Huntingdon versus Camden

turbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, enough of living in the past. Huge game for both teams although its nonregional this year. Who wins

825697330[/snapback]

You're right this is a big game for both teams even though it is non-region because, more so for Camden than Huntingdon, it will help set the tone for the season for the Lions..... but Camden has a week 0 game against Westview that needs to be handled first. Will it be an advantage for Camden since we will have the "first game jitters" worked out or will it be to Huntingdon's advantage because of the outcome of that game??...we can only wait and see Aug 21st and then I guarantee the discussion will be alot more lively! How is the Mustang line coming together?...and what about the new OC...still in the wing t?

You're right this is a big game for both teams even though it is non-region because, more so for Camden than Huntingdon, it will help set the tone for the season for the Lions..... but Camden has a week 0 game against Westview that needs to be handled first.  Will it be an advantage for Camden since we will have the "first game jitters" worked out or will it be to Huntingdon's advantage because of the outcome of that game??...we can only wait and see Aug 21st and then I guarantee the discussion will be alot more lively! How is the Mustang line coming together?...and what about the new OC...still in the wing t?

825697345[/snapback]

Boyd will be enough to win 6-2A region, but when the 2nd & 3rd round of the playoffs come round, you need to have developed a 2nd or 3rd option. Defenses can key on one big time player and shut them down.

Example, the H-town 03 team got a big boost from Weathers and Donald as the season progressed. Up till then it had been basically Bell as the only real threat to score at any time. As was evidenced in the first game against Milan that year, they keyed on him and shut him down. But Donald run wild.

For the rest of the year when they stopped Bell, Weathers and Donald had big plays. It is tough to stop 3 big threats all night consistently for any defense.

Last year the Lions had Boyd's legs and Markam's arm. Question for the LIONS is who will fill that # 2 or 3 spot this year. Without multiple threats it is hard to get past week 3 of playoffs. Defenses are just too good at that point.

Oh yeah, Westview will be physical with yall regardless of the score. So even if you win that one I dont think all the bruises, cuts and gashes will be healed up by the 26th.

Mustangs 28

Lions 14

Edited by truth225

Boyd will be enough to win 6-2A region, but when the 2nd & 3rd round of the playoffs come round, you need to have developed a 2nd or 3rd option.  Defenses can key on one big time player and shut them down.

Example, the H-town 03 team got a big boost from Weathers and Donald as the season progressed.  Up till then it had been basically Bell as the only real threat to score at any time.  As was evidenced in the first game against Milan that year, they keyed on him and shut him down.  But Donald run wild.

For the rest of the year when they stopped Bell, Weathers and Donald had big plays.  It is tough to stop 3 big threats all night consistently for any defense.

Last year the Lions had Boyd's legs and Markam's arm.  Question for the LIONS is who will fill that # 2 or 3 spot this year.  Without multiple threats it is hard to get past week 3 of playoffs. Defenses are just too good at that point.

Oh yeah, Westview will be physical with yall regardless of the score. So even if you win that one I dont think all the bruises, cuts and gashes will be healed up by the 26th.

Mustangs 28

Lions 14

825697369[/snapback]

We will have more than just Josh this year...we will have brother Byron as well who is as much a receiving threat as he is a running threat...and you are right we will miss Markham's arm and his poise no doubt...but I think the replacement (Horton) will bring alot of athleticism to the qb spot...he will be a rushing threat also....As far as Westview goes we are looking for a very tough game from them...but just remember who it is that'll be playing the tough schedule week in week out without any time to rest before playoff time comes....not us :D ...who is it that you think we'll have trouble with in the 2nd and 3rd round??...just curious who you think it is that will give us problems.

Huntingdon will struggle in the 1st half, being the 1st game of the regular season. When the 2nd half comes around, after Mansfield sets the boys straight, it'll be domination.

825697468[/snapback]

so your new lines are up to speed then??...the offense is working well with the new OC??....domination???...hmmm I don't know about that.

I spoke with the D-Coordinator several weeks ago. Seemed to be a great guy, Jimmy something. ( I'm sorry I cannot remember his last name.) He and I were both away from the hard work and ran into one another during vacation times. But believe me we were both thinking of the worlds greatest game the entire time. I hope to see he and the Mustangs back at the big dance where I witnessed last years heart break. He blamed himself for the loss last year. With a team like Alcoa, I thought he did a pretty good job.

I see about the same scenario as last year's quarterfinal playoff game between these two powerhouses thumb

Huntingdon 21

Camden 7

825697567[/snapback]

I see it being closer than that. Camden is probably better in the trences than Huntingdon especially with the loss of ball. I also think people forget about camdens third back (can't remeber his name maybe eubanks) and the fact that huntingdon lost alot of seniors and have a depleted o-line. Things are rolling in lion territory while in h-town there have been alot of changes. I give camden a slight edge, especially early in the year.