backfield. I'm sure they got quality replacements but what about their experience levels? If the change is better they'd better bump up to 5A  thumb

825699464[/snapback]

Well, the new coaches that came into the H-town program for this season aren't exactly inexperienced newcomers to the sport there turbo just for starters.

Huntingdon hasn't had a "serious gap" in their depth chart in my memory and I should know. I doubt that will be the case this season just because one kid decided to transfer to another school. They been handin' my Rebels their butts on a platter for a LONG time!!!! Sure, we got in a win or two along the way but.............!!

I'm hoping that Ball will make a difference here at McKenzie but, time will tell about that. If he can play even remotely like you imply and ktrainfan (wonder who that is?) implys, he should be an asset to the Rebels. And lets not forget that a lot still has to be done to get Keegan ELIGIBLE here in McKenzie too. Maybe that is all getting taken care of and a lot of us just don't know about it yet but, it's still a questionmark to us here.

I will agree with you on this though, Camden had surely better be ready to play when they face off with Westview (and Huntingdon). those aren't region games for them but, will give them a good test for the seasons forecast in the playoffs.

Camden beat Huntington, Camden a power house give me a break. What is Camdens win loss record for the last 5 years?  They have one good season and suddenly they are a power house.  Someone is dreaming,  Camden will be lucky to have a winning season this year.  Choke did someone say choke. If they are lucky they will be 2-3 after the first five games.

825699789[/snapback]

If your from riverside i believe u went 2-8 last year and i believe we beat yall 17-0.i don't know if we should be called a power house but we do need alittle respect doing good last year coming in second in the region to a team who almost won the state championship.

Camden may have a chance.............coming back with every offensive linemen except one and pretty much alright in the back field.New quarterback doing good got some good speed.Also the defense has every linebacker but one coming back.Two coming back on the d-line....the Db's have 2 coming back. Also everyone of the people that are not coming back on defense are going to college. So i think it will be a pretty good fought game.

Rcombs,

I doubt Ball made a big difference at H-town even though he could make an impact at McKenzie. I surely wouldn't base a game's outcome on that change. Actually, that may simplify H-town's choices on offense. Which isn't a good thing for Camden. Coaching changes may well be for the good too! Camden should be in good shape this season and I wish ya'll the best but, Huntingdon will walk on the field loaded again. Be ready or else!

We have to play 'em too and I know this. Everybody else had better or it could get ugly.

All the best to the Lions this year!!!!

825699359[/snapback]

Like i said I'm not from Huntingdon, I was curious.

Camden beat Huntington, Camden a power house give me a break. What is Camdens win loss record for the last 5 years?  They have one good season and suddenly they are a power house.  Someone is dreaming,  Camden will be lucky to have a winning season this year.  Choke did someone say choke. If they are lucky they will be 2-3 after the first five games.

825699789[/snapback]

Seeing as how thats your third post, and you obviously are taking shot at CHS, I'll ignore the fact that you are and idiot and move on tho the next topics

What is Riverside's record in the past 5 years? Probably not much better than Camden. We're not talking about then, we're talking about Camden @ Huntingdon in the following season.

Well, the new coaches that came into the H-town program for this season aren't exactly inexperienced newcomers to the sport there turbo just for starters.

Huntingdon hasn't had a "serious gap" in their depth chart in my memory and I should know. I doubt that will be the case this season just because one kid decided to transfer to another school. They been handin' my Rebels their butts on a platter for a LONG time!!!! Sure, we got in a win or two along the way but.............!!

I'm hoping that Ball will make a difference here at McKenzie but, time will tell about that. If he can play even remotely like you imply and ktrainfan (wonder who that is?) implys, he should be an asset to the Rebels. And lets not forget that a lot still has to be done to get Keegan ELIGIBLE here in McKenzie too. Maybe that is all getting taken care of and a lot of us just don't know about it yet but, it's still a questionmark to us here.

I will agree with you on this though, Camden had surely better be ready to play when they face off with Westview (and Huntingdon). those aren't region games for them but, will give them a good test for the seasons forecast in the playoffs.

825699808[/snapback]

uhhhhh, yes they are both very inexperienced at coaching.

I am not taking a shot at Camden, you have to earn the right to be called a power house. Huntington has earned that right, Milan has earned that right. Huntington is a well coached team that continues to reload year after year. You have to wonder if they are not manufacturing football players there. They are in the hunt for the state championship every year. If you beat Huntington, you know you have a good team. The last time Riverside beat Huntington was in 79. Huntington will beat Camden and not even break a sweat.

Turbo...  I've talked to Mike and he he hasn't said a word about retiring.  I don't know who your source is but you better get another source.  Why would he want to announce his retirement?  Maybe so all the teams in our region can give him a farewell tour!  Do you think Swensen would have left if Mike had told him he would be retiring this year?

As far as Ball quiting, believe me his spot was filled the moment he left.  If Donald or Crocker left the team do you think Huntingdon would play with 10 players?

Don't even think that Camden is going against Martin and defeat them.  They are a senior laden team and they are hard to beat. I hope the coaches and players from Camden don't think like the posters from Camden on here and not even think about Westview cause they will get crushed if all they can think about is beating the Mustangs. 

As far as your comment about coaches leaving...  If Phil Fulmer brought his entire UT staff to Middleton do you think they could make them a winner?  You've got to have the horses.  I think the Coach at Gleason could take this bunch and go 6-4.  You can be Vince Lombardi and not have talent and then you become a "not so good coach"... :lol:

825699694[/snapback]

I agree. one coach or one player does not make or break the system at H-town. That is because the long standing tradition demands that the players and coaches give it their best every Fri night.

It is the system that Mansfield has developed over the years that enables the players to be so successful.

The guys in the trenches will continue to block and tackle whether they are Freshmen or Seniors, if not, they will be on the sidelines real quickly.

Coach will have them ready. I think this bunch is real hungry. The past two years have really taken this program to a new level. Expectations are there and the players know it, the town feels it and Coach is starting to get his game face on.

GO STANGS!! thumb

I am not taking a shot at Camden, you have to earn the right to be called a power house.  Huntington has earned that right, Milan has earned that right.  Huntington is a well coached team that continues to reload  year after year.  You have to wonder if they are not manufacturing football players there.  They are in the hunt for the state championship every year.  If you beat Huntington, you know you have a good team.  The last time Riverside beat Huntington was in 79.  Huntington will beat Camden and not even break a sweat.

825699970[/snapback]

I dont know how the game will end up being but, i know camden will be more experienced because they had already played there first game getting the first game gitters outta them because they had already played a full game and huntingdon has just played a jamboree.Everyone in the first game always makes mistakes.So camden has a advantage.